Jump to content

CCL stock dips below 40


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hoosierpop said:

A few years from now, those of us buying now are either going to be geniuses, or lying to people about the time we bought into a dying company.....

Oh my....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Carnival is fundamentally ok for the long term.  Current shareholders lose only if they sell at a loss.

 

I am still looking for an entry point in the low twenties as I indicated many posts back.  I want to see support in the low twenties hold before I commit.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This coronavirus is really scary stuff.  I wouldn't buy and if you already have stock, I would get out now!  

 

Just trying to drive the price down so I can buy :-).  I'll give you a heads up when it's a good time to buy (shortly after I do).  And, for the record I am not independently wealthy so my advice is most likely the complete opposite of what you should do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I think Carnival is fundamentally ok for the long term.  Current shareholders lose only if they sell at a loss.

 

I am still looking for an entry point in the low twenties as I indicated many posts back.  I want to see support in the low twenties hold before I commit.

 

 

 

 

As I have said, I feel the same way too. Low 20s. Maybe even teens. The experts (CDC, NIH, WHO) have warned us here in the states. We shouldn't be surprised if the entire stock market plummets more. I do believe that CCL will be good in the long term. I plan on holding onto CCL stock for 30+ years (assuming it doesn't go out of business and etc). 

 

14 minutes ago, ajm said:

This coronavirus is really scary stuff.  I wouldn't buy and if you already have stock, I would get out now!  

 

Just trying to drive the price down so I can buy :-).  I'll give you a heads up when it's a good time to buy (shortly after I do).  And, for the record I am not independently wealthy so my advice is most likely the complete opposite of what you should do.

LOL! yes. same boat as you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Looks like Royal is down quite a bit today as well.

 

 hope your not shocked, if people are buying for a $100 OBC, rethink your investment strategies.  If you bought at $32, your already down $500. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coevan said:

 

 hope your not shocked, if people are buying for a $100 OBC, rethink your investment strategies.  If you bought at $32, your already down $500. 

Considering I've made back my investment for 200 shares in Carnival, I'm pretty pleased even with this dip in price. If it comes back to what I purchased at, then I'm good. If not, well, that's the luck of the draw and I'm still pretty satisfied. Carnival was purchased for onboard credit as I was sailing on the brand pretty frequently at that point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

I don't even know if 26 is where I should buy now. It may break 20.

 

I would probably buy at 26 if it was on its way up.  Won't touch it there on its way down.

 

If it breaks 20 it's a whole new proposition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Or you have the WHO making bad math statements like the death rate is 3.4%. 

 

People need to take the same precautions as they do during flu season. But we know a lot of people don’t. And it’s not because of any politician. It’s bad habits that are hard to break.

I have SO much difficulty educating patients. It's hard. So I get it because I am on the front lines.

 

And I agree with the WHO doing bad math. 3013/80422 = 3.74%...not 3.4%. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree and speculate that china is lying. That could just be paranoia on my part. 

 

It goes both ways. There may be a lot more deaths that may not be reported and maybe just counted as "flu" or death by "natural causes". These bodies are burned so we cannot retroactively test them. 

 

Background about me - I pronounce patients dead and fill out these death certificates in the states. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Farts said:

I agree and speculate that china is lying. That could just be paranoia on my part. 

 

It goes both ways. There may be a lot more deaths that may not be reported and maybe just counted as "flu" or death by "natural causes". These bodies are burned so we cannot retroactively test them. 

 

Background about me - I pronounce patients dead and fill out these death certificates in the states. 

Just to be clear, my comments weren’t about you. More about what folks are telling the public.

 

in the end, we all need to manage risk as best we can. Proper hygiene will go a long way with that. Staying home if you feel sick. All the things we should be doing anyway.

 

Back the the stock, I’m buying 25 shares every $1 price drop. I’ll be able to get a great deal if it drops to $1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

It’s tough though. For example, I have a habit of touching my face. Not all the time, but have been noticing how much I do in all of this.

 

the bad math part is the 80422. Literally zero chance that is accurate. The deaths may be close to accurate, but it’s silly to think there are only 80k people infected worldwide.

 

what about all of the people who contract the disease and make a full recovery without even knowing they had it? I would guess that the morbidity is closer to 1/1000 than 3-4/100.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

I think Carnival is fundamentally ok for the long term. 

 

The mortgage holders on the ships may feel otherwise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

 

The mortgage holders on the ships may feel otherwise. 

 

You have a valid point.  That's one of the reasons I said "I think."  Also one of the reasons I'm waiting to see if support holds in the low twenties.

 

I know there are exceptions, but I've rarely felt it prudent to buy a declining stock.  I will see where it settles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

 

The mortgage holders on the ships may feel otherwise. 

If it came down to that I doubt they would repo a virus infested ship 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been on a Carnival ship but have been on a HAL ship. I am tempted to buy stock because of the price. In the last few weeks I have been thinking about sailing on Carnival possibly Horizon. The $100 OBC is a nice benefit.

 

I own NCL stock, I have never been on one of their ships. I'll probably buy more of their stock when the price goes down even more.

 

I don't think Cruise corporations are too big to fail. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...