Jump to content

Luggage Tag Holders?


Aj101
 Share

Recommended Posts

For those who print their own luggage tags do you buy plastic covers for them?    Our TA use to send us tags and covers but this time we are printing them.   This may be a silly question!   Thanks in advance...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Aj101 said:

For those who print their own luggage tags do you buy plastic covers for them?  

 

I use our gifted HAL plastic luggage tags and insert a printed copy inside.  BUT, since those tags aren't easy to read at a glance and guessing it might be easier for the HAL crew, I also attach a full paper tag (folded, stapled, etc as shown) to each bag. (Probably overkill...) BTW, I attach both the HAL plastic tags and the printed paper tags after our airport arrival and before the seaport so the airlines aren't confused.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because of the bashing that the tags and baggage get during flights we do not attach the tags to the bags until leaving our hotel the morning of the cruise.  We have them already printed and just borrow a stapler from reception.  This last cruise I forgot to attach the tags and when we got to Port Everglades the porter said that he had a stapler in his pocket!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Because of the bashing that the tags and baggage get during flights we do not attach the tags to the bags until leaving our hotel the morning of the cruise.  We have them already printed and just borrow a stapler from reception.  This last cruise I forgot to attach the tags and when we got to Port Everglades the porter said that he had a stapler in his pocket!

It’s always handy to have a stapler in your pocket 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just laminate ours.  If we have a phenomenal cruise, DH likes to save one. 😉 

Sheets are available at the dollar store for $1 (3 sheets).  3 is plenty to do as many luggage tags as you need 😉 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kazu said:

I just laminate ours.  If we have a phenomenal cruise, DH likes to save one. 😉 

Sheets are available at the dollar store for $1 (3 sheets).  3 is plenty to do as many luggage tags as you need 😉 

Great idea!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 510picker said:

Bought these from Amazon and they work great. Like others have said, we don't attach these until we are ready to head to the port.

 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BVFA00/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Very handy and they sell  exactly the size for HAL cruises too. 🙂 no need for staplers any more. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Hmmm might have to order those.  They are multiple use I'm guessing?


We’ve used the same ones on several cruises. I bought the larger pack of them and share with friends and family when they cruise with us. I just got tired of having to find a stapler and this definitely solved the problem. I expect to use these for many years to come. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Hmmm might have to order those.  They are multiple use I'm guessing?

We bought the same tags from Amazon 4 years ago, and we cruise 2x/year. They still look brand new--they are super easy to use as there is a "Ziploc" top to secure tag, a reinforced metal grommet where the cable runs through, and the cable is multi-braid metal with a super secure closure. I think these will last for years.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Cailey53 said:

We bought the same tags from Amazon 4 years ago, and we cruise 2x/year. They still look brand new--they are super easy to use as there is a "Ziploc" top to secure tag, a reinforced metal grommet where the cable runs through, and the cable is multi-braid metal with a super secure closure. I think these will last for years.

We have some version of these, also bought from Amazon.  They are great, and it saves having to carry or hunt for a stapler.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...