Room set up on RC for 4 ppl

LindyWebb

Hello Everyone

I am a regular Carnival cruiser that would like to try an RC ship.  My only hold back in the room set up.  I have 4 people (2 teenagers boy and girl and my spouse).  Although 4 people in a cruise ship room is tight we have never minded.  We always get a balcony.  I didn't realize that the RC ships do not seem to have bunk beds, they seem to only have sofa beds, which does not really appeal to my teenagers to have to share a bed.  They have no problem with the size of the bunk beds on Carnival, but is that even an option on RC.  I would appreciate any insight regular RC cruisers have.

4 minutes ago, LindyWebb said:

Hello Everyone

I am a regular Carnival cruiser that would like to try an RC ship.  My only hold back in the room set up.  I have 4 people (2 teenagers boy and girl and my spouse).  Although 4 people in a cruise ship room is tight we have never minded.  We always get a balcony.  I didn't realize that the RC ships do not seem to have bunk beds, they seem to only have sofa beds, which does not really appeal to my teenagers to have to share a bed.  They have no problem with the size of the bunk beds on Carnival, but is that even an option on RC.  I would appreciate any insight regular RC cruisers have.

What ship.  Different ships have different configurations.  Some have the bunk beds

• Like 1

I would suggest doing two connecting rooms.  We did this for our two kids and it was great!  One had the bed and one had the sofa.  The price was just a little more than one room, but for two bathrooms and space, it was well worth it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LindyWebb said:

I looked on the website at some of the bigger ships and none of them seemed to have them?  I was doing mock bookings for next spring out of Florida and none of them showed me any bunk bed options?

Oasis and Allure have balcony rooms that have one pullman and a sofabed.  It's hard to tell now as they changed the deckplan symbols around but they are regular balcony rooms that are capable of holding 5 guests.  They can be booked with 4 guests.  They are in category 3D.  I would suggest using a travel agent to book these.

• Like 1

We have done the pullmans and the sofa with 4 in a room, but at a certain point it became easier to put our two boys either across the hall or next door. You may not be able to do that on the website, but we never had a problem having that done by calling when they were under 21. Started that when our oldest was 13 or 14.