Corona virus

gracef

Anyone else considering not going on their scheduled cruise because of this. This all happened before final payment....If it had happened befor we definitely would have canceled 😡 We are supposed to be on the Encore March 29th. 5 of us😩

Edited by gracef

I’m going on Majesty in the beginning of April.  Booked it February 22nd.  2 days ago.  I’m not afraid, actually can’t wait!! 😀. Cancelled my September cruise to go a lot sooner. I would not be going if my departure port was somewhere over seas😀. I’m not worried one bit!! More worried about catching the flu.   It’s a month away so just watch to see if USA ports have any outbreaks.  if things change, Norwegian will cancel anyway.  ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!😀😀 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gracef said:

Anyone else considering not going on their scheduled cruise because of this. This all happened before final payment....If it had happened befor we definitely would have canceled 😡 We are supposed to be on the Encore March 29th. 5 of us😩

I am definitely  cancelling plans for cruising in 2020 and possibly 2021.  The Corona virus is spreading like wildfire worldwide.  I do not want to play Russian roulette with my life.  Just my luck I would be one who gets infected with the virus.  I do not want to die from contracting the virus on a cruise.  There is more to life than taking a cruise, especially now.
There are other types of travel I can take posing less risk.

• Like 1

I’m watching the ports closely. With the MSC ship being denied entry to both Jamaica and Grand Cayman this week, it certainly has me concerned. I think we will learn a lot more in the next 2 weeks given the rapid spread other countries are seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

We are suppose to leave next week on a 4 night cruise that we won in a contest.  We are seriously considering canceling.  It is not so much about getting the virus as to the hassle if it is even suspected that someone on the ship was exposed.    I would hate to be quarantined  for 2 weeks.

My cruise is not until summer, but we leave out of Civitavecchia (Rome) and make several stops in Italy, Greece, Croatia and Montenegro.  For the time being we are holding tight, but we are glad that we bought insurance just in case.

10 hours ago, North Vancouver Cruiser said:

I have a question. If say on your cruise you get sick with the flu/coronavirus, will the cruise ship put you off in port and say see ya.  Probably that is my biggest concern is to end up in a hospital in some SA country that doesn't have the facilities or hospital to handle it.

I’m pretty sure you would both be quarantined in your room , even if only one of you is showing symptoms. They would only remove you from the ship if you actually need medical care that can only be provided in a hospital setting.

5 hours ago, bloomcruisers said:

I’m pretty sure you would both be quarantined in your room , even if only one of you is showing symptoms. They would only remove you from the ship if you actually need medical care that can only be provided in a hospital setting.

Thanks, that make me feel better as taking off for a 48 day cruise next week to south america.

I am really disheartened at the number of people who are engaging in non-essential travel right now. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I love going on vacation too, but not with the risks involved today. The severity of the COVID-19 outbreak is causing major world-wide restrictions. Short of locking down the US, what does the government need to do to stress the importance of social distancing and staying put to try and contain the spread of this disease? I don't know about you, but this has impacted the entire city I live in; all large social gatherings such as sporting events, concerts and parades are cancelled; buses and trains are half full, restaurants are empty, major universities are teaching online, schools closed, people working remotely, and on and on. I carry rubber gloves in my purse and everyone I know is super scared to touch anything outside their home or be near others. This is my reality and if it's not yours, good!  Let's try to keep it that way! Stay safe all. 

With social distancing being the next 'to do'  recommendation, certainly here in the UK, it seems very irresponsible to go on a cruise and be in close proximity to so many people. This is a short term situation but potentially for some extremely dangerous. It is a personal choice but recent events on a few ships show how quickly the virus can spread.

Just an added comment, how many people have you previously seen on a ship using the hand gels, not many I'm guessing.

• Like 1