Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
shiny1

Upgrade Offer

Recommended Posts

We were offered an upgrade from balcony to signature suite for $349 per person for our 11 day upcoming cruise. Is this a good offer and is it worth the extra money for a signature suite?

We haven’t ever upgraded before. Any thoughts or information is appreciated!! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the date of your cruise? (i.e. how many days out?)

 

L.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shiny1 said:

We were offered an upgrade from balcony to signature suite for $349 per person for our 11 day upcoming cruise. Is this a good offer and is it worth the extra money for a signature suite?

We haven’t ever upgraded before. Any thoughts or information is appreciated!! Thanks!

All I can do is give you a comparison - we are on a 10 day Panama canal cruise leaving in a couple of weeks. We were offered an upsell from a Signature suite to a Neptune suite for $299/person.  We took it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good to me!  I'm just guessing, but you might be booked on the Zuiderdam for a partial Panama Canal.  The Signature Suites on the Vista Class ships are 50% larger than the verandas and good location.  You will spend a good bit of time on your veranda sightseeing.  Hope you can still get it as they sell out fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a free upgrade on the Vancouver to Yokohama cruise in October. For me it isn't worth paying for it. Just book the lowest category you would be happy with and wait and see. It was an unexpected and of course welcome upgrade(from one category to another ) not just a change of location)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re sailing 3/18/20 so soon!!

Are there other perks for Signature Suite passengers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really what you get is about 50% more space and the bathroom has two sinks and a full shower/tub plus another shower.  The verandah is larger too.  No other perks since an upgrade doesn't get double Mariner points.  Same room service menu as a veranda.  I love Signature Suites!!!!

 

If you want it, don't wait to respond!

~Nancy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, oakridger said:

Really what you get is about 50% more space and the bathroom has two sinks and a full shower/tub plus another shower.  The verandah is larger too.  No other perks since an upgrade doesn't get double Mariner points.  Same room service menu as a veranda.  I love Signature Suites!!!!

 

If you want it, don't wait to respond!

~Nancy

 

 

Pretty sure a paid upgrade gets double days for a suite. The comp upgrade does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cruiseing marly said:

Pretty sure a paid upgrade gets double days for a suite. The comp upgrade does not.

 

Upsells (which are at a reduced price) which is what this really is (or appears to be) do not get the double days for a suite unless the booking was originally in a cabin with the name suite attached to it.

 

IF someone pays the regular price to upgrade to a suite, then yes, they would get the double day credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cruiseing marly said:

Pretty sure a paid upgrade gets double days for a suite. The comp upgrade does not.

Your absolutely right!

For is we would take the upgrade. 
Denise😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On our 24-day European cruise last summer we took a $199/pp upgrade from VE to SS. We were able to chose a cabin (i.e. not a guarantee) and we received double days.

 

😎We both agreed the upgrade was well worth the extra money we paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, shiny1 said:

We were offered an upgrade from balcony to signature suite for $349 per person for our 11 day upcoming cruise. Is this a good offer and is it worth the extra money for a signature suite?

We haven’t ever upgraded before. Any thoughts or information is appreciated!! Thanks!


For 11 days, yes, I think that’s a good deal. I would do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

On our 24-day European cruise last summer we took a $199/pp upgrade from VE to SS. We were able to chose a cabin (i.e. not a guarantee) and we received double days.

 

😎We both agreed the upgrade was well worth the extra money we paid.

That was a really good deal!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it was - especially considering we were able to keep the cabin level bonuses of pre-paid gratuities and $600 OBC, plus a $25 beverage card each !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cruiseing marly said:

Pretty sure a paid upgrade gets double days for a suite. The comp upgrade does not.

Unfortunately, it does not. I checked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends, sometimes yes and sometimes no.  If the suite has been advertised in the past at the equivalent to the paid upgrade then you will get the double mariner days.  If not, you will not.  We have experienced both as well as our son travelling with us in a vista suite on a free upgrade received them while we did not in the same cabin. Clear as mud, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...