WDW Resort to Port Canaveral

shareen3

Hi all!

Looking for recs on how to get from WDW property to the port. I initially thought to take their transfer service but I believe that is only if you are going on Disney Cruise. I'm not sure how long the walk is from Disney to the RCI terminal. The main issue is I travel with 2 kids and on the Disney bus they do not allow car seats which works out considering I am not bringing one. Lyft/Uber is great but again - car seat issue for my youngest (8 months)

Any personal recs on a company to hire that will have car seats or another transfer option. 

thank you 

You may be able to use the free Disney transfer back to the airport (just give them a flight number that leaves about 3 hours after the time you want to leave your hotel) and then purchase Royal transfers from the airport to the port. That should be a bus, similar to Disney's transfers.  With the amount of traffic in the port Canaveral area, I wouldn't be comfortable walking just me from port to the other (even if Disney did let you buy a transfer when you're not cruising with them).

The two terminals are nowhere near each other (at least a mile if you could actually walk there, so you’d need to take a taxi or other ride service. There’s no way to cross the channel without walking on the shoulder of a major highway.

i do not believe Disney will transport anyone to the port who’s not sailing on one of their ships.

if you go to the ports forums and search Canaveral, there are several threads with transportation recommendations.

Edited by orville99

You may be able to get the Minnie Van to take you, but it's expensive!  My favorite transportation company in Orlando is Worldgate Transportation and they provide car seats for free.  They were about $70 from the airport to Disney, so maybe slightly more to the port.  I believe Minnie Van is $249! 

10 hours ago, shareen3 said:

Hi all!

Looking for recs on how to get from WDW property to the port. I initially thought to take their transfer service but I believe that is only if you are going on Disney Cruise. I'm not sure how long the walk is from Disney to the RCI terminal. The main issue is I travel with 2 kids and on the Disney bus they do not allow car seats which works out considering I am not bringing one. Lyft/Uber is great but again - car seat issue for my youngest (8 months)

Any personal recs on a company to hire that will have car seats or another transfer option. 

thank you 

We hired Ace Luxury transportation to take 13 of us from the Poly to Port Canaveral overall it was great and reasonably priced total travel time was about an hour. They provided 1 rear facing car seat and two booster seats free of charge as well.

Edited by Miggsoo3
Additional information added

19 hours ago, LeeW said:

Rent a car the night before for one way rental (and pay the parking fee at your resort).  Several hotels have rental desks, or you can go across the street from Disney Springs and get one.

OP has a child that requires a car seat.

13 hours ago, AspiringCindy said:

In August, we took the magical express back to the airport at 8 am. Then we took contrans shuttle to the port at 9:15am. The contran bus shuttles were located right next to magical express. It was so easy. 

We did this exact same thing last March and it worked perfectly. Cortrans was even early and called to see if we were ready and since we got to the airport early due to magical express, it worked out even better. They were really cheap too, I think $20 each way per person and the driver was awesome. To be completely honest - they pick up from both terminals at the airport so if you can just get to the airport, they'll tell you where to meet them.