Jump to content

Check your rates!! Dropped a lot!


Recommended Posts

We booked a late-July cruise on Monday after canceling a May cruise under the coronavirus cancellation policy, but now the website is showing the July rate dropped by over $200. Problem is, Carnival's phones are down and I can't call to get the lower rate. Hope the rate stays down until I can get through to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We booked a late-July cruise on Monday after canceling a May cruise under the coronavirus cancellation policy, but now the website is showing the July rate dropped by over $200. Problem is, Carnival's phones are down and I can't call to get the lower rate. Hope the rate stays down until I can get through to them.

 

I can't even get into the site to check for price drops!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had issues with submitting price protection forms, the forms are approved, but the rates and OBC amounts are wrong so you have to call to have it corrected?

 

This has happened to me a few times recently, including today but of course I can’t get through to Carnival to get it corrected this time since the phone lines are down. 
 

I wish I had a decent PVP that I could email for help. If anyone can recommend one, I would appreciate a private message (if that can still be done on this site). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrs CruisinCritter said:

Has anyone had issues with submitting price protection forms, the forms are approved, but the rates and OBC amounts are wrong so you have to call to have it corrected?

 

This has happened to me a few times recently, including today but of course I can’t get through to Carnival to get it corrected this time since the phone lines are down. 
 

I wish I had a decent PVP that I could email for help. If anyone can recommend one, I would appreciate a private message (if that can still be done on this site). 

 

Yeah, I am seriously regretting all those times that I didn't opt to start working with a PVP. What I wouldn't give for an email to a good one right about now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 10:06 AM, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Can you use that OBC towards Cheers?

Yes you can. I used a $500 OBC last May towards our Cheers package with no issues. The only thing to consider is you will not get the 10% discount as you will have to purchase it when on the ship and not online. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, john91498 said:

Just e-mailed about possibly cancelling and my PVP got me another $260 credit. Thar's almost $900 in price drop. 🙂

Was this due to a price drop or did they just give you additional credit so that you did not cancel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, saintsfan777 said:

Was this due to a price drop or did they just give you additional credit so that you did not cancel?

 

I'm not sure. I asked about cancelling, but my cruise is not till August. My PVP said they are only looking at present to May 31 sailings and if I cancel, I would lose my deposit. After that, she told me she found more price reductions and gave them to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I called to upgrade my cabin yesterday and Carnival was quoting prices straight from the website. Calling back tonight to act like I'm canceling. Maybe I'll be able to get a Havana cabin. I did manage to get through to them in less than 25 min yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, john91498 said:

Holy smokes, my rate dropped by another $580 since Feb 20th. My $3,100 cruise went all the way down to $1,600...woot...

Woot woot indeed👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
 

What sailing if you don’t mind me asking.  I’m watching our 3/2021 panorama booking but doubt if they will reduce much since it’s so far out.  

Edited by IcanSeaclearlynow
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Woot woot indeed👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
 

What sailing if you don’t mind me asking.  I’m watching our 3/2021 panorama booking but doubt if they will reduce much since it’s so far out.  

 

We're on the Panorama leaving August 22nd of this year. the booking is for 7 nights in an 8D balcony. Hopefully, all this virus stuff will be over by the time we sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, john91498 said:

 

We're on the Panorama leaving August 22nd of this year. the booking is for 7 nights in an 8D balcony. Hopefully, all this virus stuff will be over by the time we sail.

Ours was supposed to be this April 25th 🤷🏼‍♀️   
 

We have an 8C.   Just checked & ours has dropped another $40 pp.  Little dab will do ya - I’ll take every cent I can lol.  
 

I think y’all should be fine but will keep my 🤞🏻 for you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked September 19, 2020 Carnival Sunshine out of Charleston a week and a half ago for an unbelievable price of about $60 per person, per night for a spa balcony cabin (along with three other cruises for 2020-2022). I checked today to see if there have been any price drops and found that the Sunshine sailing had increased by about 40% since I booked! I'm thankful that I got in when I did! Now awaiting drops on my January 2021 Vista sailing (and some reasonable prices from NCL so that I can use my CruiseNext certificates!). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...