Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Anybody watching the price drop?  Oh my I wonder it where it finish.  It is now at 82.28.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will rebound when all of the virus chaos is over, whenever that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough to know when to catch a falling knife.

 

Biker, who has started buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy now and you are looking at close to a 50% gain should it return to its pre drop pricing...won’t be quick but it will get back up there. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m buying now as well. Just be prepared it can fall further before recovering. Dividend yield going up nicely as the stock drops.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It might be a good time to buy. 

I'm considering.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Tough to know when to catch a falling knife.

 

Biker, who has started buying.

Biker, who has made a good buy.. Although Tesla is a awesome buy right now..

Edited by taglovestocruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We own 100 shares each of RCL and Carnival - both offer shareholder benefits in the form of OBC.

Glad I never look at the price of either....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Biker, who has made a good buy.. 

Biker doesn't believe in buying single stocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you really need to get the OBC from the stock now This has a long way to bottom out.  Last time we had a recession in 2009 it hit 5.00 which was crazy cheap.

 

unlikely to hit that now,  but the point is a reference for just how low it can go.   I believe the previous high when it went to 5.00 was around $30 or so at the time,  so it dropped down to 1/6 value.  RCI has half the ships then, but the point is that it’s a mass sell off in a recession.

 

If RCI has a ship with corona or the Caribbean gets corona it’s hard to say just how low it can go.

 

Its definitely not a bad buy now,  just be prepared for it to fall even more if you buy in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rimmit said:

 just be prepared for it to fall even more if you buy in now.


I’m patiently waiting, as it’s going to drop more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RCL has not yet been affected by the pandemic because officially there's still no pandemic. It's quite possible that RCL will be at the forefront of bearish trades all the way until general market capitulation date. I think it was March 6, 2009 last time talking heads announced that it was a doomsday. At the moment RCL's P/E is barely below 10 and the yield is less than 3.5%. That's far from being an excellent value at a time of crisis.

I have no intention to short RCL (or any other stocks) but I do want to get in at a good opportunity and hold it forever. The yield would need to be above 5% before I'll pull the trigger with market conditions as they are now. Price would have to go below $56 before 5% yield is reached. I wouldn't be surprised if RCL decides to suspend dividends because it will likely prefer not to pay investors instead of leaving their employees without pay or customers without compensation.

I'd also welcome a decision by RCL to suspend dividends if they come across an opportunity to acquire on the cheap a few additional beach head properties around the world to further expand their "Perfect Day at ..." concept. A time of crisis is the time of opportunities for well-run companies. I like the way RCL operates in comparison to many other hospitality companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rimmit said:

Unless you really need to get the OBC from the stock now This has a long way to bottom out.  Last time we had a recession in 2009 it hit 5.00 which was crazy cheap.

 

unlikely to hit that now,  but the point is a reference for just how low it can go.   I believe the previous high when it went to 5.00 was around $30 or so at the time,  so it dropped down to 1/6 value.  RCI has half the ships then, but the point is that it’s a mass sell off in a recession.

 

If RCI has a ship with corona or the Caribbean gets corona it’s hard to say just how low it can go.

 

Its definitely not a bad buy now,  just be prepared for it to fall even more if you buy in now.

We were on Radiance in Mexico in 2009. There was the captains get together in the back of the ship in the club area. End of the talk the captain said in all seriousness, our stock is cheap, buy all you can afford and watch it grow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We were on Radiance in Mexico in 2009. There was the captains get together in the back of the ship in the club area. End of the talk the captain said in all seriousness, our stock is cheap, buy all you can afford and watch it grow.  


We were on the Jewel in Mar of 2009.  All they talked about in the top tier event was the stock price and how it was rock bottom and how RCI would survive this and come back stronger than ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apples and oranges comparing 2007 recession with current situation.    Then Fed was able to flood markets with liquidity and eventually restore confidence allowing markets to recover.  Unless Fed is working on a Corona vaccine don't see them being any help today.  

 

If god forbid one passenger on a Caribbean cruise tests positive.  Imagine almost 8000 passengers and crew quarantined for weeks on an Oasis size ship.  Ports will close.  Bookings will dry up and call centers will be working around the clock handling cancellations.  

 

Can't consider buying RCL until situation stabilizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Apples and oranges comparing 2007 recession with current situation.    Then Fed was able to flood markets with liquidity and eventually restore confidence allowing markets to recover.  Unless Fed is working on a Corona vaccine don't see them being any help today.  

 

If god forbid one passenger on a Caribbean cruise tests positive.  Imagine almost 8000 passengers and crew quarantined for weeks on an Oasis size ship.  Ports will close.  Bookings will dry up and call centers will be working around the clock handling cancellations.  

 

Can't consider buying RCL until situation stabilizes.

You make very good points. Considering the way islands responded to the MSC ship, if a ship ends up with a true case of Corona in the Caribbean there is going to be turmoil down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rimmit said:

Unless you really need to get the OBC from the stock now

do you always get OBC as a stockholder? are there any other perks pertaining to OBC/discounts/etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, therealblackknight said:

 

There is a FAQ here about shareholder benefits...

https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

Seems to me the list of restrictions for getting the benefit is a bit sparse. People have reported having difficulty obtaining the credit with many of RCI's fake sale rates. I also don't see where it states not combinable with C&A discounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Seems to me the list of restrictions for getting the benefit is a bit sparse. People have reported having difficulty obtaining the credit with many of RCI's fake sale rates. I also don't see where it states not combinable with C&A discounts.

That all changed last June 1'st.  The stock OBC is now basically combinable with everything for cruises booked after June 1 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...