RCL Stock

heidikay

The US has the most confirmed because where doing the most testing. 85% of pos. cases are light symptoms. In other countries those cases go under Radar 

The stock is going to bounce around for a while. You don’t have to buy at the lowest 

just on the way up LOL

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, nolimits said:

The US has the most confirmed because where doing the most testing. 85% of pos. cases are light symptoms. In other countries those cases go under Radar 

The stock is going to bounce around for a while. You don’t have to buy at the lowest 

just on the way up LOL

The US is not doing the most testing, South Korea is: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51818627

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 6:44 PM, Daytonasailor said:

Jeeze, really? I was saying it tongue in cheek. Actually it was 102%, so that would be more than double. Unless math has changed. 

I actually was trying to be tongue in cheek, too. I thought you had a typo leaving out a decimal (10.2) since the other stock quoted was 15% or something. Should have checked the prices myself, I guess.  Sorry I didn't get the joke.

The most tests is the most tests 
 I don’t Know if the knock Donald Trump article is Quotable. LOL 

I Guess the press in other Countries Twist 
things the way the want them also 

50,000 more tests is more tests

-1 is closer to 1. Than 3.4  Death rate 

37,000 is in between the range of ,26000 and 52000 Flue death rate 

Hope all stay safe and nobody ends up in any of those stats in any country 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's not a very nice thing to say. :classic_huh:

I'm not sure why?😕

With 130000 cases - as well as the highest growth - it's a simple fact that they have the most cases. Given that extensive penetration, it's an unfortunate but realistic outcome that recent cruises with lots of US passengers have a high chance of that exposure.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know about the crazy pricing on the stocks but I can't even imagine what the cruise lines' PR departments are going to come up with to attract new comers to cruising when they start running again. If I had never cruised before I don't think I'd be considering one now.

Despite some thinking that there will be loyalty downgrades and bad pricing, I'm of the view that it's more likely they'll actually be trying to entice their loyalty members. 

Signing up new cruisers in the near future after restart is a much tougher sell. Once the broader market sees it's safe, _that's_ when they'll return.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nolimits said:

The most tests is the most tests 
 I don’t Know if the knock Donald Trump article is Quotable. LOL 

I Guess the press in other Countries Twist 
things the way the want them also 

50,000 more tests is more tests

-1 is closer to 1. Than 3.4  Death rate 

37,000 is in between the range of ,26000 and 52000 Flue death rate 

Hope all stay safe and nobody ends up in any of those stats in any country 

"Most testing" is a proportional term. If you said "the most tests" sure. But testing is a proportion of your sample/population size. In this case they aren't.

No they're not. The US has fewer people than China and more than Australia, but our population is sort of dispersed without a lot of unity. But I think we're trying. The San Francisco Bay Area counties have a good stay at home compliance rate and we are entering our third week...with probably more to come. Of course, when testing is increased, the number of cases goes up and the mortality rate goes down. Strange times. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, davelinde said:

We own 100 shares each of RCL and Carnival - both offer shareholder benefits in the form of OBC.

Glad I never look at the price of either....

I was thinking of buying shares too. Do the OBC start at 100 shares?

6 hours ago, mayleeman said:

I actually was trying to be tongue in cheek, too. I thought you had a typo leaving out a decimal (10.2) since the other stock quoted was 15% or something. Should have checked the prices myself, I guess.  Sorry I didn't get the joke.

Hey, no problem. 

• Like 1

Its a long term investment. It will come back up but its going to be a very long time. If investing made everyone rich everyone would do it. Its all timing.    Lets be honest nobody has a crystal ball. They could go bankrupt. Probably wont but they could.  Im an investor in Royal stock but I have no expectations of it going up anytime soon

Edited by rtazz17

I'm new to this buying stock thing & looking by buy some Royal stock.  I know that you get some kine of onboard credit if you have at least 100 shares.  Does the stock post dividends?  If so, do you get both the onboard credit & dividend?  

2 minutes ago, phillychick said:

I'm new to this buying stock thing & looking by buy some Royal stock.  I know that you get some kine of onboard credit if you have at least 100 shares.  Does the stock post dividends?  If so, do you get both the onboard credit & dividend?  

The stock did post dividends.  No guarantee that those wont be eliminated.  Yes you used to get both

• Thanks 1

Anyone considering buying any stock, not only RCL, who have absolutely no clue whatsoever of what they are doing should be speaking to a professional and obtaining advice from a professional. Not speaking to a professional about your investment options is the very easiest and fastest way to lose money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Anyone considering buying any stock, not only RCL, who have absolutely no clue whatsoever of what they are doing should be speaking to a professional and obtaining advice from a professional. Not speaking to a professional about your investment options is the very easiest and fastest way to lose money.

Agreed, however I think that most on here are like me who saw an opportunity to pick up 100 or 200 shares and have some fun with it.  Even dropping to $0 it won't affect my retirement one way or the other and if I can make a bit off of it in the next year and pay for a cruise or 2 then that's a bonus.  I would never think of putting any of my retirement money or kids college fund into any stock right now without professional advice

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Agreed, however I think that most on here are like me who saw an opportunity to pick up 100 or 200 shares and have some fun with it.  Even dropping to $0 it won't affect my retirement one way or the other and if I can make a bit off of it in the next year and pay for a cruise or 2 then that's a bonus.  I would never think of putting any of my retirement money or kids college fund into any stock right now without professional advice

Same here.

I would like to have a small amount in various company's.

I would like to ask someone with knowledge, some are $1100 per share and some are $20. Whats the difference

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think that most on here are like me who saw an opportunity to pick up 100 or 200 shares and have some fun with it.

If that's the case I get it. My impression is that it's not the case... most ask about the dividend, obc, and make comments like "it just has to go up.... right?....right??" There are hundreds of other companies to invest in at the moment with a million times better outlook than any cruise stock in my humble non-professional opinion. Anyone can make a "fun" play on those as well. 👍

You know you were extremely lucky...but hey, you won big time!!! 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

If that's the case I get it. My impression is that it's not the case... most ask about the dividend, obc, and make comments like "it just has to go up.... right?....right??" There are hundreds of other companies to invest in at the moment with a million times better outlook than any cruise stock in my humble non-professional opinion. Anyone can make a "fun" play on those as well. 👍

When I see some of the simplest questions being asked on this thread I just shake my head.  Look, if you don't know the basics of stocks or stock investing learn first, then, and only then, commit your $$$.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Yeah, I guess there is some of both going on.  Hopefully your post enlightens some thinking they can make a quick $

Edited by Ourusualbeach

32 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Your humble opinion is pretty spot on.🙂

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, yogimax said:

When I see some of the simplest questions being asked on this thread I just shake my head.  Look, if you don't know the basics of stocks or stock investing learn first, then, and only then, commit your $$$.

You mean if someone googles.... "I have a question about how stocks work" .... Cruise Critic isn't the first choice that comes up to click on?🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You mean if someone googles.... "I have a question about how stocks work" .... Cruise Critic isn't the first choice that comes up to click on?🤔

Oddly, at this point your doctor, not Cruise Critic, might be the best place to look for cruise advice.

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

People like to invest in what they are familiar with... I dont think the majority are gambling their retirement here. 

Edited by rtazz17