I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t wait for the bank sale on foreclosed cruise assets. How cool would it be to pick up a Voyager class ship for pennies on the (million) dollars. As mentioned above, gonna be tough to find a place to park it. Oh well, I’ll worry about that later. 

Edited by zekekelso
On 4/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, npcl said:

The stock can get to zero, RCL declare bankruptcy, and everything related to passengers be unaffected.  Not so much for shareholders which would get wiped out. 

The airlines have done it several times. Declare bankruptcy, issue new stock, primarily to the debt holders, while leaving the passenger deposits, credits intact.

The cruise lines have some debts, but lots of assets.  What they don't have is lots of cash.  So worse comes to worse they declare BK, restructure the company, terminate unfavorable contracts (probably those for the new builds) and raise cash and eliminate the debts.  Happens all the time.

I don't people on all of CC don't understand the gravity or the wisdom of your post.

On 4/4/2020 at 10:40 PM, npcl said:

Look at the airline bankruptcies and you would get an idea.  The restructuring process does not stop operations, if they were running.  In a restructuring the stockholders are wiped and what you usually get is often debtor in possession.  When those that have already loaned money to the company get equity in in exchange for their bonds.  Additional stock is issued to provide the funds to provide the necessary operating funds for the company to get through and restart.  As part of this process they can also get rid of any contracts that are not helpful.  They could for example eliminate the new build contracts.  They could also use the restructuring to right size the company for what they expect to see when cruising starts up again.

You would not see anyone take ships, they would go for the entire enterprise.  Another possibility would be a investment firm like Apollo who could step in very cheaply, take the entire company private, This is similar to what happened to NCL a few years ago. Apollo is the company that did it with NCL.

If the company you worked for was shut down for nine months it was most likely not a financial restructuring, but instead a full BK where someone bought the assets of the company out of BK. No need to shutdown operations in a financial restructuring.

I see this happening or something similar. The assets are worth something for sure. And people know it.

The way the RCCL stock is yo yoing........could have been buying and selling a few times lately and made alot of money.......Just can't pull the trigger, I'm still sitting on the sidelines..........

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Saudi Arabia's private wealth fund has taken an 8.2% stake in CCL.  Welcome to Riyadh cruise lines.

Burhka's are not optional!!

I was wondering why royals stock was going up. It wasn't making sense. If opec is going into the cruise biz we are all screwed. 

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The way the RCCL stock is yo yoing........could have been buying and selling a few times lately and made alot of money.......Just can't pull the trigger, I'm still sitting on the sidelines..........

Hindsight investing is always sweet  😉

9 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Carnival, Norwegian cruise line and Royal Caribbean all jumped 18% - 25% todays as the Saudi's bought almost $400 million dollars of Carnival stock.  Good chance they won't lose money. 

The fact there are new investors doesn't change the risk of the outcome.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:00 PM, bigeck said:

Only thing about winning the lottery, can't go out to spend it and everywhere is closed

Buy a private Island is what comes to mind. It would need a fully stocked and functioning grocery store though, that delivers. 

Yup, you are right.  No easy way to spend it. 

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

.Stock at almost $40 again and rising..............hard to believe isn't it?

Patience !!!!     the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset

Getting some pop upwards due to huge investment in Carnival by some fund in Middle Eastern country.  Selling 8% of company shares.  RCL still has not addressed dividend and I think that will be a negative if they reduce or eliminate it.  I think they need to at a minimum reduce dividend asap to preserve CASH.  RCL has high fixed overhead costs and no revenue.  Guess they can generate some cash flow with deposits, but that is risky.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I disagree.  Buy this, have it shipped to your house (for free in a couple of days with Amazon Prime 😁) and hang it on your wall:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011390GZ0/?tag=readerwp-20

Only 1 left in stock so order soon!

5 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Opec, i remember the car lines of the 70's to fill your tank. 

Opec is notorious for carefully controlling prices. 

Big difference between a supply limited commodity and a very optional vacation product.

Plus Disney and Virgin, among others, would be a good balance.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I disagree.  Buy this, have it shipped to your house (for free in a couple of days with Amazon Prime 😁) and hang it on your wall:

I think you may be over-estimating how large the stimulus checks will be 🙂

2 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Getting some pop upwards due to huge investment in Carnival by some fund in Middle Eastern country.  Selling 8% of company shares.  RCL still has not addressed dividend and I think that will be a negative if they reduce or eliminate it.  I think they need to at a minimum reduce dividend asap to preserve CASH.  RCL has high fixed overhead costs and no revenue.  Guess they can generate some cash flow with deposits, but that is risky.

Market has already priced in elimination of dividend.   May sound perverse but stock will likely rise when they announce it.  Shows they are serious about conserving cash.    

CCL fits right in with Saudi sovereign wealth fund's other big investments Tesla and Uber.  Currently making no money and burning through cash.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I notice that the link you are providing has an Amazon affiliate ID added to it.  Shouldn't you be letting us know you're trying to make a profit here?

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Buy a private Island is what comes to mind. It would need a fully stocked and functioning grocery store though, that delivers. 

Amazon could deliver with drone or just let the interest build and buy a cruise ship at a knock down price. Might be a few available soon

3 hours ago, Wolf 8 said:

I notice that the link you are providing has an Amazon affiliate ID added to it.  Shouldn't you be letting us know you're trying to make a profit here?

That's what I get for cutting/pasting from a Google search result for "most expensive item on Amazon". If you decide to purchase the $1.25M Dracula poster, I WILL ask for a small finder's fee.