7 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I can not understand why it is up also

It’s just following the general Trend of the market. Cruise line stocks tend to be up more and also down more as a % but unless something specific to the line itself they follow the general trend. 

AEF77073-07DF-4B76-8ADD-C927E28B7ADC.jpeg

065CD72E-2195-432F-A031-B68266C79F7A.jpeg

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Unless I missed it that article only references ships under construction.  The biggest unknown is the large numbers of new builds that each line had in the works over the next 5 years and how many of those get shelved.

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unless I missed it that article only references ships under construction.  The biggest unknown is the large numbers of new builds that each line had in the works over the next 5 years and how many of those get shelved.

Exactly.

And what are the penalties if any that apply to cancelling or deferring those ship builds?

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Here's the primary reason (Gilead Science).  Stock over $6.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-april-29-2020-221407672.html

I saw the Gilead announcement. That seemed far from promising to me. Central banker comments seem to be dragging market up in general, but I don’t see how that benefits travel stocks. Who knows. 

13 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

I really want to buy 100 shares but I’m afraid I waited too long....why oh why didn’t I pull the trigger when the stock got down to $20?  I was luck to snag NCL at $9.00 but I really want RCL. 
hmmmm....

Be patient.   $20 is coming to a stock near you.

21 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

I really want to buy 100 shares but I’m afraid I waited too long....why oh why didn’t I pull the trigger when the stock got down to $20?  I was luck to snag NCL at $9.00 but I really want RCL. 
hmmmm....

I feel your pain  -- it drop low twice and both times I wanted lower...  I snooze, I lose.

This was not even for a get rich quick thing, it was just to have it at a reasonable level so I can get my $100 OBC and get it paid off with less cruises...lol

23 minutes ago, xcell said:

I feel your pain  -- it drop low twice and both times I wanted lower...  I snooze, I lose.

This was not even for a get rich quick thing, it was just to have it at a reasonable level so I can get my $100 OBC and get it paid off with less cruises...lol

I agree...I’m buying for the OBC. (Hopefully we will all be going on a lot of cruises in the future!)

I see it continuing to do up and down....I was betting on it taking a dive late this week so cashed out at 41

41.80 yesterday and then put a buy order in for 34 😉

We'll see if it works out......

Edited by dodgestang
typo