Cruise Critic Community

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Yes, I have been working out how to take advantage of some options they are offering.  I found some very nice pricing on some JS's and booked then did a lift and switch. 

Nice if you can use it to upgrade and get double points. I was told in uk, if the fcc os more than the cruise, you will receive the difference in another fcc

Edited by bigeck

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought the cruises that one can use the 125% are more expensive. S&L offer price protection. 

I just had my Alaska 2020 cruise cancelled.  Took the 125% fcc

Rebooked  next year for just about the same price I paid for 2020 (I caught a really good resident rate in Feb)  I end up with an extra $2000 in OBC.  Made a lot more sense than the S&L

28 minutes ago, bigeck said:

was told in uk, if the fcc os more than the cruise, you will receive the difference in another fcc

Same rules in NA 

1 minute ago, Dennis#1 said:

Not a good 10Q report when compared to the previous report.

It's all relative, the next one will be much worse.

20 hours ago, bigeck said:

Nice if you can use it to upgrade and get double points. I was told in uk, if the fcc os more than the cruise, you will receive the difference in another fcc

That is true but watch your timing.  The new FCC is not issued until 30 days after the cruise it is used on so you may have a limited time frame to use it.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCCL filed their 10Q with the SEC:

https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000088488720000029/rcl-20200331.htm

No change in the delivery dates of the ships through 2025 from annual filing in February.

I found that interesting because on the investor call they mentioned some delays due to shipyard shutdowns and some supplier issues. 

4 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

I found that interesting because on the investor call they mentioned some delays due to shipyard shutdowns and some supplier issues. 

The accountants who prepare the SEC filling probably didn't get the word yet about any delays - I assume on the next quarterly submission they'll have info on any delays.

Relatively good day for RCI stock.  Closed at $43.35.

4 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Stock hit 50

The question is why?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The question is why?

I read its because a vaccine is closer

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The question is why?

Because their largest market has decided that it doesn’t matter how many people die as long as we can get our hair done.  

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The question is why?

They will only have a 6 billon dollar loss for 2020, things are looking up. Did you get stopped out of your Moderna, if not the question is Why ???

3 hours ago, ed01106 said:

Because their largest market has decided that it doesn’t matter how many people die as long as we can get our hair done.  

Plus they have already backed down from closing the buffets or upper tier Lounges.  Bayley now says things will be back to normal after a while. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

They will only have a 6 billon dollar loss for 2020, things are looking up. Did you get stopped out of your Moderna, if not the question is Why ???

No still holding on to Moderna, not sure why but I'm still hoping it rebounds one more time before bailing out. I'm still up $800 on it.

I sold at $48.50. Third time I’ve sold since mid March $1000 profit each time. Happy to let the roller coaster continue...

On 5/21/2020 at 8:40 PM, Blizzard54 said:

That is true but watch your timing.  The new FCC is not issued until 30 days after the cruise it is used on so you may have a limited time frame to use it.

I’ve been told 21 days in U.K. ... and we have exactly 21 days between the end of cruise 1 and final payment date for cruise 2 ! Both cruises are booked direct so they can sort it out I’m sure! 

9 hours ago, little britain said:

I’ve been told 21 days in U.K. ... and we have exactly 21 days between the end of cruise 1 and final payment date for cruise 2 ! Both cruises are booked direct so they can sort it out I’m sure! 

They should be able to work that out.  Things should slow down by then.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The RCCL SEC filing for the outcome of their annual stockholder meeting had some interesting info:

https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000110465920067832/tm2021339d1_8k.htm

Thanks for posting the link and not posting the content of the link, changing the font size, so it takes pages of scrolling. 😇

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

I haven’t looked for a while at the stock price and it’s now over $50.  I’m surprised.

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I haven’t looked for a while at the stock price and it’s now over $50.  I’m surprised.

I, also, was surprised when I checked last week. Then I started thinking... if this is happening with cruises shut down then what is going to happen when it starts back up?