6 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Exactly.  And if you find yourself coming to CC for investment advice.....

Precisely,

A message board for a cruise line is the last place to look for unbiased advice about a cruising stock!

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The TUI Group completed the sale of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises to its TUI Cruises joint venture with the Royal Caribbean Group for an enterprise value estimated at €1.2bn.

I know this deal was stuck several  months ago, but awful tough time for Royal to have to part with 600MM euros.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Gotta me some of that RCG stock.  

I think this all just marketing - nothing has changed at the SEC, still RCCL, and certainly no change of the stock symbol.

RCCL filing with the SEC today:

On July 9, 2020, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (“RCL”) acquired the 33.33% interest in Silversea Cruise Holding Ltd. that it did not already own (the “Silversea Shares”). Silversea Cruise Holding Ltd. is now a wholly owned subsidiary of RCL. As consideration for the Silversea Shares, RCL issued to Heritage Cruise Holding Ltd. (the “Seller”), an affiliate of Mr. Lefebvre, five million two hundred thousand (5,200,000) shares of common stock, par value $0.01 per share, of RCL (the “RCL Shares”). This issuance was exempt from registration under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), pursuant to Section 4(a)(2) of the Securities Act. The Seller represented to RCL that it is an “accredited investor” as defined in Rule 501 of the Securities Act and that it is acquiring the RCL Shares for its own account for investment and not with a view towards distribution in a manner which would violate the Securities Act or any applicable state or other securities laws. Any share certificates or book-entry evidence representing the RCL Shares shall bear an appropriate legend or notation.

Pursuant to the agreement governing the acquisition of the Silversea Shares and the issuance of the RCL Shares, among other things, the parties terminated any obligation of RCL to issue to the Seller any contingent consideration in connection with RCL’s acquisition of a 66.67% interest in Silversea Cruise Holding Ltd. on July 31, 2018.

26 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

What will the long-term impact on RCL stock value be by this 33.33% acquisition?

Likely negligible, it all depends on how much revenue/profit Silversea can deliver.

This should make RCG creditors happy, adding SilverSea assets to balance sheet and paying with stock, not cash.

This deal and the TUI one were negotiated a while back, but curious how RCG adds to fleet through (admittedly small) acquisitions while CCL delays new builds and announces plans to divest 13 ships totaling 9% of their total berths.

On 3/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, fred30 said:

Plus it will become the norm to quarantine any ship with a confirmed case onboard.

I am just wondering...this was the norm in February / March when Covid-19 was spreading and nobody wanted to risk spread into places where it wasn't, but now that it is everywhere, how nuts is it to suggest that a ship with a sick passenger would be quarantined and not allowed to call into a scheduled port?

Wouldn't it make more sense to quarantine the sick passenger, announce to guests / increase sanitary standards, and keep going like is now done to handle Noro?  Once a vaccine / treatment are available, yes; until then, no cruising nor any travel is viable or possible.  

I am thinking otherwise, we let people into bars in 3 hour blocks, but who pulls the "low card" and gets the 0600 - 0900 time slot?  This is just nuts...

27 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

In my inexpert opinion, the entire market has gone completely mad, with the cruise lines along for the ride. 

And that is why, on the 8th day, God created trailing stops.

After swearing they have adequate liquidity through '21 CCL and NCLH are both in the market today raising fresh cash.  CCL  sold new senior bonds yielding 10%+ while NCLH sold both stock and bonds.  CCL also announced sale of 4 Holland America ships.  Both stocks down more than 10% .   

On 7/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, SherriZ366 said:

RCL stock closed at 58.35 -- a jump of 10.21. 😄 It is down a little after hours.  

CDC No Sail order sheds light on weakness... Sun Trust posted the following which shows RCL to be the worst off with liquidity.

"Carnival has about 16 months of liquidity in a no-sail scenario, according to SunTrust estimates. Royal Caribbean has about 14 months, while Norwegian Cruise Line has about 25 months, SunTrust says."

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Really, that seems a little steep. 

I was considering selling if that $58 hit $60

You should like it.  Every time I put a buy order in the stock goes up $10-  I put it in last week when the stock was around $47.  Had one in back a month or so for $35 and stock went up $10😇

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

CDC No Sail order sheds light on weakness... Sun Trust posted the following which shows RCL to be the worst off with liquidity.

"Carnival has about 16 months of liquidity in a no-sail scenario, according to SunTrust estimates. Royal Caribbean has about 14 months, while Norwegian Cruise Line has about 25 months, SunTrust says."

I'd say not much difference between 14 and 16 month 'guess', but thanks for sharing. So much easier to read than just a link.