Jump to content

RCL Stock


heidikay
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

I have been posting on the Celebrity thread about this but as far as Technical Analysis if $65 doesnt hold here next stop $35ish.

 

Warren Buffet said he realized technical analysis didn't work when he turned the chart upside down and didn't get a different answer.  Peter Lynch said charts are great for predicting the past.  Personally see charts as useless in a black swan event like this.  Better off with an Ouija board or magic 8 ball.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm waiting until it is $30 before I consider it.  I might or might not own stock in the future.  I don't need it but at the right price, for me, I will consider it.

 

WOW, I thought I was a Bear!  

 

To me it's starting to smell like napalm in the morning out there in Cruiseland and like Colonel Kilgore I love the smell of napalm in the morning. 🙂

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think we're not going to see the bottom of this for awhile.  I think it's going to get a lot tougher for the cruise industry.

The virus is still spreading and it's now starting to show up in the Caribbean. There will be no places for the ships to go.  Once this virus is everywhere even in low numbers it will start becoming lights out for some ships.  

Plus it will become the norm to quarantine any ship with a confirmed case onboard.

Edited by fred30
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

 

WOW, I thought I was a Bear!  

 

To me it's starting to smell like napalm in the morning out there in Cruiseland and like Colonel Kilgore I love the smell of napalm in the morning. 🙂


ROAR.
 

I’m not doing it for the $100 OBC, I’m looking at the gain.  If our a Canadian dollar rises I might move quicker.  At $30 US that would be $40 Canadian at current rates. 
 

When I used to cruise on Princess I had 100 shares and their share holder credit was combinable with OBC booking. I bought it when our dollar was stronger that the US and sold when we started sailing exclusively with RC.  At that time our dollar was almost 30 cents less than the US. The stock went up a bit too. It was a good day. 
 

I'm hoping to duplicate  the same with RC, well except for the dollar. 🙂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:


ROAR.
 

I’m not doing it for the $100 OBC, I’m looking at the gain.  If our a Canadian dollar rises I might move quicker.  At $30 US that would be $40 Canadian at current rates. 
 

When I used to cruise on Princess I had 100 shares and their share holder credit was combinable with OBC booking. I bought it when our dollar was stronger that the US and sold when started sailing exclusively with RC.  At that time our dollar was almost 30 cents less than the US. The stock went up a bit too. It was a good day. 
 

I'm hoping to duplicate  the same with RC, well except for the dollar. 🙂

deleted

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Put 100 shares in Lisa's name as well and you can pick up $200 OBC per sailing.  Combinable with pretty much everything now except TA and interline rates.

 

So if there are two separate stock holders in the same cabin you BOTH can get the $100 on a 7 day?
I though I read that it was only one per cabin.
Certainly a great deal if doubling up is the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

 

So if there are two separate stock holders in the same cabin you BOTH can get the $100 on a 7 day?
I though I read that it was only one per cabin.
Certainly a great deal if doubling up is the case.

My bad.  You are correct.  I remember looking at doing this for both my wife and I but we had 2 cabins

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

So if there are two separate stock holders in the same cabin you BOTH can get the $100 on a 7 day?
I though I read that it was only one per cabin.
Certainly a great deal if doubling up is the case.

 

"Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy, one shareholder credit per stateroom, and one credit per shareholder per sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

 

"Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy, one shareholder credit per stateroom, and one credit per shareholder per sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held."

Thanks, it has been years since I last owned any but was hoping they had perhaps changed the policy since that time.  

Edited by dasmonkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow what a week as every other day the stock market is way UP and way DOWN.    Kinda of like waves on the ocean during a strong storm.

 

Be glad for the UP days at least.  Time will tell when all this is done.  I bet lots of folks working at cruise lines office and headquarters are losing sleep over how to handle changes, refunds and the many questions they are getting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

 

And if they'll have a job in the future.

 

 

or just have hours cut.  I don't thin kany cruise line will fold but right now the agents are very busy.

 

I am also wondering if they will cancel the new ships in the que to be build or the next generation.

I think the market is very saturated and right now all ships could be 70% full or less for quite a while.

I think the govt should change the rules for TRIPS TO NOWHERE.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

 

 

or just have hours cut.  I don't thin kany cruise line will fold but right now the agents are very busy.

 

I am also wondering if they will cancel the new ships in the que to be build or the next generation.

I think the market is very saturated and right now all ships could be 70% full or less for quite a while.

I think the govt should change the rules for TRIPS TO NOWHERE.  

Luminous Cruise out of Japan filed for bankruptcy this past monday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today from Market Watch.

Analyst Joseph Greff at J.P. Morgan said he believed Royal Caribbean was the “best positioned” to weather slowdown in demand amid COVID-19 fears, and therefore the best positioned to outperform “coming out the other side.” Although Greff said Royal may have slightly more balance sheet risk than rival Carnival, he wrote in a note to clients that “we currently don’t see liquidity being a major risk. 

He rates Royal’s stock overweight, and has a price target of $155, which is more than double (135%) current prices.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Today from Market Watch.

Analyst Joseph Greff at J.P. Morgan said he believed Royal Caribbean was the “best positioned” to weather slowdown in demand amid COVID-19 fears, and therefore the best positioned to outperform “coming out the other side.” Although Greff said Royal may have slightly more balance sheet risk than rival Carnival, he wrote in a note to clients that “we currently don’t see liquidity being a major risk. 

He rates Royal’s stock overweight, and has a price target of $155, which is more than double (135%) current prices.

 

 

I bet if you look hard enough you can find a so called expert that will say that there is a lot of downside left and it will takes years to fully recover. People believe what they want to believe, right or wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the time of uncertainty it is especially true that value of the stock has very little to do the price people are willing to pay to own it. RCL will report material affects of Covid-19 on its earnings for at least next four quarters. This will not be hugely detrimental to the underlying value of this well-run corporation. However, it will affect all current and near-term metrics, and will put the stock on the radar of technical shorts, and will scare off flavour-of-the-day investment funds, and will see price suppression at the end of the year due to window dressing by funds and and tax-loss selling by individual investors. 

 

Many shareholders remain oblivious to the fact their RCL lost so much so quickly. It is only after they go over their retirement portfolio financial statements in the coming months they will begin to raise displeasure of this fact with their brokers. Negative pressure will remain here for months unless someone like BRK steps in and acquires a large chunk, and then others will jump on the bandwagon.

 

The yield is still below 5%. There's time to wait. There's no panic on Wall Street yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...