15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

By pricing ships that they know won’t sail high they will hopefully drive the little remaining interest to ships that they plan on sailing. 

Evil genius.  There's actually a psychological term for this, although I don't remember what it is.  The concept is that if you can't put an absolute value on something, you tend to put a relative value by comparing it to something similar.  A cruise that is 50% more expensive than normal therefore looks like a bargain compared to a cruise that it 100% more expensive than normal.

11 minutes ago, yogimax said:

RCL down another 3% today, CCL flat.

RCL stock goes up one day and then down another day.  Currently at $52.12 per share.  Does anyone think it will get down into the $20’s again?

18 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

RCL stock goes up one day and then down another day.  Currently at $52.12 per share.  Does anyone think it will get down into the $20’s again?

Some say yes...

Some say no...

Some say "who knows"?

I'm in the third category

1 hour ago, Dennis#1 said:

Cruise stocks have been artificially supported since this pandemic started.

The stock market as a whole has nothing to do with a "free market" system based on worth and value.

It's based on "perception" and who can b.s. the most to embellish the perceived worth.

11 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

The stock market as a whole has nothing to do with a "free market" system based on worth and value.

It's based on "perception" and who can b.s. the most to embellish the perceived worth.

So true.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, Hoopster95 said:

I'm curious, what definition of worth and value is the free market system based on other than perceived worth and value?

31 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I'm curious, what definition of worth and value is the free market system based on other than perceived worth and value?

Free market system on paper is fabulous! However it relies on honesty and truth of data. I see data, or market fund managers see data, and make decisions based on that data. How do you, or I, or anyone truly know that the data is 100% truthful?

In my humble and zero fact ignorant opinion, honesty of truth and data cannot be relied upon in North America. It's all about embellishing the truth and outright lying. This question can also asked to Bernard Madoff, as well as of the board of directors of both Enron and Bre-X. Or the Savings&Loans banking system leading up to 2007, or or or.... many examples. I may be severe in my feelings, but it's how I feel. Deep deep deep down .... Power = curruption = money.

5 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Free market system on paper is fabulous! However it relies on honesty and truth of data. I see data, or market fund managers see data, and make decisions based on that data. How do you, or I, or anyone truly know that the data is 100% truthful?

In my humble and zero fact ignorant opinion, honesty of truth and data cannot be relied upon in North America. It's all about embellishing the truth and outright lying. This question can also asked to Bernard Madoff, as well as of the board of directors of both Enron and Bre-X. Or the Savings&Loans banking system leading up to 2007, or or or.... many examples. I may be severe in my feelings, but it's how I feel. Deep deep deep down .... Power = curruption = money.

Those people you mentioned were caught, fined, shamed and went to jail. And you say truth doesn't exist in our system? How did they get convicted if truth doesn't exist?

On 10/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Dennis#1 said:

I don't know, but if it did I'm not sure I'd want to buy any at that time.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:01 AM, livingonthebeach said:

According to this analyst, cruise line stocks aren't going to make a comeback soon.  He points out that the recent Princess pause in Australia / New Zealand indicates a further pause in US operations, increasing losses for the cruise lines.  Seven more months of not sailing could mean survival would be in jeopardy for some, he concludes. 

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/10/28/1-more-knock-on-the-cruise-line-industry/

And here is yet another one....

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4383495-royal-caribbean-this-is-disaster

2 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Oh, no -- not good.  I unwisely bought more RCL and CCL after the lifting of the NSO on Friday.  I thought I did well, until today when all the big three stocks are down substantially, despite the market being up.  If I have to wait until 2024 to recoup my investment as the article states, I don't mind as long as they don't go **POOF**. 

36 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Oh, no -- not good.  I unwisely bought more RCL and CCL after the lifting of the NSO on Friday.  I thought I did well, until today when all the big three stocks are down substantially, despite the market being up.  If I have to wait until 2024 to recoup my investment as the article states, I don't mind as long as they don't go **POOF**. 

Royals stock has done really well. My stock has increased no matter what the market itself does. Actually it doubled in one week when the market did terrible. Do not panic. If you invested to make money with it, there is a good chance you will. Use the perks for OBC while you have it.

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Amazing how well the stock did until the lifting of the no sail order. It makes no sense.

We all need to chill out and I say it will do very good if not great once this virus is controlled and all the negative information about cruising has left. 

23 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

We all need to chill out and I say it will do very good if not great once this virus is controlled and all the negative information about cruising has left. 

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Investors and speculators are already factoring in the the development of a vaccine.  As for negative information about cruising... it will be with us for years.

56 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I am quite chilled out. I was simply pointing out that the stock did well when the cruise line was simply shut down with no end in site.

This is a play stock for me. If I do well with it then great. If not, I only put in what I was willing to lose.