RCL Stock

heidikay

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

There's a difference between "growth" and "speculative."  To me, growth is defined as something taking place over a period of years.

Tesla is purely speculative.

How about BeyondMeat, AMD, Nvidia, Amazon, the list is long, LOL

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Let the market do your timing.  I have been in and out five times in the last 6 months, all with a no brainer $2 trailing stop loss. In last Friday at 58 and stoped out yesterday at 73.  Looks like mid 70s will be in play for next few months, it feels like the big swing party is over. Next big correction in Royal, Carnaval and NCL will come after the first ship has a outbreak. 

Thanks - I'm with ya....not quite 5 times, but a few.....its been fun while it lasted. 

Edited by CTCruiser76

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Anyone know what’s up with the stock price this morning.  Up over $5.00 in pre opening trading. 

C2906B61-EAB1-4591-BC79-568710B23E65.jpeg

Thanks to @A&L_OntI now know why.

94% success rate for Moderna in US trial

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/moderna-vaccine-test-coronavirus-1.5803266

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Sell when things are rosy, buy when things are under a black cloud..

That's a great trading philosophy, and one I've used throughout my life....but now I'm done riding the cruise-stock wave.  With the libs wanting to shut everything down again, I'm now concerned for the survival of cruise lines in general (not to mention the rest of the country).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 2

From the SEC filing on 11/19:

As previously disclosed, during the third quarter of 2020, we amended each of our export credit backed facility agreements (the “Export Credit Facilities”) in order to extend the period during which a breach of the financial covenants will not trigger a mandatory prepayment or default, as applicable, under each facility through and including the fourth quarter of 2021. In connection with these amendments, we agreed that certain of our subsidiaries (none of which directly own a vessel) will issue guarantees for the debt outstanding or to be outstanding under the Export Credit Facilities (the “Financial Covenant Extension Amendments”).

Further to and in accordance with these Financial Covenant Extension Amendments, on November 13, 2020, we entered into amendments to certain of the Export Credit Facilities guaranteed by BpiFrance Assurance Export, including those facilities which provide availability to delivery financing for the third and fourth Edge-class ships for Celebrity Cruises and the fifth and sixth Oasis-Class ships for Royal Caribbean International (collectively, the “Bpi Facilities”). These amendments provide for the issuance of the previously agreed guarantees once the debt is drawn in satisfaction of our obligations under the relevant Financial Covenant Extension Amendments. Following issuance, the guarantees will be released under certain circumstances as other debt is repaid or refinanced on an unsecured and unguaranteed basis. In connection with and following the issuance of the guarantees of the Bpi Facilities, the guarantor subsidiaries are restricted from issuing additional guarantees in favor of lenders (other than those lenders who are party to the Export Credit Facilities), and certain of the guarantor subsidiaries are restricted from incurring additional debt. In addition, the Bpi Facilities will benefit from guarantees to be issued by intermediary parent companies of subsidiaries that take delivery of any new vessels financed with export-credit backed financing.

Edited by Biker19

On 11/20/2020 at 6:47 AM, bucfan2 said:

That's a great trading philosophy, and one I've used throughout my life....but now I'm done riding the cruise-stock wave.  With the libs wanting to shut everything down again, I'm now concerned for the survival of cruise lines in general (not to mention the rest of the country).

While that is generally true, from an creditors point of view, who wants to repossess 62 ships? What are they going ro do with that asset? Cruising will definitely come back, there is a lot of pent up demand. What makes more sense, take a bath on some interest, or have to deal with assets where you would get pennies on the dollar?

I told my 20 year old son who bought a couple of cruise stocks (and more than doubled his money so far) that the stock market moves are purely emotional. There is absolutely no reason for the stocks to be at this level based on the fact that they are hemorrhaging money like mad. The stock price doesn’t match their financials situation but people believe they will come back so the price goes up. It’s all emotion. If there are more people that want to buy the stock than want to sell, the price goes up and vice versa. 

And yes, my son knows he could lose his money at any time.

2 hours ago, neckhardt said:

While that is generally true, from an creditors point of view, who wants to repossess 62 ships? What are they going ro do with that asset? Cruising will definitely come back, there is a lot of pent up demand. What makes more sense, take a bath on some interest, or have to deal with assets where you would get pennies on the dollar?

I told my 20 year old son who bought a couple of cruise stocks (and more than doubled his money so far) that the stock market moves are purely emotional. There is absolutely no reason for the stocks to be at this level based on the fact that they are hemorrhaging money like mad. The stock price doesn’t match their financials situation but people believe they will come back so the price goes up. It’s all emotion. If there are more people that want to buy the stock than want to sell, the price goes up and vice versa. 

And yes, my son knows he could lose his money at any time.

You are right, there are no good reasons for this stock to continue to rise.  I sold 80 dollar calls at 74 last week and thought I had robbed a bank.  I might get sold out but I will smiling all the way. 

The vaccine will eventually get us back to cruising but it will be a rocky road.  The CDC is in no hurry to lift restrictions, and the incoming Biden administration will not only allow, but encourage them to leave no stone unturned.   Already we’ve seen several line cancel all cruises into the spring, and cruises of longer than 7 days for all of 2021.  It’s a long way to profitable operations. 

28 minutes ago, radarcruiser said:

You are right, there are no good reasons for this stock to continue to rise.  I sold 80 dollar calls at 74 last week and thought I had robbed a bank.  I might get sold out but I will smiling all the way. 

When is up is down and down is up nothing makes sense.  At the first sign of any earnings the stock might tank. Royal and Norwegian up 8%, Carnaval up 11% today. 

• 2 weeks later...

From RCCL SEC filing yesterday:

On December 3, 2020, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (the “Company”) filed a prospectus supplement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), under which the Company may offer and sell shares of its common stock, having an aggregate offering price of up to $1.0 billion (the “Shares”), through any of the Managers (as defined below), from time to time through an “at-the-market” equity offering program (the “ATM Offering”). The Company expects to use the net proceeds from sales of Shares under the ATM Offering for general corporate purposes. The timing and volume of any sales will depend on a variety of factors. Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, BofA Securities, Inc., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, BBVA Securities Inc., BNP Paribas Securities Corp., BTIG, LLC, Commerz Markets LLC, DNB Bank ASA, Fifth Third Securities, Inc., HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., Mizuho Securities USA LLC, MUFG Securities Americas Inc., PNC Capital Markets LLC, R. Seelaus & Co., LLC, Santander Investment Securities Inc., Scotia Capital (USA) Inc., Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB, SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SG Americas Securities, LLC and Truist Securities, Inc. are acting as managers (the “Managers”) under the ATM Offering.

The ATM Offering was registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, pursuant to a registration statement on Form S-3 (File No. 333-223241) (the “Registration Statement”) filed by the Company with the SEC on February 26, 2018. The terms of the ATM Offering are described in the prospectus dated February 26, 2018, as supplemented by the prospectus supplement dated December 3, 2020.

In connection with the ATM Offering, on December 3, 2020, the Company entered into an equity distribution agreement (the “Equity Distribution Agreement”) with the Managers. The ATM Offering pursuant to the Equity Distribution Agreement will terminate upon the earliest of (i) the sale of all common stock subject to the Equity Distribution Agreement, (ii) the termination of the Equity Distribution Agreement by the Company or by the Managers, or (iii) the second anniversary of the date of the Equity Distribution Agreement. The Equity Distribution Agreement contains customary representations, covenants and indemnification provisions.

The legality opinion of Watson Farley & Williams LLP, issued in connection with the ATM Offering, is attached hereto as Exhibits 5.1, and is incorporated by reference into the Registration Statement.

This Current Report on Form 8-K shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy shares of common stock and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

From RCCL SEC filing yesterday:

On December 3, 2020, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (the “Company”) filed a prospectus supplement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), under which the Company may offer and sell shares of its common stock, having an aggregate offering price of up to $1.0 billion (the “Shares”), through any of the Managers (as defined below), from time to time through an “at-the-market” equity offering program (the “ATM Offering”). The Company expects to use the net proceeds from sales of Shares under the ATM Offering for general corporate purposes. The timing and volume of any sales will depend on a variety of factors. Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, BofA Securities, Inc., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, BBVA Securities Inc., BNP Paribas Securities Corp., BTIG, LLC, Commerz Markets LLC, DNB Bank ASA, Fifth Third Securities, Inc., HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., Mizuho Securities USA LLC, MUFG Securities Americas Inc., PNC Capital Markets LLC, R. Seelaus & Co., LLC, Santander Investment Securities Inc., Scotia Capital (USA) Inc., Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB, SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc., SG Americas Securities, LLC and Truist Securities, Inc. are acting as managers (the “Managers”) under the ATM Offering.

The ATM Offering was registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, pursuant to a registration statement on Form S-3 (File No. 333-223241) (the “Registration Statement”) filed by the Company with the SEC on February 26, 2018. The terms of the ATM Offering are described in the prospectus dated February 26, 2018, as supplemented by the prospectus supplement dated December 3, 2020.

In connection with the ATM Offering, on December 3, 2020, the Company entered into an equity distribution agreement (the “Equity Distribution Agreement”) with the Managers. The ATM Offering pursuant to the Equity Distribution Agreement will terminate upon the earliest of (i) the sale of all common stock subject to the Equity Distribution Agreement, (ii) the termination of the Equity Distribution Agreement by the Company or by the Managers, or (iii) the second anniversary of the date of the Equity Distribution Agreement. The Equity Distribution Agreement contains customary representations, covenants and indemnification provisions.

The legality opinion of Watson Farley & Williams LLP, issued in connection with the ATM Offering, is attached hereto as Exhibits 5.1, and is incorporated by reference into the Registration Statement.

This Current Report on Form 8-K shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy shares of common stock and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.

Please, can you give us the Cliff Notes version of this?  😵 🍷

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Please, can you give us the Cliff Notes version of this?  😵 🍷

RCL needs more cash because cruises are delayed further. They sought SEC approval to release $1B worth of new stock certificates. That is really about it. For shareholders, at a high level, you lost about 5% in value per share (224M outstanding shares, 11M new shares created). 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

RCL needs more cash because cruises are delayed further. They sought SEC approval to release $1B worth of new stock certificates. That is really about it. For shareholders, at a high level, you lost about 5% in value per share (224M outstanding shares, 11M new shares created). 

Yup, hopefully this will give RCL the liquidity they need to survive this crisis 🙂

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

Yup, hopefully this will give RCL the liquidity they need to survive this crisis 🙂

There is no doubt they will survive it. The question is at what cost. They are going to need to get the biggest spenders onboard, not have as many discounted cruises. Compared to CCL and NCLH, RCL has priced us out of cruising the times we can go if our March cruise is canceled. There is nothing in 2021 with prices today that we would be willing to pay. We will head to CCL or NCLH for $2,000 less.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

There is no doubt they will survive it. The question is at what cost. They are going to need to get the biggest spenders onboard, not have as many discounted cruises. Compared to CCL and NCLH, RCL has priced us out of cruising the times we can go if our March cruise is canceled. There is nothing in 2021 with prices today that we would be willing to pay. We will head to CCL or NCLH for $2,000 less.

RCL has always been more expensive, but I agree, their prices appear to be a little elevated.  Maybe this will correct after they don't have so many Covid restrictions.

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

RCL has always been more expensive, but I agree, their prices appear to be a little elevated.  Maybe this will correct after they don't have so many Covid restrictions.

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

Maybe it's me, we've booked a few NCL cruises to try them out after a bunch of Royal cruises and NCL is more expensive even after accounting for their included perks.  I'm comparing cruises out of NJ for Royal to out of NYC for NCL, so a fair comparison.

After we take these cruises we will decide if NCL is worth the premium.

2 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Maybe it's me, we've booked a few NCL cruises to try them out after a bunch of Royal cruises and NCL is more expensive even after accounting for their included perks.  I'm comparing cruises out of NJ for Royal to out of NYC for NCL, so a fair comparison.

That has been my experience as well when comparing similar ships fir clients. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I am simply looking at the possible next window we could cruise. Unfortunately, it is during holidays. Current look at pricing, CCL is about $2500 without any addons (~$3500 with addons), NCLH is $3,500 for everything, and RCL is $3,200 without any addons (~$4700 with what we would get).

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A little tidbit today from Motley Fool.

It's quite possible that 2021 is a bull market for cruise line stocks, even if the general market doesn't play along. I still rank the three stocks as Royal Caribbean first, Carnival second, and Norwegian Cruise Line third, but all three will outperform the overall market if the cruise industry recovers in the year ahead.  

• Like 1