RCL Stock

heidikay

Posted (edited)

Holding steady on all shares. Agree that the likely be another buying opportunity but I'm not sure if we'll be seeing low 80s again. Took a bit of heat in another thread for adding to my position a few months ago, supposedly I was going to get cleaned out. That didn't happen. 🙂

Edited by jstraw20
Missed word
  • Like 1

kicking myself for not buying more when I got my 100 shares for about $32 - hubby kept saying it's going go to in the teens. congrats everyone on the profits!

I currently have 490 shares that I purchased long after I sold a lot. Paid $70 twice of what I paid in the beginning. before the pandemic it went to $140 a share. I strongly think it will climb way up fast. Many what those OBC perks. Between my wife and me we have 700 shares in Carnival.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

MIAMI  June 15, 2021 – Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) (the “Company”) today announced that it has commenced a private offering of $650 million aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes due 2026 to be issued by the Company (the “Notes”).

The Company intends to use the proceeds from the sale of the Notes to fund the redemption in full of approximately $619.8 million aggregate principal amount of the 7.25% senior secured notes due 2025 issued by Silversea Cruise Finance Ltd. (including to pay call premiums, fees and expenses in connection with such redemption), and the remaining for general corporate purposes.

Nothing contained herein shall constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. The Notes are being offered only to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers in reliance on Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and outside the United States, only to certain non-U.S. investors pursuant to Regulation S. The Notes will not be registered under the Securities Act or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state laws.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000110465921081199/tm2119734d1_ex99-1.htm

A few excerpts from their 8-K filing yesterday:

Our average monthly cash burn rate for the first quarter of 2021 was approximately $300 million. 

We have begun certain limited operations and have announced additional cruise operations on 34 out of our 59 Global and Partner Brand ships commencing between June 2021 and August 2021, 12 homeporting from locations within the United States and 22 homeporting outside of the U.S. These cruise operations will have enhanced health and safety protocols, including vaccination protocols for our crew and guests, and are expected to initially sail with reduced guest occupancy and, in certain cases, modified itineraries. Our health and safety protocols comply with governments and health authorities and under the advice of the Healthy Sail Panel (“HSP”). The HSP was formed in June 2020 by us and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. and is composed of leading experts in relevant fields, including epidemiology, infectious diseases, public policy, applicable regulations, engineering and general health safety.

On May 5, 2021, the CDC released the next two framework phases for the Conditional Order and published technical instructions for cruise ship operators preparing to conduct simulated voyages in advance of commencing restricted passenger voyages under a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate. Subsequent to the publishing of these instructions, we have received provisional approval from the CDC for five of our Royal Caribbean International ships to begin simulated voyages, with the first simulated voyage scheduled for June.

In addition, pursuant to the technical instructions, in lieu of conducting a simulated voyage, cruise ships operators may attest that 95% of crew (excluding newly embarking crew in quarantine) are fully vaccinated and submit a vaccination plan and timeline to the CDC to limit cruise ship sailings to 95% of passengers who have been verified by the operator as fully vaccinated prior to sailing. We expect that certain of our ships will take advantage of this alternative. To date, we have received provisional approval for two ships in the Celebrity Cruises fleet to resume sailings from the U.S., with Celebrity Edge scheduled to be the first cruise ship of any brand to re-commence operations on June 26, 2021.

Inline XBRL Viewer (sec.gov)

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

A few excerpts from their 8-K filing yesterday:

We have begun certain limited operations and have announced additional cruise operations on 34 out of our 59 Global and Partner Brand ships commencing between June 2021 and August 2021, 12 homeporting from locations within the United States and 22 homeporting outside of the U.S. 

Would the 12 homeporting US locations cover all US locations?

Although it's been a nice run up since March 2020 collapse, and those that do that in & out stock play, the current financial fundamentals are bleak and it appears really doubtful the actual money-making revenue cruises will return (i.e., profits) at all in 2021.

The debt accumulated by the big 3 is massive and not the friendliest of rates.

The current debt raise, to pay off an earlier maturing one, had 'junk bond' headline status across the financial print and digital news.

Again, the current PPS of the big 3, when retain investors look at the 52-week High and Low, is mind blowing when one accounts (it's not factored in the H&L's) the increase share count from the past 15 months or the convertible debt exposure.  These stocks, when factored these two items, are price 'way above the 52-week High (or 2019 High, when they were 100% profitably revenue operating).

Just IMO.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

RCL (symbol) is trading is trading up in pre-opening ($87.60).  Analysts have upgraded the stock to $94 just now.  Unaffected by the junk bond offering or recent positive Covid cases. 

Agree.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm simply amazed at the valuations the big 3 are sustaining.  Then again, I'm a fundamentals guy (most of the time).  🙄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Agree.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm simply amazed at the valuations the big 3 are sustaining.  Then again, I'm a fundamentals guy (most of the time).  🙄

2 rounds of dilution (last year) + expensive loans and the stocks is trading as if RCL was bringing in money hand over fist. NCL and CCL are also trading at incredible growth expectations, which at this point is pure hype.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coldflame said:

2 rounds of dilution (last year) + expensive loans and the stocks is trading as if RCL was bringing in money hand over fist. NCL and CCL are also trading at incredible growth expectations, which at this point is pure hype.

When RCL was making money hand over fist, the stock hit an all time high on 1/17/2020 of $135.05 per share. Not quite there yet.

3 hours ago, coldflame said:

Yep, 20% dilution so far.

Much more debt to service @ higher rates.

14 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

When RCL was making money hand over fist, the stock hit an all time high on 1/17/2020 of $135.05 per share. Not quite there yet.

$108 when adjusted for actual dilution.  So, pretty close recently.

And they certainly aren't making money 'hand over fist like they certainly were in January 2020 and prior to.

The comment is that it is amazing that an essentially shut down public company is trading close to its all time highs 'while closed and burning hundreds of millions a month, with the forecast of little to no actual revenue sailings that are profitable this year, and a multiple of debt service.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

The comment is that it is amazing that an essentially shut down public company is trading close to its all time highs 'while closed and burning hundreds of millions a month, with the forecast of little to no actual revenue sailings that are profitable this year, and a multiple of debt service.

Quite amazing and difficult to explain.

RCCL will come back, IMHO. (Yes, we are shareholders)

1. We were smiling last night watching all the current videos on the Adventure of the Seas sailing out of Nassau.  Everyone genuinely excited to finally get back onboard. And just by looking at the number of "views"...there are lots of interested people.

2. I am hoping to get lucky again. Back in the day, many of my friends thought I was crazy buying Chrysler stocks...it was cheap, perhaps under $5/share at the time...bankruptcy looming in the horizon.  Then a guy named Lee Iaccoca took over the company.  The rest is history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Yep, 20% dilution so far.

Much more debt to service @ higher rates.

$108 when adjusted for actual dilution.  So, pretty close recently.

And they certainly aren't making money 'hand over fist like they certainly were in January 2020 and prior to.

If you would sell your shares now, could you get $108? Sounds like creative accounting.

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

If you would sell your shares now, could you get $108? Sounds like creative accounting.

I believe you missed my point.  I merely pointed out that with 20% dilution, to compare the current PPS compared to a prior HIGH PPS, on must account for the 20% dilution.

It's simple math that, with the # of shares 'now' outstanding, a PPS of $108 would be where it would match the highs of 2019-2020; pointing out that it is remarkably close to that level for a public company in an environment of almost complete shutdown.

👍

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Given revenue $0 for 18 months, 20% dilution, 650Million @ 7% credit liability, this stock should be trading around $30. The fact that it's hovering around $90 is a bit of a miracle, quite honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I believe you missed my point.  I merely pointed out that with 20% dilution, to compare the current PPS compared to a prior HIGH PPS, on must account for the 20% dilution.

It's simple math that, with the # of shares 'now' outstanding, a PPS of $108 would be where it would match the highs of 2019-2020; pointing out that it is remarkably close to that level for a public company in an environment of almost complete shutdown.

👍

You missed the question “Could you sell the stock today for $108?” If not, the rest is not pertanent.

I don't own any RCL but looking at the price which seems very overvalued I purchased an $89 put option for 7/2 when it was hovering around $95.  Looking pretty good and considering purchasing another longer term.  I don't see the value here without time to recover.

• 2 weeks later...

On June 24, 2021, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (the “Company”) completed its previously announced offering of $650,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 4.250% Senior Notes due 2026 (the “Notes”). The Company received net proceeds from the offering of approximately $640.6 million (after deducting fees, commissions and expenses), which it intends to use to fund the redemption in full of approximately $619.8 million aggregate principal amount of the 7.25% senior secured notes due 2025 issued by Silversea Cruise Finance Ltd. (including to pay call premiums, fees, accrued interest and expenses in connection with such redemption), and the remaining for general corporate purposes.

The Notes were issued by the Company pursuant to an indenture, dated June 24, 2021 (the “Indenture”), between the Company and The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A., as trustee, principal paying agent, transfer agent and registrar.

Interest on the Notes accrues from June 24, 2021 and is payable semi-annually in arrears on January 1 and July 1 of each year, beginning on January 1, 2022, at a rate of 4.250% per year. The Notes will mature on July 1, 2026 unless earlier redeemed or repurchased.

I remember the day I sold my 100 shares.  I had bought at @30 and it was at $60.  I doubled my money!  That was several years ago.  If only....and I almost got back in last year when I saw it drop so low (although, that was the first time I was able to "congratulate" myself for selling at $60.  haha).