Ecstasy/Jax vs Liberty/PC

Gaitorgirl

Hello all!  First time cruiser so apologies if this has been asked before. ( I searched, but couldn't really find much for my situation) 

We are a family of 5 (kids 15, 14, 12) and looking to book the Christmas Bahama-Freeport cruise Dec 24-28.  The options are Ecstasy out of Jacksonville, or Liberty out of Port Canaveral.  We will be driving from Ky, so it's only a few hours difference between the two.  How are the room sizes for a party of 5?  Right now we are looking at a suite so we won't be so cramped because we are big/tall. We also have a special needs daughter, so Just wanted to know if there were any positives/negatives of either the ships or the ports.  If you want to share any tips/tricks/opinions or advice I would appreciate that as well! 

Thanks so much! 

We have been on Ecstasy and going on it again next week.  Jacksonville is a super easy port to get in and out of.   We are booked for Liberty in Dec., so can't help yet with that ship, but PC is definitely more difficult to get in and out of due to so many cruises going out of there.  But, it's not bad.

As far as your booking, I'd recommend 2 cabins if possible.   2 bathrooms make a huge difference and having more space to put luggage and just chill is nice.  My kids are 11, 12, 13, and 17 with my 13 year old having special needs.   The one thing about Ecstasy that I love is it being a small ship.   It was very easy for my kids to get around on their own.  We book cabins that make it easy to get to and from the kid clubs and our next focus is near food options.  Also, when booking, we find sandwiching between cabin decks (usually 6 or 7) helps eliminate noise.  Hope someone can help regarding Liberty, but I do know a cruiser just posted a review of her trip recently. 

• Thanks 1