Booking an accessible cabin online

sweetp12

I have only ever booked through a personal cruise planner but this time wanted to book direct online using the Princess website.  We need an accessible cabin (we have sailed before and completed special needs profiles) but while it allow me to go through select a cabin when it comes to completing the booking it just says the cabin is unavailable and select another one.  However they don't give another one but the cabin is still showing as been able to be selected. 

I have tried to call but gave up after 30 min on hold and chat is offline.  I am thinking my issue is because we are trying to book an accessible cabin but hoping not.  I really want to be able to do it myself after our cruise planner let us down significantly in our last cruise - i would sooner be the reason for a mistake if one is made!

So key question - can you book an accessible cabin directly online or do I just go back to the planners???

We are in the UK so perhaps the web site is different. When booking a handicap cabin select your cruise and there is a tick box for this type of cabin , if you don't tick it then then only the available non handicap cabins show up. If you tick the box then only the handicap cabins show. If all have been taken then a note comes up saying so.

20 minutes ago, Thrak said:

To insure getting an accessible cabin - assuming there are any available - I'd call Princess and put up with the hold time .

and that way you just get a random rep who answers the phone - not a PVPlanner

20 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and that way you just get a random rep who answers the phone - not a PVPlanner

A PVP planner is still a call to Princess. I was just saying I wouldn't rely on trying to book an accessible cabin online. I use a good TA and would have him take care of it. We've booked an accessible cabin twice - when our son cruised with us. (Actually it was booked in his name and he paid for it but we took care of doing it.) He can't cruise in any other type of cabin so it was important to make sure that is the type of cabin that was booked.

13 hours ago, sweetp12 said:

I really want to be able to do it myself after our cruise planner let us down significantly in our last cruise - i would sooner be the reason for a mistake if one is made!

hence the reason to just call and get a random Princess rep

Just my 2c: call 1-800-Princess choose option '5' when 'speech' ends, you'll go on hold but immediately select '0'. Defaults to next support person on PVP line not a PVP. Significantly less hold time

11 hours ago, Ron the Rev said:

We are in the UK so perhaps the web site is different. When booking a handicap cabin select your cruise and there is a tick box for this type of cabin , if you don't tick it then then only the available non handicap cabins show up. If you tick the box then only the handicap cabins show. If all have been taken then a note comes up saying so.

Red part is the same except sometimes 'Guarantee Stateroom' shows