Panorama info needed

cruisingnewtoit

Hi all I am thinking about booking a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Panorama in 2021. I have never cruised on Carnival or to the MR.

Is Dec an ok time to go for snorkeling?  I am thinking about booking a spa Suite. How is the thermal suite?  Is deck 11 or 14 better?

Thanks for any information

16 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Hi all I am thinking about booking a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Panorama in 2021. I have never cruised on Carnival or to the MR.

Is Dec an ok time to go for snorkeling?  I am thinking about booking a spa Suite. How is the thermal suite?  Is deck 11 or 14 better?

I have never stayed in a spa/thermal suite, but in general, Deck 11 is closer to everything. Be careful though as there may be a lot of noise from Lido depending on location of suite.

That said, I can tell you that the Pacific Ocean is much colder than anything you may be used to on the Caribbean side. And very cold in December.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, amyotravel said:

I have never stayed in a spa/thermal suite, but in general, Deck 11 is closer to everything. Be careful though as there may be a lot of noise from Lido depending on location of suite.

That said, I can tell you that the Pacific Ocean is much colder than anything you may be used to on the Caribbean side. And very cold in December.

Thanks for the info. I will.pick a different time to go.

I'm not sure if I should pick a different suite cabin type and pay for a thermal suite pass. The other suites are on deck 7. 

7 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Thanks for the info. I will.pick a different time to go.

I'm not sure if I should pick a different suite cabin type and pay for a thermal suite pass. The other suites are on deck 7. 

If snorkeling is a must, it still is possible in December. But some people might say a wet suit is preferable in winter. I just wanted to advise you in general it is colder on that side than what many people are used to if they snorkel in the Caribbean. In winter especially.

I think it is whale watching season, though, so maybe that type of boat excursion instead?

Also, I believe some cruisers are disappointed in the thermal areas on the newer ships. Hopefully others will chime in.

Edited by amyotravel
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gopackgo21 said:

That side of Mexico isn't known for Snorkeling. My husband and I are avid snorkelers but choose to do other things on that itinerary. December is nice weather and whale season. 

Ohhh I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I love to watch seals hopefully I will see some of them.

We've gone in the winter. It's nice, a lot warmer than here in SoCal. Water is sorta cold, but decent. I wouldn't hesitate to go again in Nov-Jan. 

EDIT: First day or two and last two days might be cold! FYI!

Edited by klfhngr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ditto what klfhngr  said above about it going and coming. 

That said I have been on the itinerary 3 times at the tail end of the month of November into the first week of December. I have always found the temps to be comfortable (high 70's low to mid 80's) and the water temps to be in the mid to high 70's. 

• Like 2

I was on the panoramas inaugural cruise December 14th through the Mexican Riviera. We only really had a few days of nice sunny weather. Most time the water was pretty cold. I didn’t stay in a spa cabin  but we did have a balcony on deck 10 just right inside of the doors to the Lido deck. It was a fabulous location. But I did purchase the thermal suite spa package. I was totally disappointed with it. The pool in the thermal suite is just a large hot tub. You sit parallel in it and a siraight line with others. You sit on reclining metal bars that were not comfortable. Thermal chairs and steam rooms were great though. But I would not pay for the pass again. I only took 1 pictures because I wasn’t impressed with it. 

29B219DB-27C3-4CAC-B433-99A603FD62B8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, magictam said:

I was on the panoramas inaugural cruise December 14th through the Mexican Riviera. We only really had a few days of nice sunny weather. Most time the water was pretty cold. I didn’t stay in a spa cabin  but we did have a balcony on deck 10 just right inside of the doors to the Lido deck. It was a fabulous location. But I did purchase the thermal suite spa package. I was totally disappointed with it. The pool in the thermal suite is just a large hot tub. You sit parallel in it and a siraight line with others. You sit on reclining metal bars that were not comfortable. Thermal chairs and steam rooms were great though. But I would not pay for the pass again. I only took 1 pictures because I wasn’t impressed with it. imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

29B219DB-27C3-4CAC-B433-99A603FD62B8.jpeg

Maybe March to get some warmer weather? I need to make sure I stay away from spring break though.

I know I want to stay in the Havana section. Bummer on the hot tub. Thank you for the information & the picture.

2 hours ago, CAnative1 said:

That said I have been on the itinerary 3 times at the tail end of the month of November into the first week of December. I have always found the temps to be comfortable (high 70's low to mid 80's) and the water temps to be in the mid to high 70's. 

Agreed!

Oh, and my mother went on the Panorama in January. She stated that it was beautiful weather in Mexico, but cold the first two and last two days, as I stated before. She caught the flu and ended up in the hospital after the cruise! Not Corona though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

If you're primarily going to snorkel,  then go to Hawaii or the Caribbean. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CAnative1 said:

And for me those temps are not cold at all.  But I am from Canada where we really know what cold is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nissach said:

And for me those temps are not cold at all.  But I am from Canada where we really know what cold is.

I must be part Canadian because those temps are more than warm enough for me! 😋

I enjoy what would be considered "cold" weather around here (30's).

• Like 2

Anyone know if deck 14 forward has an outside sitting are like Horizon?  Thinking about booking one of the OV Spa on Deck 14 and wanted to see how “private” it would be or if it is a true walkway. 

• Like 1