⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

So sorry! Corvid19 is affecting so many things. John had 2  minor procedures delayed. One he was able to reschedule but not the other. Of course we understand & want medical facilities to be available for those who need them. 

Did you get home safe? How was your disembarkation.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I eat this every day.

Graham

15845628669521416284042955726575.jpg

Quaker has a factory in Cupar not far from me. A friend gets me the syrup one and I add some honey and granola. I have it most mornings. More healthy than a bacon roll I believe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

So sorry! Corvid19 is affecting so many things. John had 2  minor procedures delayed. One he was able to reschedule but not the other. Of course we understand & want medical facilities to be available for those who need them. 

Best wishes and hopefully John gets the procedures he needs.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emeraldcity said:

I loved the hotel. Thanks John for recommending it. 

You bad boy, you. Do you mean you snuck out of the hotel carrying that big stick with the key on it? Come to think of it, seems like a great weapon to beat off the pick pockets.

Dorothy

A lot of European hotels have those massive hotel key rings on them with the hotel name and room number on them.

I unhook the key from the keyring and leave the bulky keyring in the room when we go out of the hotel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emeraldcity said:

I loved the hotel. Thanks John for recommending it. 

You bad boy, you. Do you mean you snuck out of the hotel carrying that big stick with the key on it? Come to think of it, seems like a great weapon to beat off the pick pockets.

Dorothy

It was in my back pocket. I told the clerk that it looked like a vampire stake. 

I laughed

He laughed

The bat flew away...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

King John has been dethroned, and is now Prince John. 

I prefer Baron

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Bella has not been dethroned.

Pretty Princess 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

And will never be. So I say and so it shall be.

So it shall be written, so it shall be done

Ramses II

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Indeed I bet you are over run there!  Silver Springs river totally nuts with kayaking kids again today.  Really not too many places for them to go any longer...and they keep pushing off when they will go back to school.  

Noticed your post about being back again in October.  Assuming Allure 10/25?  Hope everything is back to normal by then, and hope we all make that cruise.   

October 2021 for the Harmony TA

Are these cancellations affecting your entry into Pinnacle Club

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A lot of European hotels have those massive hotel key rings on them with the hotel name and room number on them.

I unhook the key from the keyring and leave the bulky keyring in the room when we go out of the hotel.

Looked at it, seems you needed an allen wrench to do it, so no luck

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bigeck said:

Didn't realise that they were so big in NY. Trying to remember, think it was Barbara Hutton that ended up with the lot

They were the Walmart of the day.  F.W. Woolworth revolutionized the dry goods trade putting many local mom and pop stores out of business in the United States.

I actually worked as a porter while I was in high school in 80-82.

They had started Woolco which was a mini version of Walmart.  Walmart ate their lunch.  The holding company eventually shutdown Woolworth's and Woolco.  Over the years, they had acquired several other retail companies and decided to concentrate on them.

I think the UK and the Canada Woolworths were offshoots of the US company.  I think Australia still has Woolworth's but I don't think it ever had any corporate relationship with the US version. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

At least you will be going in a better direction.

I'm torn on that. 

I like going to Europe on a ship vs flying. No jet lag. I don't have an issue with jet lag flying east. 

However, you lose an hour every other day. I get it. 

Nice thing about this westbound TA, is it arrives back home. Well, if we're still here. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure it's to early.  Might try Palacete right up the street.

John, enjoying your review as always, thanks. Stay healthy, everyone.

Looking for recommendations for Barcelona, hopefully we'll have a cruise from there next year.

Why do you consider the Palacete now v. Continental? I've just checked on TripAdvisor, and Continental is rated higher than Palacete. But you've been "in place", so curious, thanks,

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Looking for recommendations for Barcelona, hopefully we'll have a cruise from there next year.

Why do you consider the Palacete now v. Continental? I've just checked on TripAdvisor, and Continental is rated higher than Palacete. But you've been "in place", so curious, thanks,

Same Hotel group, the Palacete is just up the Ramblas.  Not sure they have balconies, but I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would.

They do have a couple of big suites.  I was planning on checking it out Friday afternoon, but fate stepped in and I missed out.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm torn on that. 

I like going to Europe on a ship vs flying. No jet lag. I don't have an issue with jet lag flying east. 

However, you lose an hour every other day. I get it. 

Nice thing about this westbound TA, is it arrives back home. Well, if we're still here. 

You confused me with that statement. I have no issue with jet lag flying east, which is why I prefer westbound TA.  Last year we did our first eastbound TA , and i did not like the 23 hour days and the flight home. WE left AMS around 830 am , and arrived at ATL about 11 am.Took about 3 days before my sleep hours returned to normal.

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I have stayed at both.  Continental is right on the Las Ramblas.  While Palacete is a few blocks north of Placa De Catalunya (the plaza at the northern end of Las Ramblas).  They are very similar.  I imagine that Continental has more favorable reviews as it is right on Las Ramblas and maybe a bit more refine.  But I wouldn't hesitate staying at either.

Edited by gatour
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, gatour said:

But I wouldn't hesitate staying at either.

Thanks, appreciate the detailed answer.

I try to avoid Barcelona as much as possible, but, with my Apex cruise being cancelled, I was looking to apply my FCC to another Apex cruise, and the only one that "qualified" was out of Barcelona.

Oh, well, a visit to La Boqueria market will take care of that...😁

Edited by dani negreanu

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You keep alluding to something  that you keep no explaining.

Laura is keen on looking into a 55+ community. Kind of what I've been doing today.

At one point I was trying to figure out if we could do that and keep this place. That doesn't look possible.😥

She was asking about this well before the cold shoulder we received on our return.

My biggest problem is we just did a massive decorative remodel just over a year ago. 

It's beautiful, but probably didn't add much in the way of a ROI

Bella may like having a yard again

IMG_20160204_150913.thumb.jpg.1496cbf438b748c0600553a141593c58.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, appreciate the detailed answer.

I try to avoid Barcelona as much as possible, but, with my Apex cruise being cancelled, I was looking to apply my FCC to another Apex cruise, and the only one that "qualified" was out of Barcelona.

Oh, well, a visit to La Boqueria market will take care of that...😁

I so wanted to go there, it was just a block or two south

Truthfully the Continental is lovely, I'm just the type that likes to try new things

And then share with you good people

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

You confused me with that statement. I have no issue with jet lag flying east, which is why I prefer westbound TA.  Last year we did our first eastbound TA , and i did not like the 23 hour days and the flight home. WE left AMS around 830 am , and arrived at ATL about 11 am.Took about 3 days before my sleep hours returned to normal.

That's easy, I don't sleep on the plane in either direction. 😉

Eastbound flights tend to leave at night and arrive in the morning. So when I arrive in Europe I'm a zombie, or will be once I get settled in. Now I've lost the whole day.

If I arrive on the continent refreshed from a cruise, I'm ready to do stuff. That is, if my travel companions are willing.

And the flights home leave Europe in the morning, and arrive at my destination in the early/late afternoon. It's a long day, but I'm ready for bed, and acclimate very well the next day.

• Like 5