Itinerary change for the 2020 GWV

22 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So if Mumbai is added, how are visas handled? Isn’t India one of the harder visas to get?

I think it is a little easier to get the visa than it once was.  I think you can get them at some airports- not sure about cruises.  Of course, I have a ten year visa in my old passport at home.🤨

A follow-up letter tonight from Capt. Jonathan saying that if you make independent travel arrangements to Indonesia and/or Singapore, you will not be allowed to return to the ship.

I suspect that HAL is trying to protect our who had Asia. Our stop in Tonga today was only approved by the government last night; the last four cruise ships were denied stopping. (Interesting articled in the local paper online this morning, and some shop owners were not pleased that we stopped.)

Obviously a lot more info to come, as Singapore was a segment end/beginning.

Sorry to hear about your itinerary changes, but better safe than sorry.

This virus and it's news is developing constantly so you may well find that your itinerary has to change again.  

I'm sorry about the upheaval in your plans, as I know they took a long time to create. 

I am also very sorry that the crew won't be stopping in Indonesia, as they means plans to meet with family and friends for so many of them are now out. What a disappointment. 

2 hours ago, kazu said:

This virus and it's news is developing constantly so you may well find that your itinerary has to change again.  

As Jacqui says, I wouldn't expect this to be the final version as things are changing by the hour it seems. 😒

I'm supposed to be on the segment from Singapore to Cape Town. Waiting to hear what is up.  2 years of research and planning safaris etc. Already changed my flight weeks ago to go direct to Singapore instead of transiting thru Hong Kong when they started denying boarding to those having been there.

1 minute ago, scubadawg said:

I'm supposed to be on the segment from Singapore to Cape Town. Waiting to hear what is up.  2 years of research and planning safaris etc. Already changed my flight weeks ago to go direct to Singapore instead of transiting thru Hong Kong when they started denying boarding to those having been there.

Thoughts with you, scubadawg.  I hope things can be salvaged for you in an okay way.  

12 hours ago, Scrapnana said:

I think it is a little easier to get the visa than it once was.  I think you can get them at some airports- not sure about cruises.  Of course, I have a ten year visa in my old passport at home.🤨

By some miracle, I actually stuffed my old passport with India visa in my carryon at the last minute, in a just in case effort.

1 hour ago, scubadawg said:

I know how disappointing this is 😞. Nothing worse than being in limbo and potentially  losing well thought out plans.  

I hope things work out for you.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Lots of betting going on here as to how many itinerary changes there will be, as no one thinks this will be the last. Some are putting their money on 10! (seems excessive to me).

We'll just go with the flow. I for one don't mind the seven sea days in a row.