Grand Classica dry dock

Mega yachts that are to be there for service and repair can go over 500 ft. There are many Cruise companies that own Cruise ships around 500ft that are real nice with about 200 passengers. So they could dock their. But it will not happen. Fort Pierce cannot even get a contract right no less pick the best company for the job.

23 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Mega yachts that are to be there for service and repair can go over 500 ft. There are many Cruise companies that own Cruise ships around 500ft that are real nice with about 200 passengers. So they could dock their. But it will not happen. Fort Pierce cannot even get a contract right no less pick the best company for the job.

I never knew that mega yachts could be serviced or repaired there.  During the times that I was a visitor, I don't recall seeing anything of such a size at the Port.  

Thanks for the information.  I appreciate it.  I like Fort Pierce a lot.  If I were to move to Florida, Fort Pierce would be high on the list to consider.  With my friend (who has now passed) we visited a new condo development where she was living and I seriously considered making an offer.  

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

If I were to move to Florida, Fort Pierce would be high on the list to consider.

My wife and I moved up to the Treasure Coast from Broward County about five years ago after we both retired.

We haven't looked back since.  👍

7 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

My wife and I moved up to the Treasure Coast from Broward County about five years ago after we both retired.

We haven't looked back since.  👍

Lucky you guys. I’m stuck in Palm Beach County🤬

1 hour ago, pinkie60 said:

Lucky you guys. I’m stuck in Palm Beach County🤬

Come on up, plenty of room!

The only time I get to Palm beach County now is when we are driving though to get to Port Everglades or Port Miami. 🚢

Yup about the same. However, do not go to Miami any more. The traffic!

Living in Port Saint Lucie now for 29 years. This year will be 30. Never gonna move. Now my Son and my Daughter live here also. One happy family. We moved from Buffalo N.Y in 1972 to Plantation Florida. Just west of Fort Lauderdale. Back then our roads were stone and dirt. Now my old home is so expensive I could not afford to repurchase it. Our back yard lies on a small lake. To our North east is nothing for about a block. All grass cut by the city. No home will ever get built on that area. A beautiful city, but growing too fast like many cities are. We will be here till our time comes. The drive to Port Canaveral is so short and relaxing. No a lot of traffic ever. What we like about Port Saint Lucie is the weather. Most of the time a few degrees cooler than Ft. Lauderdale and a few degrees warmer than Port Canaveral. Housing is still very inexpensive. Welcome to our beautiful city. We also have a great mayor.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Yup about the same. However, do not go to Miami any more. The traffic!

Living in Port Saint Lucie now for 29 years. This year will be 30. Never gonna move. Now my Son and my Daughter live here also. One happy family. We moved from Buffalo N.Y in 1972 to Plantation Florida. Just west of Fort Lauderdale. Back then our roads were stone and dirt. Now my old home is so expensive I could not afford to repurchase it. Our back yard lies on a small lake. To our North east is nothing for about a block. All grass cut by the city. No home will ever get built on that area. A beautiful city, but growing too fast like many cities are. We will be here till our time comes. The drive to Port Canaveral is so short and relaxing. No a lot of traffic ever. What we like about Port Saint Lucie is the weather. Most of the time a few degrees cooler than Ft. Lauderdale and a few degrees warmer than Port Canaveral. Housing is still very inexpensive. Welcome to our beautiful city. We also have a great mayor.

Do you live East or West of I-95?  For whatever reason, I have found--and my friend has told me--there is a difference in weather, particularly temperature, at times.

Such is true where I live.  I-70 is several miles North of where I live.  The weather on either side of the Interstate can be quite different at times.  

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Do you live East or West of I-95?  For whatever reason, I have found--and my friend has told me--there is a difference in weather, particularly temperature, at times.

Such is true where I live.  I-70 is several miles North of where I live.  The weather on either side of the Interstate can be quite different at times.  

The further inland you go anywhere in Florida it will be warmer. No Ocean breeze to help cool off the day. That is why central Florida is so very hot most of the time. They Keys stay cool because of the ocean breeze totally unblocked.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Valued Travel Professional:

Cruise Schedule Update
Today we announced new details surrounding the resumption of our sailing operations. We had been planning our anticipated return to sea for October; however, as we continue to monitor the situation surrounding COVID-19 and communicate with the Bahamian government on their plans to allow leisure guests to return, we have determined that a further extension is in the best interest of our guests and crew. At this time, we plan to resume operations for November 4, 2020 onboard Grand Celebration and March 3, 2021, onboard Grand Classica.

Since the outbreak of COVID-19, we have remained one of the few cruise lines that reported no cases of the virus onboard our ships. We have also followed all guidelines, including adhering to strict requirements for onboard crew members, and installed the highest safety protocols in the industry across our fleet. While it is disappointing that we are unable to sail as planned, we believe this decision will ensure the health and safety of our guests and crew. We will continue to work closely with the CDC, as well as the World Health Organization, as we prepare to return to Grand Bahama Island and Nassau.

This is incredibly disappointing for all our valued guests, travel advisors and the entire Bahamas Paradise team, but the decision was made after very careful consideration of all factors, and we believe this is in everyone’s best interest. We look forward to welcoming you back onboard and appreciate everyone’s patience throughout this process.

Future Cruise Credit
As a result of this, we have provided guests affected by these further cruise suspensions, with an automatic Future Cruise Credit of 125% of the cruise ticket price paid. This can be used for any future sailing with us valid up until December 31st, 2021.

Furthermore, any promotional offer, pre-purchased amenity or package will be automatically price protected and can be used alongside their future sailing.

The Future Cruise Credit will be automatically updated in our system, so there is nothing more for you to do other than plan their next cruise, and when they are ready, call us to transfer the booking over.

Remember, our completely flexible "Sail with Ease" policy will still apply for any future booking made using the Future Cruise Credit. Namely, that if your clients wish to change the booking, right up to the day before departure, they may do so and transfer it to another cruise date.

Cancel Cruise Refund Option
Due to the fluidity of the current situation we are encouraging guests to take their time and use the extra credit to come back and sail with us on a future date.

If they opt to take a refund, then they will only be entitled to 100% of the cruise or cruise and stay fare paid, plus taxes, fees and charges and any amenity or package you may have pre- paid. We will of course be happy to process that for you. Please call our Customer Service Team at (800) 374-4363. You can expect to receive a refund 90 days after advising us of your wish to cancel.

All of us here at Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented times and we look forward to welcoming you back onboard very soon.

Sincerely,
Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Team
Customer Service (800) 374-4363
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be surprised if Grand Classica ever returns. It's been "away" for long before the covid-19 pandemic hit and it's now not returning until March. If you look at the pricing on Grand Classica for 2-nt cruises, it's not even competitive. It's like they're trying to discourage anyone booking on her.

BobK/Orlando

21 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I'd be surprised if Grand Classica ever returns. It's been "away" for long before the covid-19 pandemic hit and it's now not returning until March. If you look at the pricing on Grand Classica for 2-nt cruises, it's not even competitive. It's like they're trying to discourage anyone booking on her.

BobK/Orlando

their both listed for sale too on 2 different sites i saw

Edited by roeco9084
3 hours ago, roeco9084 said:

their both listed for sale too on 2 different sites i saw

That means little.  Many older ships are listed for sale for quite some time before a buyer is found.  Many of those ships continue to sail until either sold or withdrawn from service.  

If they do not lower the price a lot. They will need to sell those ships. $139.00 to Nassau is the right price. $129.00 for an Ocean view to Free Port is the right price. Even though you can get 3 and 4 night at a lower price on other cruise lines. So many right now to choose form at a crazy low price.

4 hours ago, toad455 said:

The Carnival Ecstasy is up for sale. Maybe BPCL buys the Ecstasy and dumps the Classica?

I had thought of why they wouldnt of bought the Fascination  But then I realized her size and Im pretty sure  wont fit into Palm Beach.