Havana Balcony just not an option for 3 Adults?

Rosequin

Howdy everyone

I'm going to be cruising on the Panorama in November with 2 other adults. This is my first time cruising with Carnival and I'm really interested in booking a Havana cabin, but it looks like our only option is either an interior (no thanks) or suite (prohibitively expensive). I tried calling Carnival but couldn't really get a straight answer on whether or not there are any 3 person occupancy balcony rooms, but I did get put on some kind of notification list if one becomes available (?).  Right now we're booked in an ocean suite which still looks really nice, I'm sure it will be great.

Anyone else ever run into this?

It looks like 5227 & 5228 are Havana Cabana balconies that can sleep 3 and 5235 & 5236 are Havana Cabana suites that can sleep 3. I’m guessing since they’re so few Havana cabins that sleep more than 2, they sell out fast. Grand suites also have access to the Havana area.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

We had an aft Havana cabin on the Panorama and it only had a chair, not a couch.  Storage space was also limited and the cabin seemed very small overall for the price point.  I really wasn't that impressed with the cabin itself.  I did love the balcony and luckily, the weather was nice enough to sit out there most of the time.  I wouldn't book the room again.

49 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

We had an aft Havana cabin on the Panorama and it only had a chair, not a couch.  Storage space was also limited and the cabin seemed very small overall for the price point.  I really wasn't that impressed with the cabin itself.  I did love the balcony and luckily, the weather was nice enough to sit out there most of the time.  I wouldn't book the room again.

do you think that the havana area was worth it? Im trying to decide if its worth moving around our whole booking for it. I generally avoid the chaos of the lido deck pool area so a less crowded area seems nice but not a deal breaker for us

Hey Rosequin!  If you're looking for a less crowded area for sunning/pool time/hot tub, the Havana area was definitely less crowded.  Sitting on our aft balcony, we looked directly down on the area and it was never very crowded.  There are also buzzers that you can use to call a server over, I think a first for Carnival.  It doesn't exempt you from noisy, drunk people if they are around however 🙂  There is quite a lot of outdoor seating all around the ship, especially on the lanai deck, but it is not pool side.  I don't want to give the impression I didn't like the ship, I thought it was great.  I really liked the décor, all over.  I just thought our cabin was tiny, only 3 small drawers for storage, the bathroom was functional, but still came with the dreaded shower curtain, I just didn't care for the cabin, but I liked pretty much everything else about the ship.

4 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

It looks like 5227 & 5228 are Havana Cabana balconies that can sleep 3 and 5235 & 5236 are Havana Cabana suites that can sleep 3. I’m guessing since they’re so few Havana cabins that sleep more than 2, they sell out fast. Grand suites also have access to the Havana area.

Curious what site or where you got that info. I regularly scour goccl and have never seen any documents that include this info. Are you using a 3rd party site?

27 minutes ago, five. said:

Curious what site or where you got that info. I regularly scour goccl and have never seen any documents that include this info. Are you using a 3rd party site?

Here is the Carnival Panorama Deck Plan. It tells you what kind of stateroom is for each cabin.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/PO/DeckPlans/carnival-panorama-deck-plan-pdf

5235/5236: 2 Twin Beds (Convert to King) and Double Sofa Bed

5227/5228: 2 Twin Beds (Convert to King) and Single Sofa Bed

5201: 2 Twin Beds (Convert to King), Single Sofa Bed and 1 Upper Pullman

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rosequin said:

Howdy everyone

I'm going to be cruising on the Panorama in November with 2 other adults. This is my first time cruising with Carnival and I'm really interested in booking a Havana cabin, but it looks like our only option is either an interior (no thanks) or suite (prohibitively expensive). I tried calling Carnival but couldn't really get a straight answer on whether or not there are any 3 person occupancy balcony rooms, but I did get put on some kind of notification list if one becomes available (?).  Right now we're booked in an ocean suite which still looks really nice, I'm sure it will be great.

Anyone else ever run into this?

We just cruised on the Panorama and had an ocean suite.  Considering you have three adults in your party, if you can afford the ocean suite, I'd definitely keep it.  The extra space is great, it has more storage/closets, a larger bathroom and overall you just don't feel as cramped.  It's definitely not as large as most of the suites on other cruise lines and the extra benefits are fewer, but Carnival's suite are also significantly less costly than other lines suites.  You won't be disappointed with an ocean suite.  

13 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Here is the Carnival Panorama Deck Plan. It tells you what kind of stateroom is for each cabin.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/PO/DeckPlans/carnival-panorama-deck-plan-pdf

Oh ok, yea that info is on goccl as well. I was looking for something that stated numbers, but it looks like deduction will have to do.

• 1 month later...
On 2/29/2020 at 5:39 AM, five. said:

Oh ok, yea that info is on goccl as well. I was looking for something that stated numbers, but it looks like deduction will have to do.

Here is the specific info you were looking for hopefully the link works. If not I will try a screen shot. It is on the Carnival site and gives the actual stateroom numbers for all of the Havana cabins. https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5144/~/carnival-panorama-(po)-havana-experience-and-staterooms

3 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

Here is the specific info you were looking for hopefully the link works. If not I will try a screen shot. It is on the Carnival site and gives the actual stateroom numbers for all of the Havana cabins. https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5144/~/carnival-panorama-(po)-havana-experience-and-staterooms

How did you find this?

We booked over a year in advance for vista and 2 years in advance for Mardi gras to get the Havana interior rooms that would fit 3 or 4 people. I nagged my friends to book right away as they were the last rooms for those two cruises left.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, THIS IS US! said:

Here is the specific info you were looking for hopefully the link works. If not I will try a screen shot. It is on the Carnival site and gives the actual stateroom numbers for all of the Havana cabins.

What I was looking for was something that stated number of passengers per cabin. I still haven't been able to find that.

A quick way to know that 5227, 5228, 5235 & 5236 sleep 3 for example.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:25 PM, crusinpsychRN said:

How did you find this?

The way that I typically navigate goccl is one of two ways:

1) Go to google and search whatever I want + site:goccl.com Example search

2) Start here and click around: https://help.goccl.com/app/home

(Besides itineraries, if you find the Staterooms and Ship Features for your ship, it acts like an index of all the info for a given ship)

You can look on the ship map right here on cruise critic or go to Carnival. There are not that many cabins and they are located on decks 5-9. I have compiled a list below of Havana cabanas that can have more than 2 pax.  Hopefully all will pay it forward and do a solid for someone in the future. Cruise on with happiness everyone and enjoy.

(HS) Havana Cabana Suite 2 cabins max pax 4 5235,5236

(HE) Havana Cabana (Balcony)  1 cabin max pax 4 5201 & 2 cabins max pax 3 5227,5208

(HA) Havana Interior (Inside) 1 cabin 3 max pax

5222 & 1 cabin 4 pax max 5221

If you find other information than what is posted on the map located on carnival.com that would be wonderful to share. I went strictly off the map. There are a few CC members that have stayed in multiple cabins that may also be able to weigh in. 

On 2/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, CruisingFromLA said:

The image is microscopic. I can't see anything on it.

4 minutes ago, crusinpsychRN said:

The image is microscopic. I can't see anything on it.

On the MAC you can increase the size by using your command and plus keys. On a desktop you can go to the display settings and enlarge. On a iphone you take two fingers and place on screen and spread the image out. I hope this helps! BTW I also sailed the Tropicale years ago. 😃 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

Don't ALL balcony rooms fit 3 people with one sleeping on the sofa?

No. if you look at deck plans there are usually a limited number designated for 3 people. We are a family of 3 and I am picky about my cabin type. I have to typically keep looking at different dates till I find an opening for what I want.

5 hours ago, mslhb said:

No. if you look at deck plans there are usually a limited number designated for 3 people. We are a family of 3 and I am picky about my cabin type. I have to typically keep looking at different dates till I find an opening for what I want.

Wait. So there are balcony cabins without the sofa?