Military benefit on Royal Caribbean?

US: Rare in past, last few yrs offered more. Have to watch prices often, Booked 6 Cruises last 3yrs with Military Discounts. Usually offered closer to Sailing but scored couple 6+ months out. Most I found after Cruise was booked, receiving Discount then. Got $600+ on one, $400+ on another, usually amounts to less though

Edited by ONECRUISER

I got almost $700 per Grand Suite cabins for Symphony of the seas in May this year. Just booked while on Anthem last month. The Next Cruise desk staff was shocked at how high the discount was (and me too! ). Saved me $1400!

I received $200 off a Central Park view cabin a few years ago for the kids.

They do have them, just so random and for random amounts.

47 minutes ago, Agutaya said:

Does anyone know of a way to search for which cruises offer military discounts?  The old website allowed an advanced search for them. 

Search like all the other discounts- link on the page that has the number of passengers. The old search was removed as a site “enhancement “. 

Our TA's website allows us to input any categories that apply to us -- military, age, state of residence, past cruiser -- and when we look up a cruise it will automatically give the best price, and indicate what that is based on.  It has been military discount a number of times for our RC cruises.

3 hours ago, Agutaya said:

Does anyone know of a way to search for which cruises offer military discounts?  The old website allowed an advanced search for them. 

No, you have to go into every cruise and check it out. It is now much more cumbersome.

Yes, we received one on the our last 3 cruises. When you do a booking online, the page after you state how many cabins you need, the next page asks if you are eligible for any discounts.  There you check your state and if you are military or police, etc. When you get to final booking page, it will show if there is a military discount available.  As well on our Harmony cruise in May, we caught 3 price drops.  (This is in US, not sure about other countries, FYI) Best of luck to you!