Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
JayneHL

Suite shampoo, conditioner & body lotion?

Is it possible as an emerald level crown and anchor member to request the suite level shampoo, conditioner and body lotion if we are  residing in a balcony state room? Will this request be fulfilled?

You can always ask but don't be surprised if they can't do it.  Otherwise, everyone would be asking.  They're not that great anyway.

3 minutes ago, JayneHL said:

Is it possible as an emerald level crown and anchor member to request the suite level shampoo, conditioner and body lotion if we are  residing in a balcony state room? Will this request be fulfilled?

Yes. Unlikely.

12 minutes ago, JayneHL said:

If I were you, I would ask for just the soap.  Better chance of getting that, IMO.  And I waaaaaaay prefer my own shampoo (don't use conditioner) and moisturizer.

We couldn't get the upgraded toiletries last week on Allure as Pinnacles! They said because we were only in a balcony. This week we moved to a junior suite (on Allure) and got the upgraded ones. 😏

Something I've never really noticed a difference on - did a JS last Summer, does it smell better than the rest?

On Oasis and Quantum class the suites get decent amenities (L'Occitane).  On other ships the suite amenities are nothing to pine over.

However unless you have a long term relationship with a cabin attendant your chances of getting either are pretty low if you are not in a suite.

D+ over 340 are supposed to get them but I often missed out on the "upgraded amenities".  I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same stuff in the shower dispenser.  No problem, I bring my own.  

Edited by twangster

It's not what C&A level you are at . Try this $ it works every time :classic_rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Hogbay said:

Try this $ it works every time :classic_rolleyes:

So, essentially, buy over priced toiletries from your attendant?

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, essentially, buy over priced toiletries from your attendant?

Well sort of , but I think it as buying a big bag of rice in a third word country 🙂👍

2 hours ago, JayneHL said:

You can ask but unless you slip in some $$$ I would doubt you would get them. Your C&A status is not very high so you won't get them because of that. 

Take your own. Suite level shampoo, conditioner and body lotion isn't really all that good. 

And those white tubes...they insist it's an upgrade.  

If you look hard enough, the tubes says "Made in PRC"...........a few ignore it or simply don't know it. 

PRC = People's Republic of China.

Why not just say China?

Will you continue to use those white tubes?

I always pack my toiletries.  I do not like the multi purpose stuff in shower dispenser and dealing with small bottles of shampoo etc is annoying.  I heard cruise ships are trying to do away with them like a lot of hotel chains have and are doing.