Emerald Princess returned to San Pedro

esper10

5 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Something to watch:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/02/28/cruise-ship-passengers-hospital-injuries/

2 "injured" &  2 with an "illness" taken away in 4 separate ambulances.   

Yes, this is what I saw also in the news I wonder what happened. I’m we will know more by morning

• Like 1

1 minute ago, esper10 said:

Yes, this is what I saw also in the news I wonder what happened. I’m we will know more by morning

Sure, but there's a difference to me.... these days especially... between 4 "injured" and 2 "injured" + 2 with an "illness".

Curious to see if everyone disembarks tomorrow.   

Prayers to those sick and injured.

6 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Sure, but there's a difference to me.... these days especially... between 4 "injured" and 2 "injured" + 2 with an "illness".

agree with you. This is why I’m asking. We are booked with same ship to Hawaii also. While it’s few weeks away it matters. I pray for every one well being

6 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

I'm currently onboard the Emerald. Baggage has been collected per usual. No information has been given regarding the nature of the medical emergencies. In fact as far as we knew there was only one person ill.  I was surprised to read here that were 4 people taken off.  That said I fully expect we will disembark as normal tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

Something to watch:

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/02/28/cruise-ship-passengers-hospital-injuries/

2 "injured" &  2 with an "illness" taken away in 4 separate ambulances.   

I wouldn't make too much of the separate ambulances.  It is done, but not recommended to take more than one patient in an EMS vehicle, and especially if the the patients are not related, or not from the same incident, they won't do this.

• Thanks 1

I am currently waiting along with all the other passengers to board onto the Emerald.  They are being Mum about what happened.  All I know is, I've never seen such a bad check in for a Princess cruise.  So far, we are up to #18 for people to board, but the thing is ... no numbers have been called yet ... and the area for all the passengers to be in, is now packed to capacity. People who are mobile, are sitting on the floor, or standing.  So not sure what is happening with not even the 1st group being called.  Very bizzare. It's currently 16h00 - which is when the ship was supposed to depart. 

We had a check in time of 13h30, but for some reason Princess when we arrived, said it made no difference.

They just asked Group #1 to board ... 16h01!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lolly Pop said:

I am currently waiting along with all the other passengers to board onto the Emerald.  They are being Mum about what happened.  All I know is, I've never seen such a bad check in for a Princess cruise.  So far, we are up to #18 for people to board, but the thing is ... no numbers have been called yet ... and the area for all the passengers to be in, is now packed to capacity. People who are mobile, are sitting on the floor, or standing.  So not sure what is happening with not even the 1st group being called.  Very bizzare. It's currently 16h00 - which is when the ship was supposed to depart. 

We had a check in time of 13h30, but for some reason Princess when we arrived, said it made no difference.

They just asked Group #1 to board ... 16h01!!!!

Hope you all have great time. Once you all be in the fun will begin. We are booked on this ship to Hawaii end of April hope all will work out. I’m cruising with my mom she is at an older age and she already telling me she is scared and I don’t what to hear none of this as we all look forward to our cruise especially if we book long time out to ports we never been. You all have great time

One of the Australian passengers that tested positive has passed away. They had been amongst the evacuees that were flown to Darwin, and had returned back to Perth a week and a half ago:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/australia-records-first-coronavirus-fatality-as-man-dies-in-perth-hospital-20200301-p545r1.html

We disembarked the Emerald, after a wonderful 28 day cruise, yesterday. We were informed a couple of days ago by Captain Steven Lewis that we would be speeding up our return to San Pedro due to a dire medical emergency, hence the early arrival. Additionally, there were hearsay reports of a passenger falling in their bathtub and fracturing his/her hip.

There was no widespread illness aboard although the medical office was quite busy with various maladies as unfortunately fairly common on a long cruise with many elderly folks.

I can understand the media attention but the Emerald did not have any of the dreaded cruise afflictions that has everyone's attention these days - let's all be clear about that.

The long delays in disembarking and embarking on the next cruise were the result of Customs personnel simply being overwhelmed by two large ships at the same time. Hats off to the polite and efficient Customs personnel for handling the situation as good as they did.

I'll end with best wishes for the passengers who required medical attention, for there but for the grace of God go all of us.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, ivanp91 said:

One of the Australian passengers that tested positive has passed away. They had been amongst the evacuees that were flown to Darwin, and had returned back to Perth a week and a half ago:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/australia-records-first-coronavirus-fatality-as-man-dies-in-perth-hospital-20200301-p545r1.html

What the heck does this have to do with the topic of this thread??????

Sorry to hear, but this is just unnecessary scaremongering!

• Like 5

My experience is similar to that is loge23's 

We are just home from the Emerald Princess.
The Captain made a PA on Thursday around 5pm, advising us we had picked up speed and that we would would now arrive into Los Angeles at approx. 8pm Friday evening as a passenger (just one, as far as we were aware) needed medical attention. He only said that their condition did not make them suitable to be evacuated whilst at sea, but not what was wrong with them. We were also advised in that PA that the port could not handle our disembarkation until the next morning as scheduled. I did not not hear any complaints from other passengers, I think everyone understood the reasons. 
Disembarkation took place Saturday morning as planned, with no issues (we disembarked on time at 8.35am) 

• Thanks 1

Because of patient confidentiality they will never announce the exact reason or even the exact number of pax needed to get to the hospital ASAP.   It not only is confidentiality but also not to alarm the rest of the pax.  I once saw a man on the deck just above the lido lying on the floor.  Emergency medical arrived and quickly crew members put up a shield using beach towels around the operation so that the view was blocked.  They brought up a gurney and hauled him down to deck 4 most likely but kept him covered up.  They really do not need a bunch of gawkers. 

• Like 2