Pearl Tips, Tricks, & Faves

bjcruiser

3 hours ago, DuckTollerFans said:

We're booked on the Pearl for this May.  On these boards, there seems to be FAR less info about the Pearl than many other ships.  We've sailed on the Gem, so I'm figuring the differences are minimal.   I'm curious to hear how people respond to your post!

Sailed on both the Pearl and Gem and they are very similar.  Love them both.   Only noticeable difference to me was the decor/artwork

There may have been a slight difference in the thermal suite...i think one had the cold plunge pool in the ladies locker room and one did not.

3 hours ago, bjcruiser said:

Hello everyone,

We are booked on the Pearl for Jan. 2021. Tell me everything about the Pearl. 

Bobbie

Great ship..Loved the Great Outdoors (outdoor seating area with a bar and burgers/hot dogs). It was fun to attend events in the Spinnaker Lounge (for instance Not so Newlywed Game, different dance classes)   On that ship our favorite complimentary restaurant was Lotus Garden and our favorite specialty restaurant was Teppanyaki (fun time)  Really enjoyed the shows in the Stardust Theatre...was always able to get a good seat without any advanced planning.   The Thermal Suite was very relaxing.  

Enjoy your cruise! 

We dont pay for speciality restaurants. Some days after sailing in the Gem, found out the asian restaurant in the middle of the ship was complimentary. It looks like a speciality restaurant but its like the main dining rooms, but with better food.

Access stardust in the lower level to get the better seats, go early.

Cant think of other ship specific tips.

I guess the Pearl is the same, we will sail in her next May.

I was on the Pearl in July of 2017. I love it.

There's a gorgeous Chihuly artwork in the main lobby - I could look at that for hours, it always brightened my day when I walked by.  Spinnaker Lounge has some wonderful couches and recliners facing forward, so it's lovely for reading and watching the water.

No waterslides by the pools, which means it's much better for relaxation and actual swimming (although the water was so cold, that only my dear partner and one other person were swimming in the alaskan waters!)