Suggestions with booking on Deck 6 on an Oasis Class

DJLDRUMS

We're looking for pros and cons for booking on Deck 6 on Oasis Class ships for two adults where a lot of the activity is on that deck and most likely a high noise level.

If its NOT advisable how about deck 7 or 8. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

I generally try to book decks 6,7 or 8.  Closer to the promenade, central park and boardwalk.  I'm not a lay in the sun all day pool deck kind of person so being close to the pool deck isn't important to me.  

The only gotcha with deck 7 that I've experienced is the split elevator lobby aft.  You can't go from port to starboard so if you get in the wrong elevator you can find yourself on the wrong side of the ship.  All other decks don't have this design.   

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 1

We love deck 8 and being able to walk right out to Central Park.  We also love the hump cabins. The cabin is the same size but the balcony is bigger and they are right in the middle of the ship; very convenient!

• Like 1

I have stayed on deck 6 and liked it a lot. Convenient to the Vitality Spa to get morning OJ. Easy to get to Boardwalk, Central Park, and Royal Promenade. Never had any noise issues. Deck 7 and 8 are fine, too.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hump balconies on Oasis are huge

How about the size of the hump cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships? Are they the same size as those not on the hump? Example would be Cat.2D's. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

21 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

How about the size of the hump cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships? Are they the same size as those not on the hump? Example would be Cat.2D's. Thanks in advance to those who reply.

All those cabins are pretty much the same. The hallway bows out to create the hump

• Like 1

Hump cabins on Oasis class are a separate category - Ocean View with Large Balcony I believe, and typically cost more than a regular Ocean View cabin.  In fact we found a few cruises where the Ocean View with Large Balcony was the same as, and in one case more than, a Junior Suite (which we booked).

Our favorite on this class is deck 8 but have stayed on 7 which was nice as long as you remember you can't cross over between port and starboard aft.

On 2/29/2020 at 7:16 PM, tanderine said:

We love deck 8 and being able to walk right out to Central Park.  We also love the hump cabins. The cabin is the same size but the balcony is bigger and they are right in the middle of the ship; very convenient!

Just got back from stateroom 8188 (port-side, mid-ship, class 1D, Oceanview Balcony). We booked it somewhat blindly, this being our first cruise, and were thrilled.  Very easy to Central Park, which I loved. You can grab a quick cup of coffee at the Cafe, which was the only place on the whole ship that had paper to-go cups. Room was totally quiet. I don't know what a "hump" cabin is. I noticed the balcony immediately to the left (aft) of ours bumped out a bit, so I assumed they paid extra for the Oceanview with Larger Balcony. Bit of a hike to the Windjammer or pool but I was prepared for that on a cruise ship of this size. Would book this location again in a heartbeat.