Jump to content

Diamond members three free drinks


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, tomroach said:

On Harmony of the Seas, how do the three free drinks work for Diamond and above members?  Can they be used throughout the day or only in the evening?

Only in the evening during the C&A HH. Depending when TD starts the 3.5 hours will be 4:30 to 8:00 PM or from 5:00 to 8:30 PM. You can order the C&A HH drinks in any of the bars, dining venues and theater as long you do so during the 3.5 hour window. The three C&A HH drinks are unlimited in the DL during that 3.5 hour window. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were loyal Celebrity cruisers and had elite status, which allowed us to enjoy the 5-7pm happy hour on every night except the first.  Royal C. opened up for Celebrity elites to be accepted as Royal Diamond  cruisers.   We found a great cruise, a transpacific from Sydney to Seattle.   Happy Hour was from 5-8:30 and we loved it.   We don't drink alcohol until happy hour and mainly drink wine.  On our entire 22 night cruise, as well as the next 11 day cruise of Norway, we enjoyed the wonderful Diamond HH and didn't spend a single penny on alcohol for both cruises.  Love it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note also that the type of drinks included may be limited to what is available in the Diamond Lounge, which has a somewhat limited selection of beer/wine/alcohol.  For example, frozen drinks are not included.  YMMV depending on bartender and tips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Note also that the type of drinks included may be limited to what is available in the Diamond Lounge, which has a somewhat limited selection of beer/wine/alcohol.  For example, frozen drinks are not included.  YMMV depending on bartender and tips.

Here is a current DL beverage menu. Virgin frozen drinks are now starting to make their way into the DL and other bars during the C&A HH. There is another thread on the RCI forum showing what ships. 

image.png.dbaf4ed5625a4a23c15e84ba70a4601b.png

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, tomroach said:

On Harmony of the Seas, how do the three free drinks work for Diamond and above members?  Can they be used throughout the day or only in the evening?

 

My wife and I are not big drinkers. (we will not drink 3 drinks during Happy Hour)

 

So what we will do during happy hour is get unopen containers of beer and soda to take back to the stateroom and put in the refrigerator to consume during the next day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ALSEAU said:

 

My wife and I are not big drinkers. (we will not drink 3 drinks during Happy Hour)

 

So what we will do during happy hour is get unopen containers of beer and soda to take back to the stateroom and put in the refrigerator to consume during the next day.

I doubt that, have never been given an unopened anything during happy hour, and even if you do- this is the type of behavior that screws a good thing up for everyone 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We also aren’t big drinkers, the 3 or 4 drinks we normally have for the loyalty hours are more than adequate. Even when we have a drink package, the number of drinks we have does’t vary by more than one or two a day, just the time of day we have them. We don’t feel the need to “get our money’s worth”, by drinking more alcohol, soda, specialty coffee, or bottled water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We were loyal Celebrity cruisers and had elite status, which allowed us to enjoy the 5-7pm happy hour on every night except the first.  Royal C. opened up for Celebrity elites to be accepted as Royal Diamond  cruisers.   We found a great cruise, a transpacific from Sydney to Seattle.   Happy Hour was from 5-8:30 and we loved it.   We don't drink alcohol until happy hour and mainly drink wine.  On our entire 22 night cruise, as well as the next 11 day cruise of Norway, we enjoyed the wonderful Diamond HH and didn't spend a single penny on alcohol for both cruises.  Love it.

 

Weird.  As Elite you should be RC Diamond, which would let you in every night.  You must not have contacted Royal in advance and had them create a C&A account for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ALSEAU said:

 

So what we will do during happy hour is get unopen containers of beer and soda to take back to the stateroom and put in the refrigerator to consume during the next day.

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, LeeW said:

 

Weird.  As Elite you should be RC Diamond, which would let you in every night.  You must not have contacted Royal in advance and had them create a C&A account for you.

I think you misunderstood. Celebrity does not have a HH the first night while RCI does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I doubt that, have never been given an unopened anything during happy hour, and even if you do- this is the type of behavior that screws a good thing up for everyone 

 

I am a little confused in how us using our card for our 3 drink limit is a behavior that screws a  good thing for everyone.

We don't drink any HH drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

 

When we used to go to the lounge it seemed that some members spent almost the whole time in the lounge drinking free drinks. So I don't feel like I am screwing anyone when we get our 3 beers and 3 cokes each evening and yes I do request those drinks to be unopened..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tacking on to this thread instead of starting a new one. I see that you can now get whatever beer is on draft.  Would this apply to Playmakers too? I’m guessing that they are going to have better draft selection. 

Edited by kermit99
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LeeW said:

 

Weird.  As Elite you should be RC Diamond, which would let you in every night.  You must not have contacted Royal in advance and had them create a C&A account for you.

Nothing weird at all, we did contact Royal and become Diamond.  It worked like a charm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ALSEAU said:

 

My wife and I are not big drinkers. (we will not drink 3 drinks during Happy Hour)

 

So what we will do during happy hour is get unopen containers of beer and soda to take back to the stateroom and put in the refrigerator to consume during the next day.

Some ships require all beers and soda to be opened, even if you requested them to be unopened.  🍷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ALSEAU said:

 

I am a little confused in how us using our card for our 3 drink limit is a behavior that screws a  good thing for everyone.

We don't drink any HH drinks in the Diamond Lounge.

 

When we used to go to the lounge it seemed that some members spent almost the whole time in the lounge drinking free drinks. So I don't feel like I am screwing anyone when we get our 3 beers and 3 cokes each evening and yes I do request those drinks to be unopened..

 

The intent of the 3 drinks program was to reduce crowding in the Diamond during Happy Hour. The 3 drinks allowed you to drink in other places DURING HAPPY HOUR so that the Diamond Lounge did not become overcrowded. If you are taking free drinks to your room to consume the next day, that means you're not spending money for drinks the next day, thus cutting into RCI's profit. When they see their profits going down, they will reduce benefits, including the free drinks during Happy Hour. That's how your behavior screws a good thing for the rest of us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...