Jump to content

New Health Questionnaire prior to sailing?


PRNole47
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

 

It's call being honest and having integrity.

 

Tom

If Princess really wanted not to have the virus on board they do the right thing & give those sick passengers full credit for being honest. Of course it would have to be confirmed by a doctor on board first.

It would sure beat having it possible passed on to hundreds of others passengers. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know how the medical questionnaire that is now required is obtained. I sent Princess an email and the response was that they couldn't help me, but gave me a toll free number to call. After calling the number, I was told they couldn't help me. So, they gave me another toll free number to call. I called that number and was put on hold for almost an hour, only to find out that they couldn't help me, but they had another toll free number to try. So, after trying that number and being put on hold again for another 1/2 hour I hung up. How hard would it be for Princess to just post the form on their website for people to print off like they do with luggage tags.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Northumberland said:

Anyone know how the medical questionnaire that is now required is obtained. I sent Princess an email and the response was that they couldn't help me, but gave me a toll free number to call. After calling the number, I was told they couldn't help me. So, they gave me another toll free number to call. I called that number and was put on hold for almost an hour, only to find out that they couldn't help me, but they had another toll free number to try. So, after trying that number and being put on hold again for another 1/2 hour I hung up. How hard would it be for Princess to just post the form on their website for people to print off like they do with luggage tags.

 

 

Already a long thread on the questionnaire.

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2738532-new-health-questionnaire-prior-to-sailing/?tab=comments#comment-59524997

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Probably true, but not a good idea. On Princess's website it states, and I'm quoting, "Shipboard staff will be scanning passports to verify transit through any of the prohibited areas."

 

a) In many cases a useless exercise. My passport has entry/exit information scattered over 30+ pages in no particular order with many of them very difficult to read due to lack of sufficient ink when stamping or one stamp being placed over another. Someone could easily spend over 20 minutes trying to examine each stamp in my passport to figure out where I have been when and still not have figured out every stamp.

 

b) The entry and exit stamps do not tell the entire story. For example, I could have entered the EU in France and exited it in Germany and that is what the passport stamps would show. But while in the EU I could have traveled in northern Italy and nothing in the passport would show that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Northumberland said:

Anyone know how the medical questionnaire that is now required is obtained. I sent Princess an email and the response was that they couldn't help me, but gave me a toll free number to call. After calling the number, I was told they couldn't help me. So, they gave me another toll free number to call. I called that number and was put on hold for almost an hour, only to find out that they couldn't help me, but they had another toll free number to try. So, after trying that number and being put on hold again for another 1/2 hour I hung up. How hard would it be for Princess to just post the form on their website for people to print off like they do with luggage tags.

 

 

 

They will give it to you to fill in when you arrive at the port.

 

They do not want it filled out in advance with information that could be out-of-date by the time you check-in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having filled out a questionnaire previously doesn't make it any less truthful. If they restart using this form I'll once begin filling mine in at home to make it easier to check in while carrying my luggage with me. 

Of course I answer my form truthfully all the time but only in advance for convenience and would change it accordingly if needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a) In many cases a useless exercise. My passport has entry/exit information scattered over 30+ pages in no particular order with many of them very difficult to read due to lack of sufficient ink when stamping or one stamp being placed over another. Someone could easily spend over 20 minutes trying to examine each stamp in my passport to figure out where I have been when and still not have figured out every stamp.

 

b) The entry and exit stamps do not tell the entire story. For example, I could have entered the EU in France and exited it in Germany and that is what the passport stamps would show. But while in the EU I could have traveled in northern Italy and nothing in the passport would

 

when they scan your passport it shows exactly where you have been although you are right about being in Europe it will only show your entry and exit. I would hope that

people would be honest when the customs ask you if you travelled to the infected 

areas you would answer honestly

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, caribill said:

 

a) In many cases a useless exercise. My passport has entry/exit information scattered over 30+ pages in no particular order with many of them very difficult to read due to lack of sufficient ink when stamping or one stamp being placed over another. Someone could easily spend over 20 minutes trying to examine each stamp in my passport to figure out where I have been when and still not have figured out every stamp.

 

b) The entry and exit stamps do not tell the entire story. For example, I could have entered the EU in France and exited it in Germany and that is what the passport stamps would show. But while in the EU I could have traveled in northern Italy and nothing in the passport would show that.

You make good points in part b). The Schengen area makes it very difficult to know which countries a passenger may have passed through. Interestingly, I was just reading an Italian article earlier this morning that suggested that while Italy is being looked at as the focal point of the virus in Europe, there was a Chinese businesswoman from Shanghai who attended a conference in Munich and whose partner is Italian. She didn't realize she was infected until returning to China, but MAY (I emphasize MAY) have passed it on to her Italian partner who then brought it back to Italy. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Italy started resuming border checks in Europe and vice versa. Your argument in point a) is less persuasive. If border patrol agents have to spend 20 minutes looking through your passport, they legally can. Speaking only personally, I would NOT risk further problems by lying about my medical or travel history in an attempt to circumvent legitimate government border controls.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

You make good points in part b). The Schengen area makes it very difficult to know which countries a passenger may have passed through. Interestingly, I was just reading an Italian article earlier this morning that suggested that while Italy is being looked at as the focal point of the virus in Europe, there was a Chinese businesswoman from Shanghai who attended a conference in Munich and whose partner is Italian. She didn't realize she was infected until returning to China, but MAY (I emphasize MAY) have passed it on to her Italian partner who then brought it back to Italy. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Italy started resuming border checks in Europe and vice versa. Your argument in point a) is less persuasive. If border patrol agents have to spend 20 minutes looking through your passport, they legally can. Speaking only personally, I would NOT risk further problems by lying about my medical or travel history in an attempt to circumvent legitimate government border controls.

 

I was referencing Princess check-in agents, not government officials.

 

And my point was not whether or not they had the right to to do, but to point out that spending the time to accurately check every passenger's passbook could delay the completion of boarding by hours.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2020 at 11:04 PM, caribill said:

 

a) In many cases a useless exercise. My passport has entry/exit information scattered over 30+ pages in no particular order with many of them very difficult to read due to lack of sufficient ink when stamping or one stamp being placed over another. Someone could easily spend over 20 minutes trying to examine each stamp in my passport to figure out where I have been when and still not have figured out every stamp.

 

b) The entry and exit stamps do not tell the entire story. For example, I could have entered the EU in France and exited it in Germany and that is what the passport stamps would show. But while in the EU I could have traveled in northern Italy and nothing in the passport would show that.

It is all electronically tracked. I had a new passport book with zero stamps and immigration still knew exactly where I had been for the last 20 years including trips to Mexico and Canada where I only presented my enhanced drivers license or Nexus card. The UK and Ireland don't even stamp your passports anymore, they just scan them and keep a record. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Peckishpixie said:

It is all electronically tracked. I had a new passport book with zero stamps and immigration still knew exactly where I had been for the last 20 years including trips to Mexico and Canada where I only presented my enhanced drivers license or Nexus card. The UK and Ireland don't even stamp your passports anymore, they just scan them and keep a record. 

Immigration officials have access to this data base. Cruise check-in clerks do not have this access and must manually examine the passports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had one all it asks is of you had flu like symptoms or been near someone who does

 

have you been to any of the major affected countries or been around someone who has

And then your email address phone number and signature 

 

it’s really close to the normal form

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, RecliningPanda said:

I had one all it asks is of you had flu like symptoms or been near someone who does

 

have you been to any of the major affected countries or been around someone who has

And then your email address phone number and signature 

 

it’s really close to the normal form

We disembarked from the Sea Princess today. One of the officers on board said that they had received several revised and up-dated versions of the questionnaire so they wouldn't print them until just before they were needed. Otherwise they would be just scrap paper as they would have to be replaced.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, eamondzhang said:

5 weeks ago there were no questionnaire requirement indeed, it was within February where all things started.

Boarded Ruby in Sydney on the 24th Feb and it was the “same old” health form except: added was have you been to China, Italy, Sth Korea, Singapore or Iran in the last 14 days 🧐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Boarded Ruby in Sydney on the 24th Feb and it was the “same old” health form except: added was have you been to China, Italy, Sth Korea, Singapore or Iran in the last 14 days 🧐

We haven't had a health questionnaire for a few years. The one they used to use referred mainly to gastrointestinal problems (the possibility of noro virus).

 

We boarded the Sea Princess on 23rd February where we were given a health form to fill out that had the questions about travel destinations in the last 14 days.

 

A few days ago, the General Manager on the Sea Princess mentioned that this form was being updated virtually every day. The time frame she was referring to was a week or so after your cruise (and also our's) started. The form being used now is not the same one we had on 23rd or 24th February.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, satxdiver said:

We board the Ruby in 5 weeks and have not received anything like a health form but expect to have one given to us before we board in Sydney.  Pax lie when filling out the forms knowing they may be denied boarding just like in the past so they have questionable validity.  However it does give Princess an out if they can produce a form you signed and lied.  

 

I would be upset if anyone tried to take my temperature with an oral device.  What a great way to spread germs.  My healthcare providers use a handheld device held to the forehead to measure temperature which is much more sanitary.  The cruise lines probably don't have enough devices however to check every pax quickly. 

If they can take your picture for security during the boarding process they can easily check your temp using a medical grade thermal scanner.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kate59 said:

Another form that's practically useless if a person doesn't tell the truth about where they've been.

Except if something does occur & they can trace it back to the individual, CCL can hold that person liable for damages if they can prove it was a lie. 

The best they can do right now to try & keep it off the ships is relying on a person's temperature.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Another form that's practically useless if a person doesn't tell the truth about where they've been.

Except if something does occur & they can trace it back to the individual, CCL can hold that person liable for damages if they can prove it was a lie. 

The best they can do right now to try & keep it off the ships is relying on a person's temperature.

Delete! Sorry wrong thread!

 

 

Edited by Reader0108598
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2020 at 1:48 AM, Peckishpixie said:

It is all electronically tracked. I had a new passport book with zero stamps and immigration still knew exactly where I had been for the last 20 years including trips to Mexico and Canada where I only presented my enhanced drivers license or Nexus card. The UK and Ireland don't even stamp your passports anymore, they just scan them and keep a record. 

 

Once inside the Euro Schengen zone, no one knows where you have been, including Italy, there is just a Schengen Zone entry and exit.  In Italy they do scan your passport when you check into a hotel but I doubt that database is available to the cruise lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Princess will take temps of all boarding passengers now supposedly. It's on their website. Curious if anyone who actually boarded a cruise in the last two days had this happen. 

delete

Edited by MissP22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...