EZ Air Cancellation question

CFD130

If you purchase EZ air and have Princess cancel for any reason insurance, what happens to your air reservation if you cancel your cruise? We a two weeks from our cruise

Edited by CFD130

1 minute ago, Jezabel2924 said:

We had to cancel in 2018 and had EZair.  We were at the 50% cancellation point and received 50% cash back and 50% in a direct credit with the airline good for 1 year and any booking.

Thats not with Princess CFAR insurance is it?

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thats not with Princess CFAR insurance is it?

That is weird - I had read that about a year ago (airline credit). I asked on this board recently and someone mentioned EZ Air Credit. I am confused also. And this may affect me.

Yes.  It was a medical reason that was denied.  Even though the diagnosis came after final payment, my husband's original medical appointment was the day before final payment so it was considered a pre existing condition making our reimbursement fall under cancel for any reason.  We received 50% cash back on both the air and cruise.  We received the other 50% back in cruise credits and the air credit was with the airline direct.  We were able to book the same cruise later in the year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jezabel2924 said:

Yes.  It was a medical reason that was denied.  Even though the diagnosis came after final payment, my husband's original medical appointment was the day before final payment so it was considered a pre existing condition making our reimbursement fall under cancel for any reason.  We received 50% cash back on both the air and cruise.  We received the other 50% back in cruise credits and the air credit was with the airline direct.  We were able to book the same cruise later in the year.

Got it. The 50% threw me for a second.

1 hour ago, Jezabel2924 said:

Even though the diagnosis came after final payment, my husband's original medical appointment was the day before final payment so it was considered a pre existing condition making our reimbursement fall under cancel for any reason.

I don't think I would want to have even a routine check-up appt with that timing.  That is too bad in the end.  It seems like so many travel insurance policies have "outs" for the companies or you pay a fortune to avoid some of them.

I never take out insurance through Princess. I always use a different insurance company.

A few years ago I talked to a Princess Rep. and asked if pre-existing conditions were covered. The answer was that they would determine that at the time a claim is put in. They don’t have a written policy for pre-existing conditions.

Yes, I know about the Cancel for Any Reason insurance, but I would not necessarily want cruise credit.

There are better insurance companies than Princess.

10 minutes ago, TwoCruisers said:

I never take out insurance through Princess. I always use a different insurance company.

A few years ago I talked to a Princess Rep. and asked if pre-existing conditions were covered. The answer was that they would determine that at the time a claim is put in. They don’t have a written policy for pre-existing conditions.

Yes, I know about the Cancel for Any Reason insurance, but I would not necessarily want cruise credit.

There are better insurance companies than Princess.

While I completely agree with you that Princess's insurance is not good for medical - I have a cruise in about 6 weeks. I may have to pull "cancel for any reason". I am not thrilled with cruise coverage but it is better than nothing at this point. I double insured - I have Allianz for medical and Princess for "cancel for any reason".