Sky Princess Partially Obstructed Cabins

sherrill17

W will be on the Sky Princess at the end of March with our cabin on the Emerald Deck E433.  It looks to be above Alfredo's with a sort of angled deck.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin or  E429 and can tell me how obstructed this cabin is and how is it above the pizzeria?

Edited by sherrill17

Here is a great site about the Royal/Regal obstructed on Emerald deck, same would apply to the Sky.  If you page down you can see individual pictures plus the big pictures of the ship show good views, too.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

The main thing is for those cabins is the view straight out is fine, but not looking down.  I don't see a problem with Emerald Deck, and I do book them.  I'm going to be in Sky E415 in Aug. and Enchanted E408 next April.

I've seen that, however, for mid-ship where there are no lifeboats, the information is fine.  E429 and E433 are over the area by Alfredo's, there is no obstruction, except for looking straight down.  I don't have an answer about being above Alfredo's for noise but the view would be good.

I wouldn't have given out the information if the OP hadn't listed specific cabin numbers.  You can see where they are, there is no obstruction.

Edited by susancruzs
addition

I've been in E425 on the Royal before ... excellent cabin choice ... so much so, I've booked it again.  I don't think you will regret it one bit ... and no, there was absolutely zero noise in that cabin.  It was actually the quietest Princess stateroom I've ever had.  

• Like 1

I agree, this is why I''m in the same area on my next two cruises.  I sail single, usually inside cabins, long cruises (25+ days), this time price difference between inside and obstructed was minimal!  Great deal, very happy to have a balcony.

Thank you for the site with the pictures of the cabins. I feel much better about the cabin.  My sister is actually in E439 and there doesn't seem to be an obstruction at all.  Good choice for her.

• 9 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 4:54 PM, trafficgirl124 said:

We were in E429 on the Sky and it’s amazing. No obstruction at all. These cabins midship on Deck 8 are the ones I book now all the time. We just love them and the angled balconies are bigger. 

I realize I am reviving an old thread but have two more questions for you.

I see the Sky and the yet to be completed Discovery Princess are the same in terms of what is below them.  I see that the Alfredo's pizza oven and cooks station is right below this cabin.  Did you hear any noise from below?  Late at night when they are cleaning is really my only concern.  

Also, those tables that are down on deck 7 right below, are people allowed to smoke at these tables?  

thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

I am in Cabin e626 on my cruise December 2021. Usually I would not book an obstructed view Balcony but honestly it was the same price as a Ocean view and got a great deal that included drink package wifi and all gratuities. 

Would love to hear peoples opinions on the obstructed view balconies on the Sky Princess.  

There can be noise from the outside tables at Alfredo’s. One night a group of very “happy” cruisers were celebrating a birthday, and the noise was quite loud until about 11. But that was the only night with any problems. Since “happy” cruisers can show up anywhere- in the hall, the elevators, a restaurant, the balconies around you- enjoy your balcony. We have booked 3 cruises with obstructed balconies in this area.

• Thanks 1

So I have been doing some more research and found a video of the Regal Princess and looks like that Cabin 626 has very minimal obstruction looking straight out, just if you look forward you will see the lifeboats. Anyone have any opinions on this?

On 3/1/2020 at 2:16 PM, susancruzs said:

Here is a great site about the Royal/Regal obstructed on Emerald deck, same would apply to the Sky.  If you page down you can see individual pictures plus the big pictures of the ship show good views, too.

The main thing is for those cabins is the view straight out is fine, but not looking down.  I don't see a problem with Emerald Deck, and I do book them.  I'm going to be in Sky E415 in Aug. and Enchanted E408 next April.

Do we need a google account to access the site now?  I used to be able to access it without having to have a Google login.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:16 PM, susancruzs said:

14 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Do we need a google account to access the site now?  I used to be able to access it without having to have a Google login.

You may disregard my question.  I found my answer:  https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Enchanted-Princess&cabins=E401-E445

On 3/1/2020 at 1:02 PM, sherrill17 said:

W will be on the Sky Princess at the end of March with our cabin on the Emerald Deck E433.  It looks to be above Alfredo's with a sort of angled deck.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin or  E429 and can tell me how obstructed this cabin is and how is it above the pizzeria?

ADBC5CC7-FDE0-4584-ADF3-ACF9E079BCF5.jpeg

F86C52AC-4665-4DF7-B4DD-785D5769CEDD.jpeg

C35F3125-178A-4036-AE0C-E0C9F6CAB0F4.jpeg