Europe river cruise September

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

No much need for A/C in NZ, if it is hot, just wait 10 minutes.

Not always true unfortunately. And when it does get hot it's very unpleasant when you end up in a hotel with no air-con and no fly screens on the windows.

55 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

No much need for A/C in NZ, if it is hot, just wait 10 minutes.

Do they have ac in nz, done a coach tour of nz, not much ac back then. Plus a couple of cruises, only gets warm in the north.

55 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Do they have ac in nz, done a coach tour of nz, not much ac back then. Plus a couple of cruises, only gets warm in the north.

Big hotels do and modern apartment hotels but older and smaller places may not. You're more likely to need heating than cooling, unless you happen to be me who needs a cold room (not just cool) to sleep in. I use air-con 8-9 months of the year.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

On 7/8/2020 at 5:52 PM, ozblue_7 said:

Well, we requested a full refund of $23k and have been offered $18.5k. So $4.5k of costs for travelmarvel! We’re disputing.

It was all paid on credit card. Has anybody had any luck claiming back through a credit card dispute?

That is a lot of money to forfeit for "costs". 

We have had some luck on CC claims, mainly with airfares and cancelled flights. Haven't tried to claim any package holidays as such, so can't help there....sorry. 

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Big hotels do and modern apartment hotels but older and smaller places may not. You're more likely to need heating than cooling, unless you happen to be me who needs a cold room (not just cool) to sleep in. I use air-con 8-9 months of the year.

Bit like the UK.

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Your power bills must be extreme, do you have solar panels ? 

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Your power bills must be extreme, do you have solar panels ? 

Yes, we have solar power but no battery unfortunately. We export power at around 10 cents and buy it back overnight at around 15 cents so not too bad.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Why wouldn't you just leave the windows open at night to cool the place down.

No air flow. We have a set of louvre windows in the bedroom but can only open the top ones as the cat has figured out how to get out of them. And summer night time temps are far too hot for me to sleep anyway without aircon. It's a big problem for me but I've got it mostly sussed now. We don't use the air con in the day, of course, and our living area has an excellent fan that copes on all but the very hottest days.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Time for the cat to be locked in the laundry, so it cannot escape.

Can't do that, it's not comfy enough! Besides there is a cat door in the laundry door so he can get to his toilet.