Hub App & Anytime Dining

TerReuv

We always do ATD and love it.  We also usually ask for the same waitstaff if we like the ones on the first night (and yes, we are willing to wait).  For our cruise this year, I understand that you can use the Hub App to make a reservation for ATD, but you cannot request the waitstaff.  My question is for anyone that has used the Hub App for reservations for ATD, when you got to the dining room, did you (or were you able to) ask for your preferred waitstaff?  If you did, how did it work?

TIA

1 hour ago, TerReuv said:

We always do ATD and love it.  We also usually ask for the same waitstaff if we like the ones on the first night (and yes, we are willing to wait).  For our cruise this year, I understand that you can use the Hub App to make a reservation for ATD, but you cannot request the waitstaff.  My question is for anyone that has used the Hub App for reservations for ATD, when you got to the dining room, did you (or were you able to) ask for your preferred waitstaff?  If you did, how did it work?

TIA

I was not able to use the Hub app and request same wait staff. If you want same staff you have to check in at the desk is what I was told. That said, we did "accidentally" end up with same staff about 60 or 70% of the time.

1 minute ago, amyotravel said:

I was not able to use the Hub app and request same wait staff. If you want same staff you have to check in at the desk is what I was told. That said, we did "accidentally" end up with same staff about 60 or 70% of the time.

Thank you.  We have never had an issue with waiting a few minutes (it's only been more on elegant night).  Maybe we will only check in with the App that night.

39 minutes ago, creef1014 said:

if you use the App, can you request a table location? or is it limited just requesting a dinner time?

It's not a reservation system. You cannot request a table and you do not request a specific time. It's a notification system that you are ready for dinner, and they will message you when your table is ready. You have to be within a few minutes walking distance and fully ready to go because more often then not it's pretty immediate to about 5 or 10 minutes. More like an app pager system. I do really like it, even if I don't know where the table will be. I find it handy.

• Like 1

We've used The Hub app 3 times now to check-in for ATD and it randomly assigns you a table when you check in. Then when we get to the desk to let them know we're there, we just tell them we want to sit in NAMEs section. Never had an issue.

Just now, teknoge3k said:

We've used The Hub app 3 times now to check-in for ATD and it randomly assigns you a table when you check in. Then when we get to the desk to let them know we're there, we just tell them we want to sit in NAMEs section. Never had an issue.

Thank you!  That is pretty much what I was looking for.  That part of the Hub App wasn't available on our last cruise.  We've never had an issue getting the wait team we want, but wasn't sure if it would be different if we used the app.  

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

I tried that very thing and was always told their section was full, so it's luck of the draw I guess.

6 hours ago, amyotravel said:

I tried that very thing and was always told their section was full, so it's luck of the draw I guess.

Similar story...after putting our name in via the app and the checking in at the dining room, we inquired about a wait team. We got told we would have to go back up to the check in desk and re check in with a new request for that team. We saw this consistently happening to other people as well.  So your mileage may vary