Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ckrobyn

Currently sailing on Oasis - I didn’t cancel 🎉

Recommended Posts

You have finished sailing the north coast of Puerto Rico and are in the gap, sailing west, between Puerto Rico and Hispaniola. In a few hrs you will be sailing along the north coast of the Dominican Republic and Haiti and into Labadee. I would think you will be able to see lights off the port side of the ship all night once you reach Hispaniola. What side of the ship is your cabin on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

This was her a Christmas surprise. She has already scouted the LV stores on Maui. 🤦‍♂️

 

The Shops at Wailea??  Between dinner at the Grand Wailea and the LV store at the Shops, that was one expensive drive from Kaanapali.  Best LV store hands down though is the "island" store in Singapore...or so I'm told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Diamond Lounge drink menu

AD6182D3-D4E0-4A3D-9C48-B5E8DD8ACA79.jpeg

Have a few for me; God knows I need it. LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Andrew, pls. explain ... Did she or did she not?? Seems like Lisa has my taste in Vuittons [pics not quoted], as I also "prepare" myself before hitting a LV store😁


Let’s just say she has been doing research. 😱  Some people like stray animals, Lisa likes to bring home leather products. 

 

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Shops at Wailea??  Between dinner at the Grand Wailea and the LV store at the Shops, that was one expensive drive from Kaanapali.  Best LV store hands down though is the "island" store in Singapore...or so I'm told.


Ah yes, the Shops at Wailea.  We are staying a few minutes down the road at the Fairmount Kea Lani in a 2 bedroom Villa.  We will be headed to the Luau at the Grand Wailea. We have been to a few😉 LV locations, but Lisa’s favourite was what I call the Mother Ship on the Champs Élysées.  We also got to see their Paris Runway Collection which was on display in Rome. She has her favourite things and I love  the garage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 4:27 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I tried doing a search. I am not coming up with it. It was awhile ago.

Is this it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning Labadee! 😎😎

Couldn’t ask for better beach weather!

417481E2-E5AF-4BC1-A0BE-A5EA8D38A0BE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have finished sailing the north coast of Puerto Rico and are in the gap, sailing west, between Puerto Rico and Hispaniola. In a few hrs you will be sailing along the north coast of the Dominican Republic and Haiti and into Labadee. I would think you will be able to see lights off the port side of the ship all night once you reach Hispaniola. What side of the ship is your cabin on?

Starboard - thanks for the GPS update. I was in a lobster coma last night and went to bed early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I mentioned how much I love Labadee?? Enjoyed a fantastic day on the beach at Columbus Cove. The weather was perfect, and the ocean warm....

826F863B-C37C-4648-B734-CB670ACE1794.jpeg

C93CD496-AD9C-4A09-AA6A-0E43FBCF2242.jpeg

DB292D54-D23A-4AAC-9B4E-E69D9F45E709.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I loved all the new changes to coco cat, I adore Labadee.  Rarely is the weather bad and it’s just beautiful to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, maggieq said:

While I loved all the new changes to coco cat, I adore Labadee.  Rarely is the weather bad and it’s just beautiful to me 

I agree. I really hope they leave Labadee a little more basic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 2:02 PM, Nola93 said:

OH!  I did not understand that "cocktail sauce" on the final night in the WJ!  Where were my lumps?  But when I (cautiously) tried it, I was pleasantly surprised it had a little zip, and wasn't actually just ketchup.  Guess that was the wasabi.

 

Wasabi is usually just green horseradish. Mix it with catsup and it might look a bit funky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just don’t bring him back to the cabin.

Think you need to have been here for many years to understand this. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, maggieq said:

While I loved all the new changes to coco cat, I adore Labadee.  Rarely is the weather bad and it’s just beautiful to me 

I agree. However, Labadee could use some food option upgrades... big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

 

Wasabi is usually just green horseradish. Mix it with catsup and it might look a bit funky.

Not appealing at all.

BE794895-C166-4213-A6BA-AA72DA0BAAC1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 6:46 PM, ckrobyn said:

Diamond Lounge drink menu

AD6182D3-D4E0-4A3D-9C48-B5E8DD8ACA79.jpeg

Nice, it's been updated!  There were no frozen drinks when we were there a few weeks ago. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 3:37 AM, A&L_Ont said:

Some people like stray animals, Lisa likes to bring home leather products

 

Nothing wrong with that... Pls. show Lisa some vintages straight from  Mother Ship on the Champs Élysées...

תיקים.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Nothing wrong with that... Pls. show Lisa some vintages straight from  Mother Ship on the Champs Élysées...


She approves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree. However, Labadee could use some food option upgrades... big time.

Agreed. The food was meh, but the flies were most annoying 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:


She approves. 

They are now selling “pre-loved” LV. Gucci and Prada on-board 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may or may not have purchased something from Tiffany today 😊

61BD3702-7E97-4E0E-B9BE-9FBB26434668.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

They are now selling “pre-loved” LV. Gucci and Prada on-board 😳


Did you know that LV now owns Tiffany?  I also learned in August, while on the extended Harmony Hurricane Cruise, that they own the watch shop on the ship.  I would guess that also carries over to all their ships. I wonder if they own the jewelry store as well 🤔


They were also selling used Rolex’s.

 

44 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I may or may not have purchased something from Tiffany today 😊

61BD3702-7E97-4E0E-B9BE-9FBB26434668.jpeg


photos or it didn’t happen. 😉

Edited by A&L_Ont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:


photos or it didn’t happen. 😉

Oh, I suspect it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh, I suspect it happened.

Once again you are correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...