You're quarantined on a ship for a few weeks. What do you wish you brought?

tomservo

5 hours ago, Aplmac said:

So you can work on your paradiddles and reverse paradiddles,

your triplets and your two-stroke roll.

Good way to spend the time!

Pics - 3 shots

taken inside SABIAN's cymbal vault

up in the New Brunswick woods somewhere..

Our Canada Cruise called in at St. John, NB

which is not too far away -but not exactly close either!

Was never sure if it was feasible to make a quick dash or what.

Always thought it would cost you a fortune in taxi fare!
And it would need to be pre-arranged, too.

I'll stick to a Single Strike Roll and change time to the  Flam Tap. 🥁😎

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I'd want my Blendjet (a personal USB-powered blender) and a supply of drinks to blend up (along with copious amounts of Titos to mix in there!!!).  

Hmm. I think you're on to something there. Electrical devices are sometimes snared at security, but I have an old Tupperware shaker that I could pack full of crystallite mojito and margarita mixes... Not flying to port...

ETA: This would be to go with the two bottles of rum I'm ordering for the room...

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Do you think that they have opened the internet gates and given unlimited free internet to everyone or alternatively and more likely doubled the cost of internet?

DON

Grand and Diamond both had complimentary Wifi, imagine 2000+ passengers all using it, make 300Baud look fast.

• Haha 1

I have playing cards, cribbage board, travel monopoly and chequers, my self imposed rule was everything extra had to fit in a gallon ziplock, crochet hook and yarn and downloaded a how to learn as I have zero idea. Have loaded up ipad with extra books and games.  Tacking extra meds, added some sample packs of laundry detergent to our cruise kit that has all the regular stuff in it. Bought a couple of extra battery tealights and more cough drops than usual.  6 weeks tomorrow we are on that ship.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:39 AM, joeyancho said:

I dont think ship quarantines will happen again since the last one was so incredibly ineffective.  

Several posters said the same thing back on Monday … yet the US government doesn't want the folks in California allowed off the ship because it will screw with their numbers.  You can't make this stuff up.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Hmm. I think you're on to something there. Electrical devices are sometimes snared at security, but I have an old Tupperware shaker that I could pack full of crystallite mojito and margarita mixes... Not flying to port...

ETA: This would be to go with the two bottles of rum I'm ordering for the room...

The Blendjet is really cool.  I can take it camping with me, to work, wherever I can do a USB charge.  Makes enough drink for me.  

• Like 1

I was on a ship a week ago.  Was wondering why I left my IPad and reading glasses home.   At least I had my iPhone.  

I was shocked the ship was full.  Was hoping to upgrade to a balcony, but nobody cancelled.  It would not bother me to be quarantined the last two weeks in February if I was in a balcony cabin.  Makes me rethink booking an inside cabin during Flu season.  

• Like 1

This is an interesting thread. I wouldn't mind being quarantined as long as it was in a nice cabin, but I'd sure want some things to pass the time. At least a deck of cards, some shows I want to watch saved to my laptop, maybe a game like Cards Against Humanity. I always pack the standard OTC meds but I guess you'd want extra cough drops and analgesics on you in that sort of scenario? For sure something to wash some clothing with. Funny we probably should have been carrying some of this stuff all along. After all it could have just as likely been any one of us on any other cruise that got stuck in a sticky situation like that Princess ship and the Westerdam. 

• Like 1

It's not about potential boredom, it's about the fear.  I'm not sure that all of the movies, games, books, etc. in the world would make much of a dent in the fear from being locked up and given no or bad information.  Consider the folks still floating off the coast of California who only heard about the positive cases on the ship when the Vice President mentioned it at a press conference.   

On 3/3/2020 at 12:32 AM, Aplmac said:

I could use cute twins around age 19-25

and a good supply of those little blue pills

whaddya call them again?

If I'm gonna die on board

there is no finer way to die on a cruise ship!

Earplugs if I’m next door to Aplmac .... the jealousy would finish me off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I knew ahead of time there'd be a better than 50/50 chance of being quarantined, I'd see if the cruise line could book these guys. Nothing like some rousing Polka music to keep things from getting boring. 😁   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

If I knew ahead of time there'd be a better than 50/50 chance of being quarantined, I'd see if the cruise line could book these guys. Nothing like some rousing Polka music to keep things from getting boring. 😁   

As if getting a virus and being quarantined wasnt it. This would flip over the egde, or maybe even overboard.

Uh my favorite hooker??? But seriously folk, it's not what I brought, does the ship have enough vodka, gin, bourbon and tequila. and well of course burgers and hot dogs for lunch. Eggs and bacon for breakfast. and for dinner steaks and seafood. I can do my laundry in the sink. Meds I always pack extra.