Jump to content

Voyager Abu Dhabi April 16


Baden
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are currently booked on this 20 day cruise that disembarks in Rome. Has anyone heard of any plans by Regent considering the issues within Italy with respect to the corona virus?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have been offered a 100% FCC but must decide by 3/13. We wonder if they are thinking of cancelling the cruise but want us “to bite”. Once you take the credit there will be no chance of receiving a refund. I guess we hang in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you try going to the roll call section of CC?  Look for Voyager roll calls and then the appropriate date.

 

We are struggling with same question you are.  Will Regent wait intil 28 days before sailing and then announce they are cancelling the cruise after everyone cancelled cruise before the 30 day FCC cutoff?  That way they get to keep the money.  That would be harsh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

Did you try going to the roll call section of CC?  Look for Voyager roll calls and then the appropriate date.

 

We are struggling with same question you are.  Will Regent wait intil 28 days before sailing and then announce they are cancelling the cruise after everyone cancelled cruise before the 30 day FCC cutoff?  That way they get to keep the money.  That would be harsh.

 

But not unexpected.  I would be more concerned that UAE may block flights from Schengen countries and/or USA.

 

Marc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Eager2Travel said:

Did you try going to the roll call section of CC?  Look for Voyager roll calls and then the appropriate date.

 

We are struggling with same question you are.  Will Regent wait intil 28 days before sailing and then announce they are cancelling the cruise after everyone cancelled cruise before the 30 day FCC cutoff?  That way they get to keep the money.  That would be harsh.

 

If Regent cancels the cruise, you will get a refund.  If you cancel your cruise you get the FCC.  We are doing a similar itinerary in November and have no intention of cancelling (and, as you know, we are very high risk).  

 

Bottom line ..... your worst case scenario would be cancelling and getting the FCC rather than a refund if Regent cancels.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the big worry is that Regent won’t cancel the cruise but will change the itinerary dramatically after the self-cancellation date.  At that point I don’t believe the passengers have options other than to loose their fare.   I think that cruise lines have the right to change ports dictated by current conditions,  Correct me if I’m wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bottom line, TC  is what we are concerned with.  
 

We are on the Mariner Rome to Miami on April 29 (flight is April 27.).   We need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks.  Do we cancel now or see if Regent cancels thus refunding our significant amount of money?  We do not plan to take the cruise as we are high risk and family is all concerned about it.
 

I think that cruise will change.  Regent did right by the people that were currently on a leg of the Mariner Round the World Cruise.  It would be wonderful if they  just refunded the money.  We don’t expect any additional FCC.

 

Sorry  Bagen, I didn’t mean to interrupt your thread.  It resonated with me and I couldn’t resist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Eager2Travel said:

The bottom line, TC  is what we are concerned with.  
 

We are on the Mariner Rome to Miami on April 29 (flight is April 27.).   We need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks.  Do we cancel now or see if Regent cancels thus refunding our significant amount of money?  We do not plan to take the cruise as we are high risk and family is all concerned about it.
 

I think that cruise will change.  Regent did right by the people that were currently on a leg of the Mariner Round the World Cruise.  It would be wonderful if they  just refunded the money.  We don’t expect any additional FCC.

 

Sorry  Bagen, I didn’t mean to interrupt your thread.  It resonated with me and I couldn’t resist.

 

You didn't interrupt anything.  Check out my post on the "Coronavirus" thread.  Regent came out with new policies.  You now have over a month to make this decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The good news is that Regent changed the policy to cancelling up to 48 hours prior to departure.  They also announced the changed ports so we know what we are dealing with.  They will not refund any money for April 29 departure but will give paid fare in FCC to be used with embarkation within one year of April date.

 

The changed itinerary is so blah for that sum of money we will cancel and take the FCC.  At least it makes it easy to let go of the cruise as it is now 

 

I would post this on the main thread but that is beyond my skill level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Baden said:

For some reason I cannot see this link (likely permissions). Is the link on Cruisecritic?

Yes, it is under Roll Calls for Voyager, March 22, Bangkok to Abu Dhabi to Rome. Sorry it didn't post correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just checked RSSC.com for our cruise and the last 3 days are changed:

5/3: Bodrum, Turkey 8 AM to 6 PM

5/4: Ephesus (Kusadasi) Turkey 7 AM to 6 PM

5/5: Volos Greece 8 AM to 6 PM

5/6: Piraeus Greece 6 AM - Disembark

No tours are up yet. Have not heard from our TA, but glad we used Regent Air.

We have been to all but Volos, and look forward to revisiting. Ephesus especially is a highlight.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regent has modified this cruise and many others. Any cruise ending or visiting Italy has been modified (I only checked April cruises). The April 16 cruise from Abu Dhabi now ends in Athens with new stops in Greece and Turkey. Still don’t want the FCC so will see where this goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regent’s ‘ghost ship’, Seven Seas Voyager, has arrived in Abu Dhabi and vesselfinder shows her docked.

.................... but will any passengers or crew be able to join her in a months time?
 

Probably unlikely that any of her cruises scheduled for the next 3 months will proceed.

We will wait for the next communication from Regent.

Edited by flossie009
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have cancelled our planned Voyager cruise originally from Venice on 11 May in favour of a refund rather than FCC. This is under Regent's T's & C's rather than Regent Reassurance. Hoping it will not be too long before we get the refund. At least we will be richer (or less poor) if not happier. Where shall we go instead? Southend or Blackpool?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tucruisers said:

We have cancelled our planned Voyager cruise originally from Venice on 11 May in favour of a refund rather than FCC. This is under Regent's T's & C's rather than Regent Reassurance. Hoping it will not be too long before we get the refund. At least we will be richer (or less poor) if not happier. Where shall we go instead? Southend or Blackpool?

We have a cruise in June booked as a package with a UK TA which calls at 8 Italian ports. As your cruise itinerary has been significantly changed including the start and finish points you should have been entitled to a full refund of all monies paid under the Package Holiday Regulations 2018. We are hoping to have a full refund at a later date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John117 said:

We have a cruise in June booked as a package with a UK TA which calls at 8 Italian ports. As your cruise itinerary has been significantly changed including the start and finish points you should have been entitled to a full refund of all monies paid under the Package Holiday Regulations 2018. We are hoping to have a full refund at a later date.

 

The cruise was from Venice to Haifa, then changed to depart Athens with the first part sort of killing time before returning to Athens and the original itinerary. This is still a significant change and we should be due a full refund under Regent's own terms as well as the regs you quote. We would have been up for a change to the Explorer British Isles cruise at the end of May but Regent wanted ££££ for this so we went for the full refund instead. If the Explorer cruise goes ahead (a big "if" I think) then I would think the price might come down and we will consider booking.

If not, maybe a UK canal boat trip is the only option!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's go time.
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...