Cruise Critic Community
4cats4me

Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

11 minutes ago, LARGIN said:

"Crew Boat" that delivers supplies and such..

Did they say at pence news conference they were going to deliver medical supplies to the ship?  Maybe miss tammy is delivering the masks suits etc they need to test everyone

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did they say at pence news conference they were going to deliver medical supplies to the ship?  Maybe miss tammy is delivering the masks suits etc they need to test everyone

Pence news conference said nothing specific about helping the Grand Princess.

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I just saw this on the Royal roll call.. so does this mean the shared crew member tested positive? So what about all those people sitting on the boat that were going to do a B2B? My god. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ChiCruiser758 said:

There are a pilot boat and a U.S. Coast Guard craft near the ship, too. But not there yet.

The Coast Guard ship is the Oak.  Looks like it is heading further west and then back east. Routine patrol.

Edited by brisalta

Just now, glam mistress said:

I just saw this on the Royal roll call.. so does this mean the shared crew member tested positive? So what about all those people sitting on the boat that were going to do a B2B? My god. 

Why can't they leave the port? They haven't been on the ship yet?

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

That's the part I am trying to understand 

We have friends on board the Grand and they said they hope to be at Travis Air force base soon. Travis is about 60 miles from San Francisco - as others have said 'how many buses would that take'

I count 14 pallets of supplies, which they wouldn't need to deliver if they were docking somewhere asap.  I'm guessing another night cruising in circles for these poor people.  

4 minutes ago, springfire said:

That's the part I am trying to understand 

???

15 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

From what IV’e read they were told to wait while their luggage was removed from the ship and once it was ready they could leave to go get it.

you know there are only so many crises that one line can handle at any one time. ...DP is far from over, GP is unfolding and just begun and now this RP with really no explanation given to all these people waiting who now cannot leave.  Princess needs a serious crisis management team....their top brass must be really to explode.

18 minutes ago, glam mistress said:

Im waiting on this one as I was on the 2/22 Royal cruise with the same crew member

3 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

you know there are only so many crises that one line can handle at any one time. ...DP is far from over, GP is unfolding and just begun and now this RP with really no explanation given to all these people waiting who now cannot leave.  Princess needs a serious crisis management team....their top brass must be really to explode.

No kidding and don't forget about the Panorama that is still on hold and passengers in lobby waiting. Just told another hour minimum. It's really only a matter of time before this strikes every cruise line based on statistics of community spread.

4 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

you know there are only so many crises that one line can handle at any one time. ...

Cruise Critic and the forum moderators are also dealing with a lot right now. 

They all deserve thanks for helping keep people informed and giving a voice to those caught up in the events of today. 

((((Moderators))))

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, WIDisCruiser said:

Water and protective supplies. No other info Captain back on at 9. 

41410FA6-1A0E-42F9-9BFE-EF50B3811EBB.jpeg

Wow, cruising will never be the same again, LOL

Edited by chipmaster

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Sorry your news isn’t very good in Ohio.  The Maryland cases came from an Egyptian cruise.   This was on the news yesterday AM in Maryland.   Glad you have canceled your Oct. cruise, we were thinking of .

Looks like Florida has a couple of people from that cruise too. ☹️

4 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

probably will start on flights too...especially long hauls...I can just see it coming into JFK...one passenger presented with symptoms mid flight from Rome or elsewhere and all passengers have to sit on plane for hours while that person is tested...if they can find a test kit!

Yup airlines and airports are extremely high risk. Buses, Trains & Subways too.

1 hour ago, Boatdrill said:

If the cruise lines are shut down , then the airlines should be also. 

How many ships have had trouble with the virus ? TWO ships out of 17 for Princess, and ONE ship out of 15 for Holland America.   Tens of thousands of passengers and crew are sailing on cruise ships right now and haven't had reported issues. 

It's important to keep some perspective.   About 10 thousand crew and passengers on the three ships you refer to, can't or couldn't go home. Do you want to tell them to have some perspective.

8 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Perhaps this is the person they took off the ship already? I sure hope so.

I think they also took a couple off?

News is reporting that the critically ill passenger transported was the lady with stage 4 cancer who was concerned about missing her next scheduled chemo.

1 hour ago, 2beaglesmom said:

When you call the regular princess 800 number the first thing they offer is a link to someone to help connect you to the grand princess You might try that

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did and that turned out to be an exercise in futility! However, she actually HAD left me the correct number, it seems, but so far I haven’t gotten through. Thank you all for your help.