Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

My daughter is on this ship (inside cabin). Food service has been slow and selections have been reduced somewhat, but she says there has been no shortage of food for them. Regardless, they are not very hungry because all they are doing is sitting around in their cabin.

5 minutes ago, releck97 said:

My daughter is on this ship (inside cabin). Food service has been slow and selections have been reduced somewhat, but she says there has been no shortage of food for them. Regardless, they are not very hungry because all they are doing is sitting around in their cabin.

Hugs and prayers you will see her soon!!

12 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think Oakland is a logical choice.  So many of these passengers on San Francisco based sailings are from the area.   For those that test negative, I wonder if there is any room in their policies for some self imposed quarantines at home.  It’s already in the community spread phase in California anyway....not that more is better but seems like the cat is already out of the bag.  

The cat is out of the bag, but slowing the spread through self-quarantine/social distancing is important. We would rather have 100 cases hitting our hospitals today and 100 in 2 weeks, than 200 today. 

Is this WCKitchen Team a charity or do they expect payment from Princess or the US Government ? I believe they assisted re food in the Diamond Princess incident.

My best wishes to all pax and crew on board Grand Princess.  Please, 'Come Back New.'

Edited by NSWP

they seem to be a volunteer run operation and were in Yokohama, Puerto Rico etc.  It sure seems like someone should make a substantial contribution to their organization...what challenging work to supply a cruise ship this large.

2 minutes ago, kathy49 said:

they seem to be a volunteer run operation and were in Yokohama, Puerto Rico etc.  It sure seems like someone should make a substantial contribution to their organization...what challenging work to supply a cruise ship this large.

Thank you, it seems they do great work in emergencies, as you said someone should 'chip in' with a substantial donation.

1 minute ago, OceanPatter said:

Thank you, chengkp75, for your continued presence on these boards and for your incredible knowledge.

I agree, he has amazing knowledge of maritime technology, I think he is/was a ship's engineer/ships technical officer, something like that.

10 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

The Grand is heading north toward GGB right now, I can see her from my window

Pointed that way, but speed is under a knot.  

Edited by Boatdrill
30 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Two large ships alongside her, maybe a tiny tug up front, not sure

ETA yes there’s a tiny boat up front, likely the pilot Drake

Drake is about 10 nm away from Grand, which is about 20 nm out from the GGB. The Miss Tammy is alongside Grand along with what appears to be some other unidentified vessel. Miss Tammy is the smaller craft which appears to be sitting inside of the other vessel.

Perhaps that's a USCG vessel?

MarineTraffic is acting strange...

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 7.21.39 PM.png

Edited by Outerdog