Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

No harm, its the American way and some lawyer is working it for the settlement, LOL

Surprised only a million, must be a newbie lawyer

13 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

As for the other lady, I can’t imagine anyone would administer chemo to someone who may have been recently exposed to the virus. It may seen harsh but going on the cruise was not her best decision under the circumstances and timing.

Why shouldn't she have gone on the cruise ? 

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

You know not in this discussion but I have to agree with Kathy the price is getting high and then they have you hostage for any drinks. Which we like on Vacation.

We are looking at land vacations at least there we can get to a store. 

?

Were no other passengers/crew on the Grand texted beyond the initial 46(?)? 

Has anybody seen any reports of positive or (hopefully) negative tests results since then? 

Hopefully at least the crew has been tested if they are planning to keep everyone on board at sea soon. 😞

4 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

Why shouldn't she have gone on the cruise ? 

I can’t believe anyone would ask that question. 
Quite obviously, because she is a cancer patient receiving chemo which compromises her immune system and taking a cruise greatly increases her chances of catching communicable diseases including and beyond COVID-19. 
She had a chemo appointment scheduled that was dependent on getting off the ship around the scheduled time when it was known that a quarantine could delay getting off the ship from a few days to a couple of weeks (based on widely publicized Diamond Princess incident). This could affect her even if she didn’t get infected. If she did get infected, it would extremely dangerous for her. 

It would be stupid to take a cruise now if you have any kind of very critical medical appointment scheduled within 2 weeks after the cruise is supposed to be completed. 

Edited by Jaxweb
18 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

While we may or may not agree with mass quarantine, I thought the condition for them to be taken off the ship was that they would ALL be in quarantine sites.

And I have seen nothing that says they will not be in quarantine at two bases in California or in bases in Texas and Georgia.

The other posts about at-home quarantining have to do with local cases, not the the passengers from the Grand.

6 minutes ago, caribill said:

And I have seen nothing that says they will not be in quarantine at two bases in California or in bases in Texas and Georgia.

The other posts about at-home quarantining have to do with local cases, not the the passengers from the Grand.

The Hot Chicken ladies on the Grand posted yesterday in a video on You Tube that they will be quarantined in their homes in Nevada. Other articles I've read in this thread said that all 49 passengers from Nevada will be quarantined in their homes.

I haven't read about any other states using in-home quarantine for their residents from the Grand, but that doesn't necessarily mean that no other states are doing this.

Edited by ChiCruiser758

We have two long time friends who left the ship yesterday for what the thought was San Antonio. As it turns out, at the last minute, they were re-routed to Miramar but their luggage went to San Antonio.

Hopefully their luggage will get reunited with them today!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Grand was scheduled to dock in Seattle on 1 April for the start of the Alaska cruise season.  The Seattle Port Authority has just refused to let her dock along with the Celebrity Eclipse on 5 April.  It will be interesting to see if she is allowed to dock in Vancouver the next day.  

21 minutes ago, ChiCruiser758 said:

The Hot Chicken ladies on the Grand posted yesterday in a video on You Tube that they will be quarantined in their homes in Nevada. Other articles I've read in this thread said that all 49 passengers from Nevada will be quarantined in their homes.

I haven't read about any other states using in-home quarantine for their residents from the Grand, but that doesn't necessarily mean that no other states are doing this.

And then the question is, if this is true, are they the only ones in their households back in Nevada?  If there are others, shouldn't they also quarantine in the home if they go back to NV?

Not singling them out, but all who are sent home to self quarantine. What if some have elderly parents at home? Do they want to go back un-tested?  

Just confused.

Edited by kimanjo
2 minutes ago, kimanjo said:

And then the question is, if this is true, are they the only ones in their households back in Nevada?  If there are others, shouldn't they also quarantine in the home if they go back to NV?

As far as I can tell from their videos, one sister lives by herself, although her home is attached to her daughter's home by a door. The other sister apparently lives with her husband and son, both of whom shared a stateroom with the two sisters on the Grand.

46 minutes ago, Jaxweb said:

I can’t believe anyone would ask that question. 
Quite obviously, because she is a cancer patient receiving chemo which compromises her immune system and taking a cruise greatly increases her chances of catching communicable diseases including and beyond COVID-19.

She had not started taking chemo yet. The first chemo treatment was scheduled to have been after the cruise was scheduled to end.

1 minute ago, caribill said:

She had not started taking chemo yet. The first chemo treatment was scheduled to have been after the cruise was scheduled to end.

She was on tv though saying something to the effect of being scared of missing her chemo appointment wondering if the cancer will be growing inside her as a result. 

That worry could have been avoided if she didn’t go forward with the cruise with a chemo appointment scheduled shortly after. 

8 minutes  ago, Jaxweb said:    

She was on tv though saying something to the effect of being scared of missing her chemo appointment wondering if the cancer will be growing inside her as a result. 

That worry could have been avoided if she didn’t go forward with the cruise with a chemo appointment scheduled shortly after. 

----

She had not yet started the chmo treatments as she had been waiting for health insurance approval. The appointment she was worried about missing would have been her first treatment.

8 minutes ago, caribill said:

She had not yet started the chmo treatments as she had been waiting for health insurance approval. The appointment she was worried about missing would have been her first treatment.

At the time she boarded, many folks (including the President) were saying not to worry too much about the virus.  Maybe she wanted to get this cruise in since future cruises might be in doubt due to her condition.  

Just heard something fleeting on the news as i was surfing channels where they specifically said one person disembarked and flew home and then tested positive upon reaching home.

Not sure if this is a situation of a local CA resident or neighboring state who's not being sent to one of the AF bases, but it doesn't bode well if people are walking around with a virus just waiting to kick off...suffice it to say i think the original number of 19 crew and 2 passengers is going to grow exponentially in the coming days/weeks