We are booked on the Escape this spring.  What exactly is "Escape the Big Top"?  Is it a show, a dinner show or one of those escape room experiences?  I can't really tell from the description on NCL's website and I haven't seen it mentioned here.  Thanks to anyone who knows.

It's billed as an escape room; it's not quite the immersive experience that we've seen in escape rooms on land.  It's more like a group of ten or twelve people per table solving puzzles and assembling various clues to get to the end.  I had a lot of fun with it 🙂 

Not a dinner show.  No food is served.  No performers involved; the circus MC is a recorded voice.  There will be a member of the cruise staff running the activity & answering questions.  

4 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Thanks very much for the clarification.  We've done the escape room thing on land.  Our (adult) kids enjoyed it but DH and I really didn't. 

If you enjoy puzzles, it's a fun hour. Sign up at Headliners on embarkation day. It sells out quickly, but they will take standbys at each event. 

Solve the puzzles to get to the final box and the final puzzle that lies inside. 

image.png.e688795b78e3f69cb5285d4ba914a8e3.png

We did it this past week and felt it was more generic puzzle solving than an escape room.  You basically had 6 different puzzles to solve and once you did you could open the box in the middle of the room.

It was still fun but not what we expected.  There was too much chaos of multiple teams working on the same puzzles and your own team trying to work on 6 things at a time.

We did it, it was fun. It was definitely different that typical escape rooms on land. Lots of papers and prices.  I did get to unlock the box for our team 🙂 the one thing I didn't like that wasn't enforced was waiting in line behind several young kids that just tried different number combinations to try to open the box-I'm talking 10-12 tries each. We won some shirts and water bottles.