Guacamole Class on Oasis of the Seas

We just did the Guacamole Class on Oasis of the Seas.

It was held in Giovannis Table and was well attended. There were several children who appeared to have fun.

They had us seated at a large u shaped table with the "instructor" at a small table where he was viewable by everyone.

We were given Peach Margaritas with refills offered.

We were each given a "chefs hat" to wear and everyone was a good sport and donned their hat and got in the spirit of the event.

The instructor explained the process of making the Guacamole with a tutorial of how to choose the best avacados, tomatoes and the ingredients that they use in the Sabor recipe. He was informative and I learned some useful information.

We each got an avacado and the ingredients and mixed and prepared our own guac at our table. Chips were provided and we enjoyed our guac and our margaritas. 

The cost was $35 and lasted about an hour, 1030-1130

We were able to return to Giovannis Table after 12noon for an included lunch. The only additional cost was the tip for lunch and any drinks with lunch.

It was an enjoyable way to spend a few hours on a sea day and was well worth the $35

• Thanks 1

I'm sailing Harmony in a few weeks and the description says it includes a "Chef selected lunch menu featuring Sabor's most popular dishes."  What were you served at Giovanni's?  Does anyone know what the lunch menu includes at Sabor?

If there is a Sabor on the ship I would assume the lunch is in Sabor. There is no Sabor on Oasis so ours was held in Giovannis. We were able to choose our own selections from the Giovannis  lunch menu.

We reserved on the cruise planner prior to our cruise.

Seems like a good deal for $35. My DH isn’t interested, would I feel out of place doing it solo? For the Giovanni lunch did they have a table set up just for those doing the class or do you sit anywhere.? Is the lunch menu the same as if you went there for lunch on your own?

1 minute ago, LorraineP said:

Seems like a good deal for $35. My DH isn’t interested, would I feel out of place doing it solo? For the Giovanni lunch did they have a table set up just for those doing the class or do you sit anywhere.? Is the lunch menu the same as if you went there for lunch on your own?

I wouldn't have felt out of place on my own. You sit at a community table set up specifically for the class and there was a lot of friendly interaction with the other participants. 

Your husband could accompany you when you go back to get your lunch.

We were able to order off the regular lunch menu.

I thought it was a great deal at $35 and it was fun😊

2 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I wouldn't have felt out of place on my own. You sit at a community table set up specifically for the class and there was a lot of friendly interaction with the other participants. 

Your husband could accompany you when you go back to get your lunch.

We were able to order off the regular lunch menu.

I thought it was a great deal at $35 and it was fun😊

Just looked in my cruise planner & don’t see that on the Oasis Giovanni is opened for lunch. 

1 hour ago, PJDH4 said:

I'm sailing Harmony in a few weeks and the description says it includes a "Chef selected lunch menu featuring Sabor's most popular dishes."  What were you served at Giovanni's?  Does anyone know what the lunch menu includes at Sabor?

Hi, I just got off of the Harmony on Sunday and I did do the Guac class.  We were given the lunch menu and told that we could pick anything off of the menu that was given out to us.  I had the steak quesadillas and husband had pork tacos.  We had a choice of a margarita or beer to drink.  It was held at Sabor which is on Deck 6 at the Boardwalk.  Don't know about the other Guac classes held on other ships but for the class we attended, the ingredients were already prepared and the guy who did the class pretty much put all the ingredients together and all we did was mash it up and add more spices according to taste.  The Guac was absolutely delicious but would have preferred to have had more hands on in making the Guac.  This class is held at 10:30 am so don't eat too much for breakfast as what is given here is filling.

16 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

It is open for lunch but is not available to reserve in the cruise planner.

16 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

It is open for lunch but is not available to reserve in the cruise planner.

If I do class by myself will I just sit alone then for lunch

43 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

If I do class by myself will I just sit alone then for lunch

When you return for lunch you would be by yourself unless your husband comes with you to keep you company.

You would not be alone for the class as everyone sits at a community table where everyone was very friendly.

14 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

When you return for lunch you would be by yourself unless your husband comes with you to keep you company.

You would not be alone for the class as everyone sits at a community table where everyone was very friendly.

14 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Thank you so much I will book & my DH will join me for lunch. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LorraineP said:

I did it on Allure and had a great time by myself.

14 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you so much I will book & my DH will join me for lunch. 

After the class is over ask when you should return for lunch. We were told after 12noon.

When you return for lunch remind them that you were part of the class so they are aware not to charge you for lunch.

18 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

We just did the Guacamole Class on Oasis of the Seas.

It was held in Giovannis Table and was well attended. There were several children who appeared to have fun.

They had us seated at a large u shaped table with the "instructor" at a small table where he was viewable by everyone.

We were given Peach Margaritas with refills offered.

Now I understand why the kids had fun. 😎🍹

28 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

After the class is over ask when you should return for lunch. We were told after 12noon.

When you return for lunch remind them that you were part of the class so they are aware not to charge you for lunch.

Thank you. Booked it for 5/29 on the Oasis. 

• Like 1