Jump to content

Impossible to schedule tours for upcoming Cruise


Recommended Posts

Cruise ID EXP200921A

Southampton to Venice

9/21/2020

I have been trying to book free tours on this cruse but unfortunately the process does not work, for me. Off and on for the last 3 weeks I have been trying to use the booking procedure. I select the tour and the time then select “add to cart”. I made the mistake of assuming it was recorded. I then select additional tours after 4 selections I noticed that the number of “excursions” selected was zero (0). I went to “check out” and sure enough no excursions were present. I did this several times over the past weeks, each time with the same results. My patience finally wore out (I can’t believe it took this long🙁) and I called RSSC when I explained this to the “advisor”, his solution was that I write down all the tours that I wanted (with multiple selections) for each port. I am assuming he had the itinerary in front of him since I gave him our booking number. There 24 ports that we visit, and I was astonished that the {expletive deleted} wanted me to identify the tours and write them down along with alternate selections and send them to him he would record them for me. I unceremoniously told him to report this foul up and get it fixed, then hung up.

I posted this in the roll call first. I want to see what a broader audience would bring posting here.

Now I am using Windows 10 on a Surface platform with EDGE. I used Ccleaner and remove internet Cache and Internet history, and cookies (not the ones I use). For good measure I rebooted. The results were the same I could not save the tours I wanted. It was suggested I use Google Chrome and I did and use the same process. I received the identical results.

 

I then used our Dell desktop applying the same procedures and there were no differences in the outcomes!

 

I finally contacted my TA and explained my issues. Well he tried and received the same problems, the tour requests were not recorded!  Well he has a contact at RSSC and the she suggested he compiled a list of the tour codes and times and send them to her. That only took us about 45 minutes; so we will see what happens. You know have a great TA when he will take the time to go the extra mile.😀

I cannot understand how RSSC can market a great product and have such a poor WEB presence🤬. It almost makes me want to use a different cruise line not really, but I wish they would get there act together .

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JohnM65 said:

Cruise ID EXP200921A

 

Southampton to Venice

 

9/21/2020

I have been trying to book free tours on this cruse but unfortunately the process does not work, for me. Off and on for the last 3 weeks I have been trying to use the booking procedure. I select the tour and the time then select “add to cart”. I made the mistake of assuming it was recorded. I then select additional tours after 4 selections I noticed that the number of “excursions” selected was zero (0). I went to “check out” and sure enough no excursions were present. I did this several times over the past weeks, each time with the same results. My patience finally wore out (I can’t believe it took this long🙁) and I called RSSC when I explained this to the “advisor”, his solution was that I write down all the tours that I wanted (with multiple selections) for each port. I am assuming he had the itinerary in front of him since I gave him our booking number. There 24 ports that we visit, and I was astonished that the {expletive deleted} wanted me to identify the tours and write them down along with alternate selections and send them to him he would record them for me. I unceremoniously told him to report this foul up and get it fixed, then hung up.

I posted this in the roll call first. I want to see what a broader audience would bring posting here.

Now I am using Windows 10 on a Surface platform with EDGE. I used Ccleaner and remove internet Cache and Internet history, and cookies (not the ones I use). For good measure I rebooted. The results were the same I could not save the tours I wanted. It was suggested I use Google Chrome and I did and use the same process. I received the identical results.

 

I then used our Dell desktop applying the same procedures and there were no differences in the outcomes!

 

I finally contacted my TA and explained my issues. Well he tried and received the same problems, the tour requests were not recorded!  Well he has a contact at RSSC and the she suggested he compiled a list of the tour codes and times and send them to her. That only took us about 45 minutes; so we will see what happens. You know have a great TA when he will take the time to go the extra mile.😀

 

I cannot understand how RSSC can market a great product and have such a poor WEB presence🤬. It almost makes me want to use a different cruise line not really, but I wish they would get there act together .

 

I'm glad your TA was able to send the list to Regent. I am sure the tours will be booked. I still don't understand why you were having so much trouble but if it gets resolved it will be good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sharle said:

I'm glad your TA was able to send the list to Regent. I am sure the tours will be booked. I still don't understand why you were having so much trouble but if it gets resolved it will be good.

 

Well in 4 hours my TA and RSSC were able to get all the tours we requested. 😀😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

When we book a long cruise, we ask Regent for a PDF file of the excursions. Then we note the ones we want and call them in. Regent books them while on the phone with us. Yes, it would be nicer if Regent had enough server resources to load their website pages faster but I can't fix that. Perhaps the PDF idea will help someone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pcardad said:

When we book a long cruise, we ask Regent for a PDF file of the excursions. Then we note the ones we want and call them in. Regent books them while on the phone with us. Yes, it would be nicer if Regent had enough server resources to load their website pages faster but I can't fix that. Perhaps the PDF idea will help someone.

Exactly this is the way to do this, I have posted on this topic on many occasions. Phone in and talk to a human do not rely on online methods, it always works well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JohnM65 said:

I select the tour and the time then select “add to cart”. I made the mistake of assuming it was recorded. I then select additional tours after 4 selections I noticed that the number of “excursions” selected was zero (0). I went to “check out” and sure enough no excursions were present. I did this several times over the past weeks, each time with the same results.

This happened to me months ago when i tried to book our excursions for our 8/28 cruise (January 1). It seems it still hasn't been fixed. I got my excursions booked with an agent over the phone. Not really as handy as online when it is working. As well we missed out on one of the excursions we wanted and they weren't taking waitlists for that particular excursion. 

 

It is hard for me to believe that they can't get something this straightforward fixed. The process worked in the past don't know how they managed to screw it up when they launched the new website. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, Pcardad said:

When we book a long cruise, we ask Regent for a PDF file of the excursions. Then we note the ones we want and call them in. Regent books them while on the phone with us. Yes, it would be nicer if Regent had enough server resources to load their website pages faster but I can't fix that. Perhaps the PDF idea will help someone.

 

On 3/4/2020 at 6:45 AM, GrJ Berks said:

Exactly this is the way to do this, I have posted on this topic on many occasions. Phone in and talk to a human do not rely on online methods, it always works well.

 

On 3/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

This happened to me months ago when i tried to book our excursions for our 8/28 cruise (January 1). It seems it still hasn't been fixed. I got my excursions booked with an agent over the phone. Not really as handy as online when it is working. As well we missed out on one of the excursions we wanted and they weren't taking waitlists for that particular excursion. 

 

It is hard for me to believe that they can't get something this straightforward fixed. The process worked in the past don't know how they managed to screw it up when they launched the new website. 

 

I have not had trouble before this, so it was not necessary for me to search for solutions. I am glad that is another option which we will use on our 2021 cruise. All is well now.

I totally agree with 1982Cruz.... it appears to me that regent's developers do not adhere to "best practices" I.e. regression testing! I wonder if they are rejects from Boeing. 😮

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

I went through the same issues earlier this year when trying to schedule excursions. I tried on both a MAC and a Dell PC with the same results as you. Regents' website for scheduling excursions is pathetic. I finally gave up around 1 AM and called first thing the next morning. At that time, a couple of my desired excursions were wait listed and I was in a concierge class cabin. Why bother with a website which doesn't work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

I went through the same issues earlier this year when trying to schedule excursions. I tried on both a MAC and a Dell PC with the same results as you. Regents' website for scheduling excursions is pathetic. I finally gave up around 1 AM and called first thing the next morning. At that time, a couple of my desired excursions were wait listed and I was in a concierge class cabin. Why bother with a website which doesn't work. 

I recently reserved for 1/20/21 Explorer for 47 days (yes, "Hope Springs Eternal); had an impossible time on Chrome. Went to MicroSoft ("Bing"?) browser and sailed through in less than a hour - Yes, I prepped via the Regent E-mail list.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...