MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

Wow! I'm in the UK. Which UK company are you thinking of? The only one I can think of is Cruise and Maritime. Hopefully they'll be covered by travel insurance, Section 75 on their credit card (and by ABTA if they bought in the UK). 

It seems most claims are settled but waiting is usual. Since no-one's going anywhere at the moment a delay's not too disastrous. I had a couple of claims with MSC and P and O finding Section 75 quickest. Normally they'd have to claim first off the cruise company or agents but whatever works - they won't get something off each! 

C&M good offers 2 4 1's but line erm debatable, old ships, few balconies etc but some friends (were) very happy to sail with them. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by Intergalactic Cruiser
typo

37 minutes ago, Intergalactic Cruiser said:

Wow! I'm in the UK. Which UK company are you thinking of? The only one I can think of is Cruise and Maritime. Hopefully they'll be covered by travel insurance, Section 75 on their credit card (and by ABTA if they bought in the UK). 

It seems most claims are settled but waiting is usual. Since no-one's going anywhere at the moment a delay's not too disastrous. I had a couple of claims with MSC and P and O finding Section 75 quickest. Normally they'd have to claim first off the cruise company or agents but whatever works - they won't get something off each! 

C&M good offers 2 4 1's but line erm debatable, old ships, few balconies etc but some friends (were) very happy to sail with them. Fingers crossed! 

Yes, that is who it was.  She put the deposit on a bank card (debit card, not credit card) and had changed banks.  She thought that was one of the reasons it was taking so long.  We are American so I don't think she will be eligible for that travel protection that those in the UK have.  She said she put in a claim, although I am not sure what she means  by that exactly.