Cruise Critic Community
HappyValley3

St. George First Time Questions

We have never been to St. George.   Some quick questions.  Thanks in advance.

Thinking of taking the ferry from the dockyard for our transportation.  

Does anyone know if they still have horse carriage rides, where do I find them and what times?  

Also, the dunking of the wench time.  

We would like to eat lunch at The Swizzle Inn.

You can take the ferry on any weekday. It is the best way to get there from the Dockyard. What cruise line are you on? ( If you are on NCL they run a complimentary ferry for NCL passengers)

The horse carriage rides are from the town square. She runs them back and forth from there. If you want to arrange a specific time there is a phone number here. https://www.gotobermuda.com/profile/bronco-stables-horse-and-carriage-bermuda/903

The wench ducking reneactment begins at 12:00 noon and ends about 12:30. Also in the town square. 

You can get to the Swizzle Inn by taxi or public bus. There are four bus routes from St. George's that go by the Swizzle Inn. 

Posted (edited)

FYI depending on your dates traveling, I read somewhere Dunking of the wench is not year round. We are going in April and I know it is not performing then. 

Edited by Snagler
Spelling error

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Snagler said:

FYI depending on your dates traveling, I read somewhere Dunking of the wench is not year round. We are going in April and I know it is not performing then. 

Where did you get that information? They have been doing it year round. During the cruise season April to November the only days they don’t do it are on Friday and Sunday. In the winter season they have been doing it on Wednesday and Saturday. 

Edited by Charles4515

23 hours ago, Snagler said:

Theres usually a handful of wench dunkings onboard your ship at the pool throughout the week in case you miss the official one shoreside!

16 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Theres usually a handful of wench dunkings onboard your ship at the pool throughout the week in case you miss the official one shoreside!

😱 

3 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Good one!   lol