price/reductions questions

My mom and i always book a HC oceanview room on RCCI because she uses a scooter. At the time of purchase aren't they the same price as regular oceanview rooms? My issue is when there is a price drop. We can never get it because the other handicapped rooms are booked so technically that category is sold out.

Any insight would be helpful.

Interesting. I haven't tried it, but at least on Celebrity, our accessible cabin has the same category name as the regular cabins. So our Aquaclass cabin is an A1, same at the non HC one next to it. So on our recent cruise, there wasn't a price drop, but they added 3 perks the day after I booked. They did give me those perks.

If you are before final payment, why not cancel and immediately rebook? Would that work?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 2:19 PM, GRBlizz said:

Interesting. I haven't tried it, but at least on Celebrity, our accessible cabin has the same category name as the regular cabins. So our Aquaclass cabin is an A1, same at the non HC one next to it. So on our recent cruise, there wasn't a price drop, but they added 3 perks the day after I booked. They did give me those perks.

If you are before final payment, why not cancel and immediately rebook? Would that work?

it might work but i wouldn't know the cost until it was canceled. It could possibly be more. I will see if there are any other cancelations, that might be a good option.

I have not had that problem with Princess. When I book an accessible cabin I pay whatever is asked for at that time. If there is a price drop and any cabin is available in my category, accessible or not, I am able to refare. If in your shoes I would ask to speak with a supervisor if there is a standard cabin available as it seems wrong that they don't refare you if you are before final payment