Jump to content

Cancelling 10 days out


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

New vs old info.

Last night there were several cc members discussing emails they received from rcl.  Basically said if you have a fever do Not show up at the terminal.  Call and they will process a FCC 

Basically this is giving everyone an out to simply call the day before or day of their cruise to call and say they have fever or other symptoms and they will get a fcc.

If you show up at terminal and denied boarding you will get full refund.

Good to hear they dont want people showing up that may have flu or virus and stand in line with everyone else.

I think offering a fcc is a great business move on their part.

So if you truly dont want to go now stay home and call and get fcc instead of cancelling and losing $$$$.

I am sure their phone lines will be very busy with this new option.  It is not posted on their website only emailed so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

 

Obviously we are at different view points about protecting our babies and young children from the possibility of contracting an illness that not a lot is known about.

Yeah, I'm not paranoid. And they do in fact know that kids aren't affected by it. Science is like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NJBill said:

Would the drink package continue during a quarantine period?

Great question- I may need it!!  Lol

so Princess ya now giving 100 percent FCC .  Hopefully royal will too!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night there were several cc members discussing emails they received from rcl.  Basically said if you have a fever do Not show up at the terminal.  Call and they will process a FCC 

Basically this is giving everyone an out to simply call the day before or day of their cruise to call and say they have fever or other symptoms and they will get a fcc.

If you show up at terminal and denied boarding you will get full refund.

Good to hear they dont want people showing up that may have flu or virus and stand in line with everyone else.

I think offering a fcc is a great business move on their part.

So if you truly dont want to go now stay home and call and get fcc instead of cancelling and losing $$$$.

I am sure their phone lines will be very busy with this new option.  It is not posted on their website only emailed so far.

Ahahahahaha you're right and I stand corrected!! I had the old news.......this is the new stuff. Royal really does NOT WANT to be issuing any refunds. Even if they deny you boarding you still only get an FCC. WOW. My prediction......Cruising will be much more expensive when all this blows over. 

 

Over the last few weeks, we’ve implemented new and enhanced health & safety protocols, along with travel regulations, to ensure we maintain a healthy environment onboard as developments related to coronavirus COVID-19 continue to change globally. While we continue to assess the impact, we’ve decided to add a new health screening which supports all our initiatives put in place to help keep you healthy & safe!

So, starting March 6th, 2020 on all Royal Caribbean International ships, mandatory temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests and crewmembers on embarkation day. If your temperature is above 100.4°F or 38° C, you and those in your party will undergo a secondary health screening. Temperatures will be taken with a digital, no-touch thermometer. So, no need to worry.

If you require a secondary screening, this is what you can expect:

  • Your temperature will be checked again.
    • You’ll undergo a pulse oximetry reading. This means, a small device will be placed on your finger to measure your oxygen level.
  • If you happen to have a chronic lung illness, like asthma, please bring a letter from your medical practitioner that indicates your normal baseline oxygen saturation levels. This will help ensure you are not denied boarding if you are healthy otherwise.
  • Then, a medical professional will check you for flu-like symptoms, respiratory illness, etc., and would make a final assessment to understand if you’re fit to sail.

If it is decided that we must unfortunately deny you boarding, you’ll receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any precruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment.

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didnt see anything on email about needing a doctors note but when I read email I wondered if they would ask for that when you call.  That should pretty easy for most people to get especially if they are considered a high risk for illness.

Are any cruise lines simply refunding for cancelling after final payment?

Most airlines are offering future credits for flight changes from what I read on some of their websites.  

Remember it is a business and we all sign agree to contract terms when we purchase so I think offering a fcc instead of nothing is a great business decision on their part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dssking said:

As he said earlier......some may not agree.  However, my spin on this it's VERY similar to the flu.  Same mortality rate.  It's media propaganda.  It's like the news - watch it and then formulate your own opinion.  

 

Covid-19 mortality rate is 3.4%, 2019 flu mortality rate was .0052%

 

You said something about propaganda? Too many people providing answers about stuff they know nothing about is a huge part of the problem. More information than you can possible want is out there freely available. For stats I look at www.worldometer.com 

 

Reddit has an awesome sub that is heavily moderated to keep false answers like the one given by dssking tamped down.

 

www.reddit.com/r/CoronaVirus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

New vs old info.

Like I said, it was a confusion over the term refund that Royal used.  They seem to have clarified it.

 

Over the last few weeks, we’ve implemented new and enhanced health & safety protocols, along with travel regulations, to ensure we maintain a healthy environment onboard as developments related to coronavirus COVID-19 continue to change globally. While we continue to assess the impact, we’ve decided to add a new health screening which supports all our initiatives put in place to help keep you healthy & safe!

So, starting March 6th, 2020 on all Royal Caribbean International ships, mandatory temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests and crewmembers on embarkation day. If your temperature is above 100.4°F or 38° C, you and those in your party will undergo a secondary health screening. Temperatures will be taken with a digital, no-touch thermometer. So, no need to worry.

If you require a secondary screening, this is what you can expect:

  • Your temperature will be checked again.
    • You’ll undergo a pulse oximetry reading. This means, a small device will be placed on your finger to measure your oxygen level.
  • If you happen to have a chronic lung illness, like asthma, please bring a letter from your medical practitioner that indicates your normal baseline oxygen saturation levels. This will help ensure you are not denied boarding if you are healthy otherwise.
  • Then, a medical professional will check you for flu-like symptoms, respiratory illness, etc., and would make a final assessment to understand if you’re fit to sail.

If it is decided that we must unfortunately deny you boarding, you’ll receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any precruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment.

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Like I said, it was a confusion over the term refund that Royal used.  They seem to have clarified it.

 

Over the last few weeks, we’ve implemented new and enhanced health & safety protocols, along with travel regulations, to ensure we maintain a healthy environment onboard as developments related to coronavirus COVID-19 continue to change globally. While we continue to assess the impact, we’ve decided to add a new health screening which supports all our initiatives put in place to help keep you healthy & safe!

So, starting March 6th, 2020 on all Royal Caribbean International ships, mandatory temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests and crewmembers on embarkation day. If your temperature is above 100.4°F or 38° C, you and those in your party will undergo a secondary health screening. Temperatures will be taken with a digital, no-touch thermometer. So, no need to worry.

If you require a secondary screening, this is what you can expect:

  • Your temperature will be checked again.
    • You’ll undergo a pulse oximetry reading. This means, a small device will be placed on your finger to measure your oxygen level.
  • If you happen to have a chronic lung illness, like asthma, please bring a letter from your medical practitioner that indicates your normal baseline oxygen saturation levels. This will help ensure you are not denied boarding if you are healthy otherwise.
  • Then, a medical professional will check you for flu-like symptoms, respiratory illness, etc., and would make a final assessment to understand if you’re fit to sail.

If it is decided that we must unfortunately deny you boarding, you’ll receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any precruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment.

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

Yup, turns out it was I who had the old info. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, HalfHand said:

 

Covid-19 mortality rate is 3.4%, 2019 flu mortality rate was .0052%

 

You said something about propaganda? Too many people providing answers about stuff they know nothing about is a huge part of the problem. More information than you can possible want is out there freely available. For stats I look at www.worldometer.com 

 

Reddit has an awesome sub that is heavily moderated to keep false answers like the one given by dssking tamped down.

 

www.reddit.com/r/CoronaVirus

That is also based on known cases.  Apparently a lot of people have none or minor symptoms which means they won't go see a Dr or get tested.  That skews the death rate numbers too.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mapleleafforever said:

Yup, turns out it was I who had the old info. 

Not necessarily old, just ambiguous.  Royal kept putting out information with the word refund when the really meant FCC.  To top it off it depended on where you looked for the information as at one point they were using both terms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BND said:

That is also based on known cases.  Apparently a lot of people have none or minor symptoms which means they won't go see a Dr or get tested.  That skews the death rate numbers too.  

 

...and then you have the people who with FACTS from the CDC's own numbers will look at them and say "oh, that can't be right" and bury their heads further in the sand. It's okay, though, if this goes really bad we will see them interviewed on the news later asking "Why didn't someone let us know?".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it any wonder why people post something on here and then it's wrong 5 minutes later?  Royal keeps changing their advisory.  Last night it was, don't come to their pier, call and this morning it is gone.  Why can't ROYAL CARIBBEAN make up their minds?  For what it worth (not much) we're due to sail in 2 weeks and have had 0 emails from the cruise line about the virus, only to print our set sail pass or download their app.  I understand things are changing, but set a policy so we understand what we will lose if we don't go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, HalfHand said:

 

...and then you have the people who with FACTS from the CDC's own numbers will look at them and say "oh, that can't be right" and bury their heads further in the sand. It's okay, though, if this goes really bad we will see them interviewed on the news later asking "Why didn't someone let us know?".

 

And the WHO says there isnt' enough data to give an exact answer to the number.  But, the facts are a lot of people have mild symptoms.  You want everyone to think you're an expert.  I say, relax.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, b_cruise said:

What $ will I Lose? My TA doesn’t seem to respond to my emails. Ugh. I realize must of it but what about 

 

port fees?

tax?

gratuities?

Did you see this new information from RC? https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/72/royal-caribbean-group-adopts-ldquocruise-with-confidencerdquo-policy-allowing-cancellations-up-to-48-hours-before-sailing/?fbclid=IwAR18e0d5BqH2T2Rmi4zR3J2X1ns0VpxShp47ud-RCiW0MkpQ3owYxmKZsAs

 

Edited by ptf2009
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If you are healthy and under 80 I would still go. 

 

 

unfortunately I am the biggest germaphobe and being a captive audience will probably give me a nervous breakdown.

 

If I start seeing notices being passed around about potential problem, I honestly don't know what I would do.

 

I'm not a cruiser anyways, I go for my husband.  haha

Edited by Emmabelle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

These FCC's are only good through 2021.....if you haven't booked for next year yet do it soon.....prices are about to skyrocket I suspect. And prepay your gratuities cause those will probably be going up as well. 

It’s all supply and demand. If anything, I expect prices to decrease in short term until this false fear of cruising dies down.  If everyone does start booking for 2021 then prices could go up, but seems improbable. Companies can’t simply raise prices to recover loses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Heymarco said:

It’s all supply and demand. If anything, I expect prices to decrease in short term until this false fear of cruising dies down.  If everyone does start booking for 2021 then prices could go up, but seems improbable. Companies can’t simply raise prices to recover loses. 

Sure they can, it's called Capitalism. They're currently offering FCC's to people cruising before July 31, 2020 I believe and those FCC's expire at the end of 2021. I fully expect prices to go way up until at least the end of 2021 as people will be stuck....pay a little more for your next cruise or lose your initial cost. The cruise lines will be recouping their money somehow. 

 

If you're over 80 or have a weakened immune system it's definitely not a false fear of cruising. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, b_cruise said:

What $ will I Lose? My TA doesn’t seem to respond to my emails. Ugh. I realize must of it but what about 

 

port fees?

tax?

gratuities?

Go to Royal's website now. They just announced you can cancel up to 48 hours out and get FCC. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...