LIVE! B2B on the Grandeur March 7-27, 2020 with Dragon of the Seas

So that's where the number came from.

We're scheduled to cruise April 16th and have not been notified that it's cancelled but I'm sure it will be.  We couldn't go anyway since I would not be able to get a doctors note.  I have asthma.

Hope you enjoy your last day on board tomorrow.

Edited by dixieva

11 minutes ago, dixieva said:

So that's where the number came from.

We're scheduled to cruise April 16th and have not been notified that it's cancelled but I'm sure it will be.  We couldn't go anyway since I would not be able to get a doctors note.  I have asthma.

Hope you enjoy your last day on board tomorrow.

I don't think any of us will be able to get a doctor to sign the note. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, aqualibra said:

This outbreak on the Grandeur is on the CDC website: 89 Total - 6 crew and 83 passengers.

The Grandeur is consulting with CDC on plans for their comprehensive sanitation procedures in Baltimore, MD, on March 19, 2020, including

• Planning staged disembarkation for active cases to limit the opportunity of illness transmission to well guests.
  • Planning sanitation of terminal and transport infection control procedures.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2020/Grandeur_3-7.html

This is the article

35 minutes ago, aqualibra said:

This outbreak on the Grandeur is on the CDC website: 89 Total - 6 crew and 83 passengers.

The Grandeur is consulting with CDC on plans for their comprehensive sanitation procedures in Baltimore, MD, on March 19, 2020, including

• Planning staged disembarkation for active cases to limit the opportunity of illness transmission to well guests.
  • Planning sanitation of terminal and transport infection control procedures.

I did not realize that the CDC published those figures.  I knew the ship has to report them to the CDC.  Thanks for posting.  It does not make me feel safe and warm. 😕

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I did not realize that the CDC published those figures.  I knew the ship has to report them to the CDC.  Thanks for posting.  It does not make me feel safe and warm. 😕

When we were on the Grandeur and it got the Noro, they actually picked up the CDC in San Juan.  We had close to 200 cases.The cleaning they did was outstanding.  They know how to prevent the spread of the virus.

Edited by retiredgram

27 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

When we were on the Grandeur and it got the Noro, they actually picked up the CDC in San Juan.  We had close to 200 cases.The cleaning they did was outstanding.  They know how to prevent the spread of the virus.

I am glad we do not have that many cases.  However, the 1,700+ passengers we have is less than usual. [I looked it up and the capacity is 2,446.]  So 89 is a significant number of the total. 

I would expect a March cruise to be a few less passengers than capacity since there are more solo cruisers and less children.

20200317_124443.jpg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 1

PS--The picture above was part of a long post that I wrote about today's activities.  The Internet is slooow this evening and Cruise Critic must be having issues too. The post would never load. But this pic keeps showing up. So ignore that pic.  I tried to edit and delete it--but, that did not work either.  

I think I will go to dinner and see if the tech gods are with me later. 😏

• Haha 1

OK I will try again.  Today was St Patrick's Day and all of the activities were tied in the luck of the Irish.

The sun was out and the pool deck was very popular.  It was the first time I was out by the pool.  The band was playing and it felt like a normal cruise. 

The first activity was the belly flop contest.  While there were a couple of pretty good belly flops the elderly Irish man won.  I do not usually enjoy the pool games, but the Activities Director is so good he can make anything fun.20200317_131119.thumb.jpg.4f371d8b831d945d345ea5acd55432a1.jpg

Before I left the pool deck the band got very serious and said we need to take care of one another in the world today and he wanted everyone to join the band in signing the hymn, "How Great Thou Art."  It was a touching  moment.

DH and I had a couple of drinks in the schooner bar before dinner and the trivia was all Irish songs.  [Yum, chocolate martini]

20200315_184131.thumb.jpg.0181a9a1a8fb2abb5c0ba863b7237e27.jpg

After dinner it was time for the Quest.  What happens in the quest--stays in the Quest.  So, I will not describe it to you.  But, everyone was having a good time. 

20200317_221457.thumb.jpg.8980915507eaa200b5c1ad61dbe2c21a.jpg

• Like 3

Greetings from Grandeur!

When we got the noon report from the bridge today, we were told that it came from St. Patrick!😄  Nice to know that will all our ups and downs, our Captain Patrick has been able to maintain his sense of humor.  In addition to all the usual nautical stuff in his report, he shared his 3 favorite Irish proverbs and ended his remarks with an Irish blessing.  Very nice!  The luck of the Irish was surely with us today as we enjoyed a warm sunny day, with mild seas, while there was lots o wearin o the green around the ship.  

The Quest was Irish themed as well this evening.   The pump you up music before the start was all Irish instead of the blasting rock you usually hear.  It was hosted by Cian, in full leprechaun attire, instead of CD David.  As usual, it was a very unique and fun time.

Still awaiting details around our Baltimore arrival and ship departure plans.  Will take it as it comes, as we have the whole of this cruise, and go with the flow.  The comedian on the ship, who has been stuck aboard with us due to missing his transfer ports, made the comment that he had given up ports for Lent.😊   Gotta love it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DELTABLUE said:

Greetings from Grandeur!

When we got the noon report from the bridge today, we were told that it came from St. Patrick!😄  Nice to know that will all our ups and downs, our Captain Patrick has been able to maintain his sense of humor.  In addition to all the usual nautical stuff in his report, he shared his 3 favorite Irish proverbs and ended his remarks with an Irish blessing.  Very nice!  The luck of the Irish was surely with us today as we enjoyed a warm sunny day, with mild seas, while there was lots o wearin o the green around the ship.  

The Quest was Irish themed as well this evening.   The pump you up music before the start was all Irish instead of the blasting rock you usually hear.  It was hosted by Cian, in full leprechaun attire, instead of CD David.  As usual, it was a very unique and fun time.

Still awaiting details around our Baltimore arrival and ship departure plans.  Will take it as it comes, as we have the whole of this cruise, and go with the flow.  The comedian on the ship, who has been stuck aboard with us due to missing his transfer ports, made the comment that he had given up ports for Lent.😊   Gotta love it!

What is the comedian's name?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dixieva said:

Have any of you heard if you'll be quarantined for 14 days when you get back?

My daughter knows someone who just got back from a Caribbean cruise that left from Florida and they are quarantined.

I just got the check-out sheet this morning from our cabin attendant.  It has all of the usual information on it but noting about any special procedures.  It does not even mention a temp check.  Maybe the ship is leaving that to the customs people once we leave the ship.  [no one likes to deliver bad news]

How long were the other people on their cruise?  We will have all been together for 13 days [12 nights]  when this cruise ends. That is almost equal to a quarantine period.  . . . I hope they will tell us before I ask our DD to pick us up. 

8 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Greetings from Grandeur!

Here is that crazy Irishman. ☘️ It is not a great pic--but you get the idea. 😜

20200317_221249.thumb.jpg.2d4fb89d14a6573e9d0d3938e4645fc0.jpg

10 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I just got the check-out sheet this morning from our cabin attendant.  It has all of the usual information on it but noting about any special procedures.  It does not even mention a temp check.  Maybe the ship is leaving that to the customs people once we leave the ship.  [no one likes to deliver bad news]

How long were the other people on their cruise?  We will have all been together for 13 days [12 nights]  when this cruise ends. That is almost equal to a quarantine period.  . . . I hope they will tell us before I ask our DD to pick us up. 

I don't know maybe only 7 days.

Hopefully you'll just check out and go home as usual.  And try to find some toilet paper someplace.  Lol.  Some stores have a lot of bare shelves.

Stay healthy.

We had an issue in our cabin yesterday.  I noticed the night before that there was a small wet spot near the bathroom door.  I thought we might have gotten some water from the shower on the floor. [our shower curtain does not meet the floor] However, by yesterday the rug in front of the closet and all the way to the sofa was wet.  So we reported it to maintenance.  They set up a big blower.

At bed time I had them remove it so we did not trip over it during the night.  . . . and it was soooo loud.  😕

Today is the last day of the cruise--so I will just keep my shoes on in the cabin. They found the leak in a water line in a panel in the hallway outside of our room. We hope they do not bring the blower back. 

20200317_183318.thumb.jpg.b3daaabd1d56a70857a4c356c697c9b2.jpg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

We are all going to have to get ready for the real world.  Here are the children playing together from the Adventure Ocean program. [I took this picture from behind on purpose so you could not see the kids faces--for privacy] 

20200317_132634.thumb.jpg.44167d823877b27b19aedc31419070da.jpg

The adults are used to close contact, too. . . . one thing we have down is washing our hands.  I bet we encounter the hand sanitizer 8-10 times a day and then I wash my hands when I get back to the room to get it off. . . . and again when I leave the cabin.  

20200317_131925.thumb.jpg.9b5da2ef41dc493c846c4d13cc76059e.jpg

It was warm and nice yesterday--but, not so much today. There is not a chair hog in sight.  They are all in the Solarium. HaHa!  🤣 

20200318_092252.thumb.jpg.aa83ec2a35027aef1fb0a6644810e8d7.jpg

DH and I walked through briefly.  We knew there would not be any chairs, but we wanted to see if the water was still sloshing around. [yes--a little]  I spoke to an elderly I sat by a couple of days.  He said he and his DW got there at 6:20am and he found one lounger and another that was wet because it was below a leak in the roof.  He moved both of them to a drier area.  😏

42 minutes ago, DandBcruzin said:

We missed the last Captain update as we were in the movies. Did we miss anything important?

The CD came on at 12:15 and gave some updates on afternoon activities--but, I did not hear the Captain speak.  I could have missed it, but I was listening for it.

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Be patient tomorrow.

On a positive note I got the number 5 for disembark.  The estimated time is 8:30-8:50. The times start at 8:10am with the Royal Caribbean airport transfers.  All numbers are due to be called by 9:30am.  

There is no self-assist disembark tomorrow.  I heard that was because it leads to a large crowd where we leave the ship.  [So we are going to practice social isolation after 12 days? 😊]

There is still no word on what happens to us after we leave the ship.  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DandBcruzin said:

We got 5 too. Hoping it’s the same as when we got on....temp check and Bon voyage,  T minus 18 hours or so to find out.

Fingers crossed!

8 minutes ago, dixieva said:

Safe travels home to you and other friends on board!

And all passengers!

Thanks!