Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

idahospud

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I can't believe seeing people still complaining even after getting this very good offer from Princess.  It only took about 2 hours ... I would predicted it would have taken at least a day.  You can always still go and get some onboard credit to boot!  And, the vacation protection offers a lot more than just cancellation.    

I see most people complaining because Princess decided to exclude their upcoming weekend cruises....not the actual cancellation policy of 100% FCC or some OBC. But Princess still decides I get nothing (FCC or OBC) because my sail date is "less than 72 hours away"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I can't believe seeing people still complaining even after getting this very good offer from Princess.  It only took about 2 hours ... I would predicted it would have taken at least a day.  You can always still go and get some onboard credit to boot!  And, the vacation protection offers a lot more than just cancellation.    

I am not getting anything more than what I currently have since I have Princess insurance. I am told to submit my claim to Aon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I am not getting anything more than what I currently have since I have Princess insurance. I am told to submit my claim to Aon.

Seriously? That's terrible...so they are effectively excluding you from their revised cancellation policy? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cng062000 said:

I see most people complaining because Princess decided to exclude their upcoming weekend cruises....not the actual cancellation policy of 100% FCC or some OBC. But Princess still decides I get nothing (FCC or OBC) because my sail date is "less than 72 hours away"

I think I saw a post that they are revising this to include sailings for this weekend.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you if you are deciding to cancel.    

And yes, I was definitely not seeing your situation as a complaint.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cng062000 said:

Seriously? That's terrible...so they are effectively excluding you from their revised cancellation policy? 

Correct - my email says:

Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

Great to see Princess make this move. They are really being hammered in the PR department lately (Diamond Princess and now the Grand Princess in limbo). I am flabbergasted, however, that they are actually making it more difficult for those who purchased the PVP to avail of this option for future credits. "Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance."

Glad to see given the unfolding crisis that those without insurance are being given this option but why make it more difficult for the PVP purchasers (who will undoubtedly have their claim rejected by the insurer) go through these extra hoops? I would suspect many who have purchased PVP are loyal longstanding Princess customers - the ones who will be most likely return to cruising (and with Princess, in particular), after the dust settles in a few months. This is a unique crisis that could hurt the cruise industry in general for some time to come. I've done 25 plus cruises and this is the first time that I'm really second guessing the safety of cruising.

Maybe those who purchased PVP insured should be given the option for a refund or the future cruise credit? or Maybe an OBC for the insurance cost should have also been offered?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, cng062000 said:

Maybe because many passengers will have started their journey to port or because perishable goods have been ordered and cannot be cancelled????  Just a thought!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Maybe because many passengers will have started their journey to port or because perishable goods have been ordered and cannot be cancelled????  Just a thought!

Understandable, but why not also offer the OBC offer? Just seems odd. 😕 

Edited by cng062000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I believe this is part of the process ... there is a box to check to state you are canceling for a non-covered reason and then it goes back to Princess for a future cruise credit.  I don't think it is a big deal and read they may be revising how you have to go about this.  Will keep my fingers crossed that it is an easy process for those that decide to cancel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

We purchased the Platinum level (actually upgraded from standard since we are Ruby level).  So, now everyone gets the benefit we PAID for?  I do not begrudge the passengers, but I think Princess should refund what we PAID for the Platinum level coverage.

The difference is you also get other medical and other benefits that you paid for. I do understand your point of view.

• Like 2

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

The difference is you also get other medical and other benefits that you paid for. I do understand your point of view.

The medical is so inadequate we got a separate policy for that.  The ONLY reason we bought the PVP was for the CFAR coverage.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

No harm!!  I actually woke up around 2 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so, decided to pull out my iPad ... lo and behold, found the cancellation / obc notification from Princess for our cruise next month.  Also, checked on my airfare ... it went down about $200 ... so, now I am awake!!!  Nothing like getting $200 obc and saving $200 on my airfare to pop me right out of bed!  hahaha!!  

Happy Friday!!  

So happy for you. Atleast you have peace of mind. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Also, checked on my airfare ... it went down about $200 ... so, now I am awake!!!  Nothing like getting $200 obc and saving $200 on my airfare

I got excited too, until I saw the change fee more than offset the price drop.

8 minutes ago, PtownGirlz-NH said:

We are sailing tomorrow, so I hope Princess re-visits thier policy and decides to give us OBC for not cancelling 😷

I've been on hold for 67 minutes and supposed to sail tomorrow too. We will see....

• Like 3

rookie question. We have until tomorrow to cancel for 50% cancellation fee. Does that mean we get our govt taxes and fees totally refunded, we get 50% of the base cruise fare refunded and then the other 50% of the cruise fare we get back in future cruise credit? 

Edited by cruisekel1

10 minutes ago, cruisekel1 said:

rookie question. We have until tomorrow to cancel for 50% cancellation fee. Does that mean we get our govt taxes and fees totally refunded, we get 50% of the base cruise fare refunded and then the other 50% of the cruise fare we get back in future cruise credit? 

That is correct! 

• Like 1

I'm scheduled to be on the Grand Princess on March 22 (yes, yes, I know 👻) and I got this e-mail, so this was welcome news.  Both options look good - the FCC for canceling is a good fallback option, and the OBC for staying would come in handy.  But I'm patiently waiting to see what's behind door #3 - a Princess cancellation.  In that case, I'm likely to get a full refund plus FCC.

• Like 1

Contacted my TA about re-faring my May cruise and got this reply:

"We received an email from Princess today stating that under their current extreme situation dealing with thousands of passengers they will not be revisiting any refares for bookings that are well past their final payment date. "